Just some thoughts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LadyBradyFan. Show LadyBradyFan's posts

Just some thoughts

At first this so called trash talk was kind of interesting but now I think
    kerry rhodes is just bordering on obsessive with the Patriots as is Rex.

I think the Jets remarks are getting way out of hand here. It is almost scary. Some of these sound more like threats. After what happened with that Bills players lawn and all this has all the makings of a tradgedy all over it. If the Jets do not win, or I should say when Tom and Randy out do em I am afraid this Rhodes character will go nuts and who knows what will happen afterwards. 

Guess I just don't want any of the Patriot players, or anyone really to get hurt. Rex just seems so mean to me. Course I am new to him. Wow! what a mouth he has.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Getting so sick of this.....Grow up people your adults....Rodney I am surprised.

What's a football game without trash talking coming from somewhere?

Fortunately for us, the Pats' players keep their heads in the game and not in the news.  One wonders if the Jets are setting themselves up for a very BIG fall.  WAYYYYYYY to much emphasis on this one game of 16.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Re: Getting so sick of this.....Grow up people your adults....Rodney I am surprised.

The Jets have infused their roster with a lot of talent.  Fortunately for us, Rex Ryan has given them the same attitude exhibited by the Chargers the past few years.  They're full of themselves.  At least the Chargers won quite a few games initially before they got that attitude.  They got a new coach, new QB, their enjoying the freedoms Mangina didn't give them, they got a good win last week, they think they're the team to beat now.

I think we'll see a much different attitude by the end of the season.  Losses have a way of humbling anyone.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LadyBradyFan. Show LadyBradyFan's posts

In Response to Re: Getting so sick of this.....Grow up people your adults....Rodney I am surprised.:
    [QUOTE]What's a football game without trash talking coming from somewhere? Fortunately for us, the Pats' players keep their heads in the game and not in the news.  One wonders if the Jets are setting themselves up for a very BIG fall.  WAYYYYYYY to much emphasis on this one game of 16.
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LadyBradyFan. Show LadyBradyFan's posts

You are right. Way to much!!

In Response to Re: Getting so sick of this.....Grow up people your adults....Rodney I am surprised.:
    [QUOTE]What's a football game without trash talking coming from somewhere? Fortunately for us, the Pats' players keep their heads in the game and not in the news.  One wonders if the Jets are setting themselves up for a very BIG fall.  WAYYYYYYY to much emphasis on this one game of 16.
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatFraggle. Show ThatFraggle's posts

I'm not quite sure what you mean out of control... I looked at all the twitter posts and there really isn't much to be concerned about. It's two people talking trash to each other over a game... That's actually pretty common. As a matter of fact, it's always been that way, but now there is the invent of Twitter, Facebook, and Myspace that makes it easy for everyone around the globe to  connect...

Calm down and relax.. Don't lock your kids in the house in fear that something bad is going to happen to them. It's a game and they are having fun getting hyped for it. Nothing more nothing less.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LadyBradyFan. Show LadyBradyFan's posts

Sorry I did not mean just Rodney and Rhodes out of control. I like Rodney. I meant the whole situation in general. and now Rodney is in it too, but I know he was trying to set him straight on somethings. Seems this rohdes character just adds more fuel to the fire each day. I was not trying to imply anything bad about Rodney. Just surprised that now he is retired and in on things, but I guess he did play for the Pats for so long. Did not mean to offend anyone with my post. Guess I won't post anymore. Goodluck to Patriots on Sunday. I hope Tom and Randy have a big game. Break more records. Go Pats!!!!

[QUOTE]I'm not quite sure what you mean out of control... I looked at all the twitter posts and there really isn't much to be concerned about. It's two people talking trash to each other over a game... That's actually pretty common. As a matter of fact, it's always been that way, but now there is the invent of Twitter, Facebook, and Myspace that makes it easy for everyone around the globe to  connect... Calm down and relax.. Don't lock your kids in the house in fear that something bad is going to happen to them. It's a game and they are having fun getting hyped for it. Nothing more nothing less.
    Posted by ThatFraggle[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: Just some thoughts

Rodney just loves the Patriots. To him, Belichick is like a second father. He knows Belichick frowns on his players trash talking so he does it for them. He knows the Patriots don't have a de facto leader at on their defense so he took it upon himself to be the vocal point. He'll say what Mayo and Meriweather can't say because he has already garnered so much respect in this league that when he speaks people just say, 'It's just Rodney being Rodney', but when a second year player (Mayo), a third (Meriweather), or a fifth year player (Rhodes) speaks it's arrogance. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

Good luck on Sunday. This is one Steeler fan who doesn't like talking trash before a game. After the moronic 'guarantee' by a back-up Steeler safety a few years ago, Tom Brady made him look like a idiot!(Which I thought he was as soon as he uttered his stupid guarantee) I won't be suprised if Brady has a great day against the Jets.
    That's what I've always admired about Tom Brady, he always let's his play do his talking for him!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

The Jests are merely taking the cue from their coach...much like the Steelers used to do with Porter. Since Joey the mouth left we don't hear nearly as much smack from Pittsburgh, they simply win (and I'd attribute this also to Tomlin, who is, IMO, one of the best coaches in the league right now). I'm sure most NFL players have the "urge" to come out and talk this type of trash. But the great ones like Brady know that their play on the field speaks a lot louder than any press conference or twitter post! Rex has let these guys "cut loose", and I suppose he feels it will help the team. But when you get consumed by hatred it often distracts you from common sense. I expect the Jests will commit a few stupid penalties "in the heat of the moment", when they really should be concentrating on doing their jobs. Ryan hasn't completely grasped the fact that as a HC you need to be more diplomatic, and you must keep your players grounded. The coaches who have had the most success (like BB, Lombardi, Walsh, etc.) have always subscribed to the "speak softly and carry a big stick" mentality. Usually the teams that are this full of themselves end their season with a rude awakening. Rex will either learn this or he'll be back to looking for work as a DC. I'm thinking Rhodes will learn the hard way that when you dis Tom Brady he will make you pay on the field!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

I agree that they both seem obsessed. I mean, have confidence, that's fine, but is nothing else going in those heads other than "gotta beat the Pats, gotta beat the Pats, gotta beat the Pats"?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

If we beat them, there'll be a big headline on the back page of the Daily News on Monday that says..."Talk Your Way Out Of This". Then it will be forgotten until the next time we play them.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

In Response to Re: Just some thoughts:
    [QUOTE]Good luck on Sunday. This is one Steeler fan who doesn't like talking trash before a game. After the moronic 'guarantee' by a back-up Steeler safety a few years ago, Tom Brady made him look like a idiot!(Which I thought he was as soon as he uttered his stupid guarantee) I won't be suprised if Brady has a great day against the Jets. That's what I've always admired about Tom Brady, he always let's his play do his talking for him!
    Posted by Steelcurtain75[/QUOTE]
    Nice to see a Steelers fan who is Objective concerning the Pats.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Re: Just some thoughts:
    [QUOTE]Good luck on Sunday. This is one Steeler fan who doesn't like talking trash before a game. After the moronic 'guarantee' by a back-up Steeler safety a few years ago, Tom Brady made him look like a idiot!(Which I thought he was as soon as he uttered his stupid guarantee) I won't be suprised if Brady has a great day against the Jets. That's what I've always admired about Tom Brady, he always let's his play do his talking for him!
    Posted by Steelcurtain75[/QUOTE]

Well put.  If words won games, there would be a lot of undefeated teams out there!  Just let your play on the field do the talking.