Just Three More Years Of Brady

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Re: Just Three More Years Of Brady

The Super Bowl loss against the Giants was not a choke. Anyone who was not an idiot could see that the Giants were going to play the Pats very tough in that game, they gave the Pats all they could handle late that regular season. I for one was really concerned before that game. The Pats' dominant offense that year had been slowing down for a variety of reasons. That game smelled of upset just like the Pats over the Rams many years before. 

This is a very good point. The Giants defense was the best in the league after Thanksgiving. They also had the advantage of having played NE just five weeks prior to the SB. The Patriots OL, who had been very good all season long simply could not handle the pass rush from the Giants front four. It was not a choke by any means, but a tough fought defensive game on both sides. I, too, was very nervous when the Giants won the NFCCG in Green Bay (I was hoping Favre would save that critical INT for Glendale!), and knew it was not going to be the "blowout" some people expected. The similarities to 2001 were eerie. The Giants got their act together mid-November just like NE did after starting 5-5 in 01. Their defense stepped up big time just like ours did back then, making crucial plays and takeaways. And they gameplanned the best offense in the league perfectly just like BB did against the Rams. It was a heartbreaking loss, but not a "choke" as the media loved to call it (for headline purposes). IMO the big factor in that game was the aging defense. They played great for most of the game but couldn't keep it up for the entire 60 minutes. I don't know what the other big "choke" was that Babe is speaking of, but the only real "chokes" I can remember this team having were the playoff losses in 05 (Denver) and the 06 AFCCG.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

But how about that Hall of Fame 127 passer rating the 70 career passer Sanchez threw at that spiffy Pat's D?

Any QB could have had a great game with the amount of time Sanchez had to throw in that game. Had he been hurried just a little the NE secondary would have made some great plays. It will be a learning experience for this young defense. And after all that they still almost managed to tie it up at the end were it not for that last TD. With the DL healthy and the younger guys with some experience I expect them to handle big game pressure better next time around. Though they may have had a disappointing loss in the postseason, NO OTHER COACH could have taken this very young team to a 14-2 record! Twenty years ago Patriots fans would have been thrilled just to make the playoffs. Now only 4 SB appearances in 10 years is reason to can the coach? Sure, the goal is to win a SB every season, but the reality is that 31 teams fail each season. I don't see Belichick going anywhere until HE decides it's time to leave!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

Yes it was a choke ,even though it  sucked to watch giving up a lead in what final 35 seconds of the game .If that was the giants ,jets or any other team it would have been a choke ,but not for the pats come on.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In Response to Just Three More Years Of Brady:
    [QUOTE]So Mallett and Brady are both going to be on 4 year contracts- It makes sense that if Mallett is an acceptable starter  (at least a top 15 type qb) and if brady still has significant trade value after three years- that brady is gone. If Mallett is pretty good how does belichick hold onto a 37 year old qb instead of going with the future. i think this is a fact: if belichick likes mallett 3 years from now he will be made the starter . doesnt this make sense? hoyer (maybe) and cassel were both made into successful qbs- doesnt it stand to reason that belichick will do more with the more talented arknsas qb that can throw 80 yards?
    Posted by patthepatriot666[/QUOTE]

This is about the dumbest paragraph ever written on the site. Mallet is still an unknown quantity, and in three years if Brady is still playing well he's not going to be replaced by a young QB  until he proves himself. Brady will play here until he's no longer capable of being a starter and will not be used as trade bait.

Hetchinspete.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In Response to Re: Just Three More Years Of Brady:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Just Three More Years Of Brady : Making the playoffs is nice. But I doubt Kraft will be satisfied with that alone. Nearly a decade without a SB will be the end of BB in Foxboro. It is hard to fathom how you could not win one in 9 years with Brady as QB. You've got to be doing something wrong. As for the next 3 years, with a D like this I see no SBs. Maybe a couple guys BB has drafted will blossom into all-pros overnight. But I'm not holding my breath for that. There is a chance we could win one. But the odds aren't too good with what we have on D. We just had a draft loaded with front 7 talent on D and we were loaded with picks and came up empty. That is inexplicable and symptomatic of the lack of expertise at the top in this regard. Sometimes a mad scientist's experiments go awry.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

Who ever you are, I won't use the name of a Patriot legend to refer to you. And obviously know little to nothing about football.   
    Hetchinspete

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from khiro822. Show khiro822's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Just Three More Years Of Brady : All the delusions around here start with the BB worship. These are the facts. Ten of them. 1. BB without Brady is a career 56-60 coach. 2. With Brady he is a career 111-32 coach. 3. BB without Brady he has made the playoffs once in 7 seasons. 4. BB with Brady has made the playoffs 8 out of 9 times. 5. The 3 SBs won were with a number of key players BB did not bring to the team. 6. Since the last SB win the team has been guilty of two of the greatest "chokes" in NFL history. 7. BB took a team that had no losing season for 3 years under Carrol and went 5-11 until Brady came along. 8. In the past 3 seasons BB has missed the playoffs once and gone one and out the other two times. 9. BB's playoff record with Brady is 14-5, without him, 1-1. 10. BB is directly responsible for bringing the worst scandal in NFL history down upon our team. Kraft knows these facts as well as I do. And observing how Kraft has run his team over the years and how much he loves the team, I don't think he's too pleased with the last 6 years for a lot of reasons. He bought the team to win SBs, not make the playoffs.

Didn't BB take us to an 11-5 record with Matt Cassel?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

[QUOTE]All the delusions around here start with the BB worship. These are the facts. Ten of them.

1. BB without Brady is a career 56-60 coach.
    Bill Walsh was 17-23-1 w/o Montana, Chuck Noll was 86-97-1 w/o Bradshaw.

2. With Brady he is a career 111-32 coach.
    It helps for a coach to have a HOF QB.

3. BB without Brady he has made the playoffs once in 7 seasons.
    Bill Walsh never made the playoffs w/o Montana, 2 seasons, Noll only 4 in 11 seasons w/o Bradshaw.

4. BB with Brady has made the playoffs 8 out of 9 times.
    Walsh w/ Montana made it 7 out of 8, Noll w/ Bradshaw 8 out of 12.

5. The 3 SBs won were with a number of key players BB did not bring to the team.
    He also brought in a number of key players, Joe Andruzzi, Bobby Hamilton, Otis Smith, Richard Seymour, Matt Light, Larry Izzo, David Patten, Roman Phifer, Antowain Smith, Mike Vrabel, Deion Branch, David Givens, Christian Fauria, Ty Warren, Asante Samuel, Dan Koppen, Rosevelt Colvin, Rodney Harrison, Vince Wilfork.

6. Since the last SB win the team has been guilty of two of the greatest "chokes" in NFL history.
    I call it unlucky.

7. BB took a team that had no losing season for 3 years under Carrol and went 5-11 until Brady came along.
    This is common for most new coaches, plus Carroll's teams were going in the wrong direction.

8. In the past 3 seasons BB has missed the playoffs once and gone one and out the other two times.
    No coach wins every year.

9. BB's playoff record with Brady is 14-5, without him, 1-1.
    Again, Walsh didn't make the playoffs w/o Montana, Noll 2-3 w/o Bradshaw.

10. BB is directly responsible for bringing the worst scandal in NFL history down upon our team.
    Worst scandal in NFL history? According to the media maybe.

Kraft knows these facts as well as I do. And observing how Kraft has run his team over the years and how much he loves the team, I don't think he's too pleased with the last 6 years for a lot of reasons. He bought the team to win SBs, not make the playoffs.
    It is unrealistic to think that you have to win the Super Bowl every year. Kraft is realistic.
    Posted by BabeParilli
    [/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Just Three More Years Of Brady : Didn't BB take us to an 11-5 record with Matt Cassel?
    Posted by khiro822[/QUOTE]

Yes, against a schedule loaded with AFC/NFC West.

A schedule so tepid the Dolphins won the division with the same 11-5 record after going 1-15 the previous season.

Eight of the 11 wins came against teams that did not end the year with a winning record.

The only winning teams they beat were the Jets and Fish (split with both) who had the same anemic schedule and the Cards who had clinched by the time they played.

They beat no team who ended with more than 9 wins other than the Fish.

They went 3-4 against winning teams.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Just Three More Years Of Brady : Who ever you are, I won't use the name of a Patriot legend to refer to you. And obviously know little to nothing about football.    Hetchinspete
    Posted by Hetchinspete[/QUOTE]

Whoever you are, I would like to see you rufute something with a fact but I suspect you are incapable of that. And as far as using a tribute name for a Patriot's legend, I reserve the right to do that even if I don't drink the BB kool-aide enough to suit the likes of you.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Just Three More Years Of Brady : Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE] snip<Kraft canned Carrol because he expected more. Obviously. Carrol had made the playoffs 2 of 3 years. But Carrol had Bledsoe and BB had Brady. See the difference? /> He got canned because the team was getting worse. In 3 seasons the Pats won 10, 9, and 8 games. In that order. snip< Kraft was incensed when spygate broke. He said so. But he had just signed BB to a 7 year highest paid coach in the NFL contract. Kraft isn't going to throw tens of millions away and just fire BB But if you think he is happy about BB putting a black mark on his busines you are wrong. /> I have a different take on that. Any employment contract has a clause allowing dismissal for cause. "Spygate" would certainly have qualified as "cause" for dismissal. Since BB is still here Kraft probably wasn't as "incensed" as you think. My opinion is, BB informed Kraft of what he was going to do, and the reasons why. And, while the SB may be the ultimate goal, Kraft is still a business man. BB keeps the team competitive year in, year out, while keeping payroll modest by NFL standards.  snip < Sorry, but, teams rebuild AFTER they no longer have the HOF QB, not DURING.> Let's see, the average career of a modern football player is 3 or 4 years. A HOF QB lasts maybe 12. I suspect a team would be in pretty poor shape if no rebuilding was done during a QB's tenure.  I think babe conveniently forgets that the NFL is structured to prevent domination by any team for extended periods of time. The old "any given day" mantra. There's also the fact that Brady isn't the only great QB out there and BB isn't the only smart coach. It may be nearly 10 years since the last trophy, but they've been great football years. Babe must have been a miserable ess oh bee before BB came along...
    Posted by TonyCate[/QUOTE]

You have a number of erroneous notions here.

The Pat's always spend close to the cap, and have the highest paid HC in the NFL. So your claims about payroll are wrong.

Drafting lower is not a deterrent to continued success. The bad teams choose extremely overpriced unproven players in the top 10 and that straps them to the cellar much of the time.

Strength of schedule does not hinder a good team, because they have to beat the best anyway to advance in the playoffs. If anything the tougher schedule prepares them for facing the best at playoff time better.

The worst and the best team both have the same cap limit so there is no advantage to the loser team there.

If " the NFL is structured to prevent domination by any team for extended periods of time." then why do the same teams keep dominating the season?  Certainly teams like the Colts, Steelers, Chargers, Cowboys, Packers, Saints and Pats have shown they can keep winning despite the so called parity . As a matter of fact winning seems to closely tarck having a great QB rather than the NFL's parity ploys being the determining factor.

The teams with great QBs tend to be the winners. Brady, BR, P Manning, Rogers and Brees have accounted for 8 of the last 10 SB wins. So BB's teams have remained good despite his blundering because of his luck getting Brady.

How long do you think Kraft will put up with no SB despite having the best QB in the game? A few more misses and Brady will be old and BB will be 0 for his last 10. Would you say if he doesn't get it in three years he will be gone? Or will Kraft stick with him for 20 years of no SB wins because he is a genius?

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Alrighty then...  Pete Carrol was 10-6, 9-7, and 8-8 as a NE Coach, heading straight downward from the Parcell's Superbowl Team he had taken over from (1-1 in playoffs-crushed by Pittsburgh, then 0-1-beaten by Jax, then no playoffs), Next- Yes, over the course of 10 years, it DOES become a requirement to rebuild an NFL Team...just b/c BB always wins, doesn't make him the single exception-And he's rebuilt the team within a 2 year span (this 14-2 team WAS a rebuilding season)-In modern NFL, you cannot do it ALL by perfect drafts, OR by overspending your cap with unreal free agents, guys get hurt, guys leave, guys get old-Stop being st#pid, Next- So I actually WILL take you up on your offer of those successful NFL QBs 37 years old and over (and remember, I unlike some, WILL actually check)-Marino, Elway-38, and 37 years AT their retirement age, so Brady gone at 37 isn't a wild thought...Also, don't come at me with Johnny U., or some of the QBs of old, try to keep it relevant in TODAY's NFL, sped up, and massively better and stronger and more powerful athletes -exponentially than in the past (Warren Moon & Doug Flutie-BOTH over 40...and yea, 2 guys you could really build a championship caliber team around-lmao), And so now finally, you said that NE "chocked in the Giants/Pats Superbowl," b/c (and I quote) "they blew the biggest halftime lead in superbowl history"....you DO know that the score at halftime was Giants 3 & Patriots 7, right?  4 points=THE Biggest?  Also, pass this on to Communist Contrarian-Brady's undergone 5 Surgeries, in his NFL career, not counting his rib problems for a year, or his broken thumb, NE (under him, IN his 9 years of playing-minus the 2 minutes he played in '08), has gone to 19 playoff games in total...That's over 2 extra games a year, and Brady doesn't miss cr#p during the season due to injury (he fights through the pain, and svx it up), So good GOD...I hope he stays off the practice field as long as humanly possible. Now finally (while I'm at it)-Pass this on to JintsFan-Eli DOES suck...you gotta be brain-damaged to think that it wasn't Giants Front 7 Defenders who won that SB...  Eli had Ahmad Bradshaw and Brandon Jacobs helping with a clean 4.0 running average...And at EVERY critical stage in the game, Eli did EVERY-thing he could, to try to f it up...There were 2 Fumbles by Eli alone (BOTH were recovered by HIS guys), not counting the late drive fumble where HE recovered it, He threw 1 INT, and when watching that final drive, Jesus, He coulda thrown 3 more on that drive alone (1 of AS's hands, the hail-mary that yes-He DID throw off his back foot, when his wideout had to outjump Harrison and then catch it with every effort on earth off his helmet, THEN there's 1 where Merriweather was catching it over his head, and then Ellis Hobbes & the receiver he was covering smashed into Meri at the last second)...  Delay of Game on first drive by Eli- I mean MAN!-EVERY time except that very last drive, when it looked like The Giants were gonna get something goin', Manning just f'd it up...  Oh, btw, Eli's 2 BIGGEST pass plays-1 42 yarder and 1 38 yarder...The 1 38 yarder was thrown so far behind the wideout, that the wr, had to stop AND go back for it (great play by Giants wr), and the 42 yarder was a 6 yard pass, and then Rodney Harrison missed an open field tackle=thus 42 yard gain...  Good grief, let's at least be rational here on your 3 people's trolling comments- Also, when you DO answer me, at least TRY to answer ALL the points I've made, rather than using the troll-technique, of using 1 tiny portion of 1 part of 1 point, and then think that this accounts for a full & totally reasoned adequate response... 
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

You DO know I was referring to two different chokes don't you? Obviously not.

Try not to write one gigantic run on sentence and people might be more apt to respond to specifics.

Really, this trashy effort is unworthy of specific response. Clean it up and make it coherent rather than looking like it was written by somebody who just stumbled in after guzzing a half keg of cheap beer.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TonyCate. Show TonyCate's posts

In Response to Re: Just Three More Years Of Brady: You have a number of erroneous notions here. The Pat's always spend close to the cap, and have the highest paid HC in the NFL. So your claims about payroll are wrong. 

The Pat's total payroll in 2010 was 129M. That ranks the 12th highest for that year. Washington lead the way with 178M.

Drafting lower is not a deterrent to continued success. The bad teams choose extremely overpriced unproven players in the top 10 and that straps them to the cellar much of the time. Strength of schedule does not hinder a good team, because they have to beat the best anyway to advance in the playoffs. If anything the tougher schedule prepares them for facing the best at playoff time better. The worst and the best team both have the same cap limit so there is no advantage to the loser team there. 

Yawn....

If " the NFL is structured to prevent domination by any team for extended periods of time." then why do the same teams keep dominating the season?   Certainly teams like the Colts, Steelers, Chargers, Cowboys, Packers, Saints and Pats have shown they can keep winning despite the so called parity . As a matter of fact winning seems to closely tarck having a great QB rather than the NFL's parity ploys being the determining factor. 

You answer your own question here...

The teams with great QBs tend to be the winners. Brady, BR, P Manning, Rogers and Brees have accounted for 8 of the last 10 SB wins. So BB's teams have remained good despite his blundering because of his luck getting Brady. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Brady's first SB win a result of BB defensive scheme keeping the Pat's in the game? Is that an example of BB blundering? The 2nd SB found Brady unable to engineer scoring drives until the final minutes of the half. Again, the Pat's D kept them in the game until the offense could get on track. 

As for BB being "lucky" with the Brady pick, to a certain extent all successful draft picks are luck. We all know that a #1 can be a total bust, just as a 7th rounder can turn into a superstar. BB knew what he wanted in a QB and instructed his scouts to look for that. He got two names and picked TB. That he turned out as well as he did may well be luck, but I think there's a healthy dose of good judgement in there. The Cassel pick reinforces that opinion.

How long do you think Kraft will put up with no SB despite having the best QB in the game? 

I agree that TB is the best QB in the league. There's more to a football game than that, though. Are you arguing that the OL, TE's, WR's, or defense plays no part in a games outcome? Are you actually suggesting that the coaches game plan has no bearing? (If you want to blame the Jets playoff loss on BB's lack of a game plan, then to be logically consistent shouldn't the SB wins be a result of BB's game plans? Especially the first one...)

A few more misses and Brady will be old and BB will be 0 for his last 10. Would you say if he doesn't get it in three years he will be gone? Or will Kraft stick with him for 20 years of no SB wins because he is a genius?

It depends of the degree of miss. If the Pats flat out suck wind, sure Kraft cans him. If the team performs as it has for the past few years, then Kraft sticks with him. The exception would be if there were wide spread fan discontent with BB. I don't see that happening. Most fans have a different view of coach than you. Whether you want to admit it or not most people think the Pats making the playoffs last year nothing short of a miracle. Yet, folks like you think we're entitled to SB rings just because we have TB.

That being said, I wouldn't be surprised at all if BB steps down when TB does. The only reason to stick around after that is to prove something. I don't think he has anything left to prove.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Just Three More Years Of Brady : You keep saying it was an "easy" schedule, as if the rest of the AFC East didn't have the same situation. This is your way to take away from Cassel's emergence and what was a Pro Bowl season, his first competitive seasons since high school. Look at Favre's 2008 and Cassel's, and tell me who was better. If Favre goes to a Pro Bowl, and Cassel was better in 2008, and hadn't played in sucessive games in 10 years, how is Cassel's performance, not only unique in this day and age, but impressive? The Cards did not lay down in that game either. NE ran roughshod over them because it was snowing and Arizona hadn't figured it out yet. They got hot soon after that.  Your act is really old as a jealous Jets troll.  Cassel />Sanchez. lol
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

I would rate Cassel over Sanchez. Sanchez truly sucks.

I didn't make the schedule. It is a fact the two good seasons Cassel has had were against a weak schedule. The one season he played a somewhat normal schedule he stank, even playing in the AFC West.

I pointed out the rest of the East had the same cake schedule. Face it BK, you're overmatched at every turn with me.

Face the reality.

You on BB. = UD6 on Manning.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cgcl. Show cgcl's posts

So Babe, if BB is gone in 1 or 2 years, who do you want to replace him?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cgcl. Show cgcl's posts

So Babe, if BB is gone in the next 1-3 years, who do you want to replace him?

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Babe, you play the teams on your schedule plain and simple. BB took Matt Cassel and went 11-5 with a kid who had not started a game since high school. Pick it apart all you want but it was a great coaching experience and BB showed everyone he can win with out Tom Brady. Of course he missed Brady who wouldnt but you are grasping at straws when you try and down play the 11-5 record with Cassel at QB.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

I'm downplying it - because it was not evidence of BB's fantastic coaching skills. Not only was the schedule a joke, but it is well known Cassel was getting crazy numbers from YAC as well.

Everybody in Pat's Nation was salivating at the prospect of Brady & Company exacting revenge for missing the perfect season the year before against that cake schedule. Then fate gave us that shot in the stones.

Hey, I have never said BB isn't a terrific coach, but that 11-5 season isn't the proof of it.  BB is a great coach because he knows how to game plan and knows his Xs and Os inside out. But that team didn't go 11-5 because he is a great coach. They went 11-5 because they played mostly chumps. They did not fare too well against good teams at all.

And this nonsensical claim is just more of the same old balderdash that comes from BB worship. He is what he is. A terrific coach who can do wonders if he has the right players on the field. It's just that, left up to himself, he isn't getting the best players on the field.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]So Babe, if BB is gone in the next 1-3 years, who do you want to replace him?
    Posted by cgcl[/QUOTE]

I really don't want BB gone as coach. As far as GM, you could probably pick a name out of a hat and do as well.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RonMex2. Show RonMex2's posts

Mallet could be the guy....he has the tools to be a player...http://60maxpowero.com/draftermath1.html

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from df2. Show df2's posts

Let me guess, this clown thinks Brady was responsible for the greatest coaching performance in NFL history in 2001 too, right?

And for all the Belichick walks on water people, this Babe character has his head buried just as deep. Just on the other side of the beach.

He sounds somuch like underdog, I'm starting to wonder. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Let me guess, this clown thinks Brady was responsible for the greatest coaching performance in NFL history in 2001 too, right? And for all the Belichick walks on water people, this Babe character has his head buried just as deep. Just on the other side of the beach. He sounds somuch like underdog, I'm starting to wonder. 
    Posted by df2[/QUOTE]

C'mon now, if you try real hard you can get more out of those two brain cells. Yeah, BB is a terrific coach. I never said he wasn't. It's just that 2008 isn't proof of that. Don't you just hate it when facts get in the way of your simpleton notions?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from df2. Show df2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Just Three More Years Of Brady : Don't you just hate it when facts get in the way of your simpleton notions?

If anybody would know how that feels it would be you.

I get it. You're right and everybody else is wrong. Now you are going to educate all of us "simpletons." I've seen your type a thousand times on forums like this. Narcissist, with very low tolerance levels- indicative of arrested emotional developement. Which means once someone disagrees with him the insults start flying.

Four pages of posts and not one person agrees with you. I don't expect it dawn on you that you are wrong. That's not what narcissists do. You are incapable of critical self judgement. But if you were as smart as you think you are, it probably would have occurred to you by now that your time could be better spent elsewhere.

I am not going to address your specific points because for the most part they are absurd. Additionally it's pointless to debate people like you.

When Laz challenged you, you refused to even address any of his points. Because you couldn't. You simply attacked his writing style. People mention that Belichick took a QB that hadn't seen an NFL snap and won eleven games. And you throw some BS out there about a weak schedule. Do you have any idea how stupid you sound?

This is the underdog MO to a tee. Introduce some whacked out opinion. If anybody presents any facts to the contrary simply minimize or ignore them altogether. And then hurl insults at anybody foolish enough to try to correct you.

One underdog in this forum is enough.