Just sayin', maybe the problem people have with Tim Tebow...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Re: Just sayin', maybe the problem people have with Tim Tebow...

In Response to Re: Just sayin', maybe the problem people have with Tim Tebow...:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Just sayin', maybe the problem people have with Tim Tebow... : Have you ever thought about your soul - can it be saved? Or perhaps you think that when you're dead you just stay in your grave Is God just a thought within your head or is He a part of you? Is Christ just a name that you read in a book when you were in school? When you think about death do you lose your breath Or do you keep your cool? Would you like to see the Pope on the end of a rope Do you think he's a fool? Well I have seen the truth, yes I've seen the light And I've changed my ways And I'll be prepared when you're lonely and scared At the end of our days Could it be you're afraid of what your friends might say If they knew you believe in God above? They should realize before they criticize That God is the only way to love Is your mind so small that you have to fall In with the pack wherever they run Will you still sneer when death is near And say they may as well worship the sun? I think it was true it was people like you that crucified Christ I think it is sad the opinion you had was the only one voiced Will you be so sure when your day is near, say you don't believe? You had the chance but you turned it down, now you can't retrieve Perhaps you'll think before you say that God is dead and gone Open your eyes, just realize that he's the one The only one who can save you now from all this sin and hate Or will you still jeer at all you hear? Yes! I think it's too late. AFTER FOREVER, Black Sabbath
    Posted by hang3xc[/QUOTE]

Awesome

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Just sayin', maybe the problem people have with Tim Tebow...:
    [QUOTE]My problem witrh Tebow is simple, he's a terrible QB, Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

The truth.

He's not a pure stand in the pocket QB with alot of offensive IQ. He has the running skills that can drive  a defense crazy. In the end he'll never be high caliber unless he trains all year for the next 2-3 years a learns proper throwing technique.

In the end his morals and values toward his fellow man are endearing him to the nation. They'll forgiive his short comings in in his chosen trade of playing QB, because his faith is what is giving him the confidence to overcome obstacles.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

I have no problem with Tim Tebows beliefs or in the way he displays them. He isn't hurting me in any way. If this make him a better human being, more power to him.
       A player grabbing thier crotch or standing over another player pointing a finger at them, or taunting them in other ways or just plain acting like a jack @$$, is offensive to me. Yet, it seems Tebow takes a lot more grief for being a good human being. WOW.
      That being said, IMO, he sucks as a qb. I will be surprised if he is ever more than a back up.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Just sayin', maybe the problem people have with Tim Tebow... : Jeez, I think you're being a little too sensitive. The guy spent more time and money on charity by the time he was 22 then most people do their whole lives (blew 2.5 mil in 24 hours after getting an NFL contract on charity). If that's all for show than the world could use some more showmen. This uproar of him being in your face reminds me of awhile back when the Dean of a college (Harvard I think) banned any military recruiters from coming on campus. Not that I think people should join the military, but I find it absurd that even being asked was so offensive to people that they would go to great lengths to "fight the tyranny" they were being subjected to. And Tebow doesn't even go so far as to ask you to be a Christian (god forbid), he simply promoted that he thinks it has been a positive effect in his life. I'm picturing alot of people sitting around the thanksgiving table this year and when Uncle Joe says "Wow, this is some great turkey" they respond "Screw you Uncle Joe!, Why are you always trying to push your pro-turkey agenda on me. Get out of my face with all this turkey is great, turkey is the only way to live. You're such a hypocrite, just last week I saw you eating chicken. If you like turkey so much why do you feel the need to come out here in public and eat it, can't you just do it at home alone and let the rest of us live our lives. Go to heII."
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]
        LOL, Well said!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

Like jehr5 said "He isn't hurting me in any way."  Frankly I could care less how anyone displays their religious faith.  Stand on the street and shout prayers to the heavens - rock on with your bad self.  This is America, and anyone regardless of religious belief, or lack of religious belief, has the right to practice and display as they want.  Doesn't make me uncomfortable in the least - and if it did, I'd walk away, change the channel, etc.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I'm not really sure what Turkey has to do with it. Or if family is an adequate comparison. 

Keeping recruiters off of campuses, something I support, isn't about 'tyranny' or being offended ... it's about letting young people grow up a bit before they make a heavy decision that could alter their lives forever.

I also think they shouldn't be allowed in High Schools either. 

But then, I also think everyone should have to do some kind of military or non-military public service as well. So who knows.

At any rate Thanksgiving isn't a public forum. Tebow isn't an uncle. And saying "great turkey" isn't espousing a religious belief. 

I would love, love to see this thread if Tebow were, for instance, openly homosexual and was telling his boyfriend he loved him after every touchdown. And hosting commericials for that cause.

All of a sudden the voices would change rather quickly. 

I hold him to a Christian standard ... grandstanding is a sin. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

[QUOTE]I'm not really sure what Turkey has to do with it. Or if family is an adequate comparison.  Keeping recruiters off of campuses, something I support, isn't about 'tyranny' or being offended ... it's about letting young people grow up a bit before they make a heavy decision that could alter their lives forever. I also think they shouldn't be allowed in High Schools either.  But then, I also think everyone should have to do some kind of military or non-military public service as well. So who knows. At any rate Thanksgiving isn't a public forum. Tebow isn't an uncle. And saying "great turkey" isn't espousing a religious belief.  I would love, love to see this thread if Tebow were, for instance, openly homosexual and was telling his boyfriend he loved him after every touchdown. And hosting commericials for that cause. All of a sudden the voices would change rather quickly.  I hold him to a Christian standard ... grandstanding is a sin. 
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]
       You are always welcome to turn the cannel, Z.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Just sayin', maybe the problem people have with Tim Tebow... :    You are always welcome to turn the cannel, Z.
    Posted by jerh5[/QUOTE]
      Channel

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]I'm not really sure what Turkey has to do with it. Or if family is an adequate comparison.  Keeping recruiters off of campuses, something I support, isn't about 'tyranny' or being offended ... it's about letting young people grow up a bit before they make a heavy decision that could alter their lives forever. I also think they shouldn't be allowed in High Schools either.  But then, I also think everyone should have to do some kind of military or non-military public service as well. So who knows. At any rate Thanksgiving isn't a public forum. Tebow isn't an uncle. And saying "great turkey" isn't espousing a religious belief.  I would love, love to see this thread if Tebow were, for instance, openly homosexual and was telling his boyfriend he loved him after every touchdown. And hosting commericials for that cause. All of a sudden the voices would change rather quickly.  I hold him to a Christian standard ... grandstanding is a sin. 
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

Z, I agree with you 99% of the time but this is the 1% I guess. Life's too short to argue about such minutae so I'll just say have a happy thanksgiving. Good luck to LSU, hopefully god loves them this week (just kidding). :)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In Response to Just sayin', maybe the problem people have with Tim Tebow...:
    [QUOTE]...is their own attitude about who he is pointing to. READ THIS FIRST: Don't judge who Tebow is pointing to based on anything Tebow says or does. ...so why judge Tebow?
    Posted by WesternOregon[/QUOTE]

The fact of the matter is that no one has a problem with someone who is religious (except for fundamentalists of someone else's religion). But quite a lot of people have problems with athiests and agnostics. No matter where you go, what TV or radio station you listen to, what newspaper you read or what politician you happen to hear say something there will complete acceptance of worship.

I have not heard anyone complain or remark negatively about Tebow in this regard. Stop trying to be a victimized minority when you clearly are neither.

For the record I have nothing negative to say about Tebow in this regard either nor do I begrudge anyone their religious beliefs just as they should not begrudge me of mine.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

It's built up by the media.  Folks kneel and point up at the sky all the time.  The media makes sure Tebow is seen as wearing his Christianity on his sleave at all times.  Even if his is just my opinion it's not why most people have a problem with Tebow.  His performance on the field is what counts and it ain't that good.  What Tebow presently does will not get Denver to a SB let alone the playoffs.   

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]Do people really have that big of a problem with someone being religious? To each his own, who says every religious guy has to be like Kurt Warner
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33[/QUOTE]

until religion is used to persecute and to physically harm, and to commit genocide. which is everyday (including by christians).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Just sayin', maybe the problem people have with Tim Tebow... : Z, I agree with you 99% of the time but this is the 1% I guess. Life's too short to argue about such minutae so I'll just say have a happy thanksgiving. Good luck to LSU, hopefully god loves them this week (just kidding). :)
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE
    LOL.

Well played ...

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]It's built up by the media.  Folks kneel and point up at the sky all the time.  The media makes sure Tebow is seen as wearing his Christianity on his sleave at all times.  Even if his is just my opinion it's not why most people have a problem with Tebow.  His performance on the field is what counts and it ain't that good.  What Tebow presently does will not get Denver to a SB let alone the playoffs.   
    Posted by garytx[/QUOTE]

Religion is but one factor, but it seems obvious to me (to UGH steal from good ole Rush) the media is desirous of seeing Tebow succeed even to the point of inflating his accomplishments.

The other part is the Florida pedigree, but mostly, I think, they play him up because he generates ratings with people who do think of him as an evangelical champion. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Just sayin', maybe the problem people have with Tim Tebow... :
    Posted by Colosoxman[/QUOTE]

" wonder what people would be saying if a player started praising Allah?"

theyd be shot possibly.
    anti arab racism and hatred have been artificially created through the use of systematic propaganda (read "manufacturing consent") by the masters (ie the bilderburgers) for their financial purposes (using murder (war) and genocide to steal.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

tebow is the holy ghost

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

Grandstanding a sin? Very close ....not me to determine.

I'm as much - if not more - of a practicing Christian as Tim Tebow. However, I will not be the forum-evangelist and fill the page with Bible verses.

Christ was the first to criticise the Old Testament Rabbis for 'Grandstanding' in front of Temples to be seen by the public for the wrong reasons and HE made it very clear and scolded them openly to their faces as they were looking for worship first and at the same time HE told them that they do not see the 'sign of the times' as predicted in Genesis, after Lucifer LIED to Eve. Christ was first promised by The Almighty in the Garden of Eden.

Genesis 3:15
    And I will put enmity between thee and THE woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

The Rabbis where Edomites, not real Israelis. Orthodox Jews and Ashkenazi Jews are bitter 'Scriptural' enemies today. It was the Israeli Rabbis and Scribes for the most part that excepted Christ as the promised Messiah back then.

There is a big difference between good Christian works and displays of self-first. After-all the NFL is the 'workplace' and Tebow has already shown his good works in many right ways. Instead of a jock pump after a TD - that we see often - a simple point in reverence to the Heavens will do. The caution is that none of us are perfect and someday, perhaps Tebow will take some media heat for just simply dating a woman? Or looking at a cheerleader twice? .......Laughing

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

You Tebow fans are annoying, no one hates him because he's Christian. You're projecting that on to us because YOU all love BECAUSE he's Christian. Brady is Christian, Welker is Christian, Mayo is Christian, David Ortiz is Christian (Even points to the sky and thanks God and his mom after every HR), but we all love them. 

I don't like Tebow because he sucks. He's overrated and given shot after shot that no one else would get if they weren't Christians. Do you think the media would glorify him if he got on his knees after every TD in the direction of Mecca and prayed to Allah? No, no he wouldn't. Especially seeing as how he went to school in the South, a place where ignorance is praised. 

Shut up, if Tebow played on the same level as say...Reggie Brown, no one would care if he demanded all Broncos games be postponed until he comes from church. Get over it, he's not a victim, I'm the victim for having to have to watch him QB. It's an eyesore. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

[QUOTE]I believe in God, but tend to think he overdoes it a bit.  That said, I have no business telling him to practice his religion to a lesser extent.  I'd rather see that than some funky dance. Are people more hostile towards religion nowadays, or did I simply not notice people complaining about Mark Bavaro when he played?  
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

" I believe in God, but tend to think he overdoes it a bit." I agree, that whole parting of the red sea was way over the top, and don't get me started on with the walking on the water thing!

Dang God, too much!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Just sayin', maybe the problem people have with Tim Tebow... : until religion is used to persecute and to physically harm, and to commit genocide. which is everyday (including by christians).
    Posted by brdbreu[/QUOTE]

Why JUDGE God based on what humans do. That's all I'm sayin'...those who criticize Tebow's actions need to address their own issues as to why they have an issue with something a mere man does.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Just sayin', maybe the problem people have with Tim Tebow... : Why JUDGE God based on what humans do. That's all I'm sayin'...those who criticize Tebow's actions need to address their own issues as to why they have an issue with something a mere man does.
    Posted by WesternOregon[/QUOTE]

You missed his point altogether. He was pointing out that every major religion (including Christianity) has not only been the source of evil acts but they have used their very religion to justify it. He was not commenting one way or another about God.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

The only problem I have with Tebow is what most people who take religion out of the equation have with him; he can't throw a football.

Just a heads up... there is no "war on Christmas," most of us don't give a rats a$$ what religion you are and they don't throw Christians into pits filled with lions anymore.  Come down off your cross, you can't be the single largest religion in this country/world wide and also claim to be ostracized.

Just because the talking heads on FOX news try to create controversy, try to create divisions among various religions and peoples doesn't mean you have to buy into it. This thread is a great example of that.

Troy Polamalu prays after every amazing play, we praise him for his football acumen and skill not how holy he is, as it should be.  

Why don't we wait for Tebow to win something of note first before we talk about him ad nauseum on every TV forum or even here for that matter? 

If Tebow was a black, devout Muslim QB who gave his time to charity would there be such a rabid following protecting him from anyone like myself who ONLY criticizes his ability to throw a deep out pass?  

It's only the religious zealots who keep bringing up his religion and ignoring his 45% completion rate. 

Don't attack me with your hang-ups and dogmas, there's a religious thread about two inches south of this one on the main menu, go there instead.  But I guess that's the problem most people have with religions, they insist on force feeding it to you when all you wanted to talk about is football.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

[QUOTE]The only problem I have with Tebow is what most people who take religion out of the equation have with him; he can't throw a football.
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

I won't hold that against him when he plays the Pats on Dec. 18th.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Just sayin', maybe the problem people have with Tim Tebow... : I won't hold that against him when he plays the Pats on Dec. 18th.
    Posted by patsbandwagonsince76[/QUOTE]

John Fox is a good coach, that's why they are winning.  His teams have certain traits, running and tough defense mainly, that's why they're winning.  Tebow is why they are barely winning.

I'm not anti Tebow or anti religion, this is a football forum, I'm talking football.  

Sections
Shortcuts