Just Three More Years Of Brady

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

Just Three More Years Of Brady

So Mallett and Brady are both going to be on 4 year contracts- It makes sense that if Mallett is an acceptable starter  (at least a top 15 type qb) and if brady still has significant trade value after three years- that brady is gone. If Mallett is pretty good how does belichick hold onto a 37 year old qb instead of going with the future.
    i think this is a fact: if belichick likes mallett 3 years from now he will be made the starter . doesnt this make sense?
    hoyer (maybe) and cassel were both made into successful qbs- doesnt it stand to reason that belichick will do more with the more talented arknsas qb that can throw 80 yards?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Just Three More Years Of Brady

Time to step away from the corn squeezins dood. That white lightning is rotting your brain.

BB won't be here in 3 years and neither will Mallet.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: Just Three More Years Of Brady:
    [QUOTE]Time to step away from the corn squeezins dood. That white lightning is rotting your brain. BB won't be here in 3 years and neither will Mallet.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

I guarantee you that Belichick will be coaching the Pats until he calls it quits. Who's better out there? Who would you rather have coaching the Patriots? Take your time picking any one of the other 3 time Superbowl winning coaches...-_-

And even if BB is gone, no GM or HC is going to trade a young prospect and keep a 37 year old. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

If BB doesn't win a SB in the next 3 years (which he isn't going to do) that will be zip for 9 years. Kraft isn't in this for that kind of drought. And over that time with a HOF QB at that. BB's contract is over soon and Kraft isn't going to pay him top money to produce one and outs.

BB isn't the only guy around who knows the game and his 3 SB wins are getting to be more old news by the day.

And only a damned fool would move a HOF QB that still could play for a "prospect". If you want a list of the QBs who could still play at a high level at 37 I will be glad to provide that for you.

You folks are getting wood over a guy who slipped to the 3rd round that hasn't played a down yet. Problem is you think Hoodie is a genius and everybody else is stupid. The last 6 years say that isn't so. The NFL landscape is strewn with hundreds and hundreds of train wrecks who had big arms and "potential". Guys like Brady you can count on one finger.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Babe, Brady's demonstrating exactly what the board pans Manning for.  In the last 5 years Brady has been a phenomenal QB with 2 MVP's, but there are no rings during that time. 

So everyone says, you have to win now while you can.  Everyone is right, but its not that easy.  When Brady was managing games, the pats had a legendary defense.  When QB's have to "take over" games, imo, its not a good sign.  That's too much pressure to do it all, and they frequently fall short. 

The more I watch the more I am convinced that a team needs to be good on both sides of the ball, but the defense needs to be the better of the two.  Does this always work, no.  If it did, then I'd one might expect the Ravens to have another title or except when you recognize how strong Pittsburgh is.  

Just my 2 cents.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

So everyone says, you have to win now while you can.  Everyone is right, but its not that easy.  When Brady was managing games, the pats had a legendary defense.  When QB's have to "take over" games, imo, its not a good sign.  That's too much pressure to do it all, and they frequently fall short. 

So  this includes manning to, cause you only use bradys name?I think this is a good post and well thought out

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Yep - it includes Manning too.  As great as I think Manning has been, it wasn't until the defense stepped up that they finally got through. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

Once brady and manning are done the rivalry is dead .

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

No longer in the same division - you are probably right.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]Babe, Brady's demonstrating exactly what the board pans Manning for.  In the last 5 years Brady has been a phenomenal QB with 2 MVP's, but there are no rings during that time.  So everyone says, you have to win now while you can.  Everyone is right, but its not that easy.  When Brady was managing games, the pats had a legendary defense.  When QB's have to "take over" games, imo, its not a good sign.  That's too much pressure to do it all, and they frequently fall short.  The more I watch the more I am convinced that a team needs to be good on both sides of the ball, but the defense needs to be the better of the two.  Does this always work, no.  If it did, then I'd one might expect the Ravens to have another title or except when you recognize how strong Pittsburgh is.   Just my 2 cents.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

I certainly do not think Brady is "SOLELY" responsible for the Pats not winning SBs since 2005. No different than saying Manning is responsible for the Colts only winning one SB. It IS a TEAM game!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

AGC,

I may not have explained myself well enough.  What I believe is that in the last half-decade, the pats haven't won despite Brady's greatness.  What I was trying to convey (maybe poorly) is the opposite of what you've said. 

QB's cannot be expected to do it all, and even if they are capable of it, they can't do it everytime or even half the time.    

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

Wow see how good  debates go without rusty around lol

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

Babe has a realistic look at it,everyone is replaceable even if your the best at your job, but dont show results anything can happen.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Babe, Brady's demonstrating exactly what the board pans Manning for.  In the last 5 years Brady has been a phenomenal QB with 2 MVP's, but there are no rings during that time.  So everyone says, you have to win now while you can.  Everyone is right, but its not that easy.  When Brady was managing games, the pats had a legendary defense.  When QB's have to "take over" games, imo, its not a good sign.  That's too much pressure to do it all, and they frequently fall short.  The more I watch the more I am convinced that a team needs to be good on both sides of the ball, but the defense needs to be the better of the two.  Does this always work, no.  If it did, then I'd one might expect the Ravens to have another title or except when you recognize how strong Pittsburgh is.   Just my 2 cents.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

The general formula for success today is Elite QB + Strong D = SB win.

BB has let the D go bad through poor personnel choices. And the results show that. Brady on the other hand has stepped up his game. But the X factor that has been addedto the mix is that the O-line play has deteriorated badly all too often in the playoffs as well.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Question - who did Belichick sign or resign other than A. Thomas on defense during Brady's discount years?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Babe I think you are nuts, BB could 100% win another super bowl in the next 3 years, he is only a few players short of a championship. You might have given up on this team but you seem to be the only one. And BB will retire as the head coach of the NE Patriots Kraft would be stupid to get rid of BB and Kraft is not stupid. Also Tom Brady will retire a Pat IMO. No way Brady gets traded or cut loose. 3 years from now if healthy Brady is still a top 5 QB. Thats my 2 cents anyway.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

Kraft was incensed when spygate broke. He said so. But he had just signed BB to a 7 year highest paid coach in the NFL contract. Kraft isn't going to throw tens of millions away and just fire BB But if you think he is happy about BB putting a black mark on his busines you are wrong. 

But now we have 6 years and counting of no SB wins from the highest paid coach with complete control. He has the best QB in the game and still is not getting it done. Kraft is not the Hoodie worshiper the average fan is. Fans can make all the excuses they want, but the bottom line is the bottom line. Kraft is a bottom line guy and he loves the team and demands success.

His comment about them lacking a "game plan" after the Jet's loss is a scathing comment on BB. Kraft just doesn't talk like that generally.

The fact is without Brady BB has been a failure as an NFL coach. And chances are he will be a failure when Brady is gone. Kraft can see the record as easily as I can.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Just Three More Years Of Brady : I certainly do not think Brady is "SOLELY" responsible for the Pats not winning SBs since 2005. No different than saying Manning is responsible for the Colts only winning one SB. It IS a TEAM game!
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

Brady has had only 2 playoff games that he didn't play well enough in. Against Denver and the Ravens he was not nearly good enough. Other than those two he is pretty much blameless.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Question - who did Belichick sign or resign other than A. Thomas on defense during Brady's discount years?
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

He signed Seymour to big $$$ during that time.Maybe more.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]I agree with you but he continues to show results. He makes the play-offs every year, he has his team in the hunt every year, and he has a good shot at winning a super bowl in the time span that babe listed. And I highly doubt BB gets let go if he doesn't win a super bowl in the next 3 years but IMO he will win a super bowl in that time span. I agree people can be replaced I just dont think Babe is right on this one but that's just my opinion and he is allowed to his so no big deal.

Making the playoffs is nice. But I doubt Kraft will be satisfied with that alone. Nearly a decade without a SB will be the end of BB in Foxboro. It is hard to fathom how you could not win one in 9 years with Brady as QB. You've got to be doing something wrong.

As for the next 3 years, with a D like this I see no SBs. Maybe a couple guys BB has drafted will blossom into all-pros overnight. But I'm not holding my breath for that. There is a chance we could win one. But the odds aren't too good with what we have on D.

We just had a draft loaded with front 7 talent on D and we were loaded with picks and came up empty. That is inexplicable and symptomatic of the lack of expertise at the top in this regard. Sometimes a mad scientist's experiments go awry.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

It makes no sense to fire BB just because he hasn't won a SB. This team has the highest winning percentage in the league. As for the deficiencies on defense, I agree to a point. But they were also only two plays away from having 5 rings instead of 3 (I'm assuming, of course, that they could have beat the Bears in SB41). When you lose guys like Bruschi, Harrison, McGinest, Seymoure, and Vrable you are going to have to do some rebuilding. But Kraft is no fool. There is no other coach who could do any better with this group of guys. And no available personnel guy who can do much better than BB has. As for this last draft being "loaded with talent", that's subjective. There were a lot of talented guys who never helped their team like Ryan Leaf, Jamarcus Russell, Vernon Gholston, and many more. But all that "talent" means squat! Maybe they'll win another Lombardi and maybe not. But if they were to replace BB I doubt they would be as strong a contender as they currently are. Most owners don't fire guys who win 11-14 games a year. Other than Marty I cannot recall a single one. I also see this defense being a top squad with a little more experience. As for passing on the "talent" in the draft, I expect they had reasons. I also doubt they would trade a 37 year old Brady to start Mallett. Unless he sustains a major injury or his skills completely erode I believe he will retire in NE. Sure, Joe Montana was traded at the end of his carreer, but Mallet is no Steve Young! Unless he turns out to be I expect Brady to play in Foxboro until he's ready to hang it up. Kraft wants to win, but he also wants to make money. And unless Brady starts playing live Favre did in his last years in GB the fans would not like him being traded, and that could hit Kraft in the wallet. We'll see, but I think any trade speculations for Brady or BB getting canned are way off base!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ender587. Show Ender587's posts

Your crazy babe.. Krafts not letting Tom or BB go any time soon.  I think your forgetting that last year was supposed to be a rebuilding year and we should have been a wild card for theplayoffs.  Instead we dominated the entire season, especially the end when it got tough.  Everything just catches up to us in the playoffs for some reason. 

We need a better Defense, and we need it asap!  McCourty and Dowling should help that situation, but we desperatley need a quality Free Agent pass rush.  A difference maker. 

You know how many teams win atleast 1 SB every 6 years???? I dont have a clue, but the group he has right now has done it multiple times.  Krafts sticking with whats already proven.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Babe you dont see anything good about this defense at all? Are you serious? I mean I know on paper they didnt look great in some areas but in take aways and points allowed they were great. They are getting better each year. Good players and contributers Pat Chung Brandon Meriweather Ron Brace (role player on 1st and 2nd down) Vince Wilfork Devin McCourty Leigh Bodden Ty Warran (needs to stay healthy but if he does he is a great player) Jerod Mayo Brandon Spikes Jermain Cunningham Gary Guyton (Not a great player but he has at least 2 games a year where he blows up) James Sanders (undervalued by fans) The people I didnt mention are people that need to be upgraded like Rob Nincovich, TBC, Darius Butler, and maybe I missed a few other people. But my point is that defense is one or two players away from being super bowl ready. A guy like Cunningham progresses and all of a sudden that pass rusher we have been looking for is all set. We bring in a solid DE or OLB and the D is good to go. Are they the Defense of yester year? nope. But they are finding themselves and getting better. Its sad that you have lost faith in a team that was better then anyone thought the would be last year it really is. Hopefully they win a super bowl and shut you up and im sure thats what your hoping for as well.

All the delusions around here start with the BB worship. These are the facts. Ten of them.

1. BB without Brady is a career 56-60 coach.

2. With Brady he is a career 111-32 coach.

3. BB without Brady he has made the playoffs once in 7 seasons.

4. BB with Brady has made the playoffs 8 out of 9 times.

5. The 3 SBs won were with a number of key players BB did not bring to the team.

6. Since the last SB win the team has been guilty of two of the greatest "chokes" in NFL history.

7. BB took a team that had no losing season for 3 years under Carrol and went 5-11 until Brady came along.

8. In the past 3 seasons BB has missed the playoffs once and gone one and out the other two times.

9. BB's playoff record with Brady is 14-5, without him, 1-1.

10. BB is directly responsible for bringing the worst scandal in NFL history down upon our team.

Kraft knows these facts as well as I do. And observing how Kraft has run his team over the years and how much he loves the team, I don't think he's too pleased with the last 6 years for a lot of reasons. He bought the team to win SBs, not make the playoffs.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Your crazy babe.. Krafts not letting Tom or BB go any time soon.  I think your forgetting that last year was supposed to be a rebuilding year and we should have been a wild card for theplayoffs.  Instead we dominated the entire season, especially the end when it got tough.  Everything just catches up to us in the playoffs for some reason.  We need a better Defense, and we need it asap!  McCourty and Dowling should help that situation, but we desperatley need a quality Free Agent pass rush.  A difference maker.  You know how many teams win atleast 1 SB every 6 years???? I dont have a clue, but the group he has right now has done it multiple times.  Krafts sticking with whats already proven.
    Posted by Ender587[/QUOTE]

When you don't draft well you need to rebuild. I can agree with that.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]babe you are entitled to your opinion of course but I cant wait to watch you eat these words. You can pick apart his career all you want but the fact is he does have Tom Brady and he has him because HE drafted Tom Brady and HE said f*ck the $100 million dollar QB (Bledsoe) and went with the young kid who earned the job when many other would have put Bledsoe back in after he got healthy. And where is the second "biggest choke of all time?" I agree that losing the super bowl in 2007 is hands down the biggest choke in NFL history that one I agree with you on but if you are referring to last year as one of the biggest chokes in history I think you going over board. It was a big loss or even a choke if you will but not one of the worst of all time. They were not even supposed to win 11 games according to most people and the overachieved and went 14-2 and then yes choked but it was not as bad as your making it out to be. BB went 5-11 in his first year and you hold it against him? My guess is that is just your problem man cause thats just silly. For 1 it was his first year with the team and 2 one year later he made a huge move in letting Brady keep the job and then won a super bowl. Whether he drafted the players on that 2001 team or not means nothing, he took a team full of guys most considered "no name" players and coached them up. Do you think Pete Carrol wins the super bowl coaching the Pats with Tom Brady in 2001? Do you think he could of out coached the "Greatest show on turf"? Cause I sure dont. And I like Carrol but he is no Bill Belichick. Simply put there is not a better teacher in the NFL then Bill Belichick and even other coaches will say that. Im not saying he is perfect but he is the best at his job and even the experts and his peers have said so.

Actually in BB's own words Brady was better than Bledsoe before 2001 even started. They decided to go with the experience. Once Drew got hurt and Bradywas winning, it was a no brainer. Sorry, no bigtime brownie points for BB being bold to play Brady. He did what was obvious to do.

And sorry, I'm not giving credit for the luckiest draft pick in  history. But in fairness I wouldn't judge him poorly for any 6th round picks he made that sucked either.

I have NEVER said BB isn't a good coach. He knows his Xs and Os as well as anybody. His COACHING is not the problem.

I will be delighted to eat my words.

I predict in 1-2 years BB will be gone, or we will have a GM in place other than him. If we win a SB in that time probably not, but the odds are there will be a profound change.

(as far as the 5-11 thing, it just fits nicely with the rest)

(oh, sorry, the other great choke mwas in the AFC Champ game vs the Colts)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from sfpat. Show sfpat's posts

[QUOTE]Babe has a realistic look at it,everyone is replaceable even if your the best at your job, but dont show results anything can happen.
    Posted by lippa[/QUOTE]

Per Babe, everyone is replaceable except TB, who will play forever.  Tell me how many SB's (which seems to be Babe's only criteria) Brett Favre won in the last 10 years of his career?