Just what is the Patriot game plan going forward

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronf. Show ronf's posts

Just what is the Patriot game plan going forward

I think Belichick, Kraft, Brady all sat down and talked about what would be needed to make the Patriots competitive again. They had to have talked about prior to last season and again after the playoff loss the Ravens. Belichick knew he had to retool the team. After Four visits to the Super Bowl (a tremendous accomplishment) he knew the team was getting old. Now the team needed to be rebuilt. One of the things Belichick learned from Bill Parcels was that if you had a good offensive line and a good defensive line then you had a chance to compete. The Oline looks fairly solid. As for the Dline it is manned with castoff free agents, an undrafted player in Wright and a couple of rookie and second year players who are still question marks. Yes, they have a former 1st rounder Nose tackle in Wilfork but not much more.

Something interesting to watch will be how Ron Brace plays. He looked better than last year and good in the two games he played this preseason. Will he get his shot this year? It would be nice to see another 2nd Rd pick from last year's draft break into the starting lineup!

What's up with J. Cunningham? Will we get a better idea of what he can do at OLB? Will be play some defensive end? Has he got some injury that will land him on IR for the season?

Is it just coincidence that both Bodden and Ty Warren had ended up opting for season ending surguries?  Were these injuries/conditions ones that the Patriot brass were aware of? I know Ty warren mentioned he has played with his hip problem for a while.

When will the Patriots trade Logan Mankins? What will they get for him? A 2nd round pick?

What about Maroney? would the Patriots trade him if they could get a good offer?
    I think he's in the last season of his contract with the Patriots? I don't think the Patriots will resign him. I put Maroney in the same basket as Benjamin Watson, talented but disappointing as he never lived up to his 1st Rd potetial. Trade him now and get something for him? Or keep him as insurance because the two guys in front of him on the depth chart are injury prone?

No question that it's now truth or consequences for Wheatley and Wilhite. Will one of them step up or will somebody like hard hitting Kyle Arrington take their spot.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: Just what is the Patriot game plan going forward

I expect them to probably take it one game at a time. Perhaps they will throw in a little focus on each guy doing his job, and then they may finish it up with just trying to get better each day. My best guess.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DBCoach. Show DBCoach's posts

Prey...

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DBCoach. Show DBCoach's posts

In Response to Just what is the Patriot game plan going forward:
    [QUOTE]I think Belichick, Kraft, Brady all sat down and talked about what would be needed to make the Patriots competitive again. They had to have talked about prior to last season and again after the playoff loss the Ravens. Belichick knew he had to retool the team. After Four visits to the Super Bowl (a tremendous accomplishment) he knew the team was getting old. Now the team needed to be rebuilt. One of the things Belichick learned from Bill Parcels was that if you had a good offensive line and a good defensive line then you had a chance to compete. The Oline looks fairly solid. As for the Dline it is manned with castoff free agents, an undrafted player in Wright and a couple of rookie and second year players who are still question marks. Yes, they have a former 1st rounder Nose tackle in Wilfork but not much more. Something interesting to watch will be how Ron Brace plays. He looked better than last year and good in the two games he played this preseason. Will he get his shot this year? It would be nice to see another 2nd Rd pick from last year's draft break into the starting lineup! What's up with J. Cunningham? Will we get a better idea of what he can do at OLB? Will be play some defensive end? Has he got some injury that will land him on IR for the season? Is it just coincidence that both Bodden and Ty Warren had ended up opting for season ending surguries?  Were these injuries/conditions ones that the Patriot brass were aware of? I know Ty warren mentioned he has played with his hip problem for a while. When will the Patriots trade Logan Mankins? What will they get for him? A 2nd round pick? What about Maroney? would the Patriots trade him if they could get a good offer? I think he's in the last season of his contract with the Patriots? I don't think the Patriots will resign him. I put Maroney in the same basket as Benjamin Watson, talented but disappointing as he never lived up to his 1st Rd potetial. Trade him now and get something for him? Or keep him as insurance because the two guys in front of him on the depth chart are injury prone? No question that it's now truth or consequences for Wheatley and Wilhite. Will one of them step up or will somebody like hard hitting Kyle Arrington take their spot.
    Posted by RonF[/QUOTE]

1st sentance is the stupidist thing i ever read....   Brady not sitting talking to anyone cept bout his money

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Foot in mouth

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DBCoach. Show DBCoach's posts

In Response to Re: Just what is the Patriot game plan going forward:
    [QUOTE]You going hunting this weekend, DB Coach? I have a really hard time taking a Pats fan seriously when he doesn't even know to spell basic words. Yesterday it was "personal" issues for the team and he meant "personnel". Today it's "prey" v.s. "pray". Kid, get to a 4th grade English class. There is still time to register.  My god. How on earth did you ever graduate from middle school???
    Posted by ClarkGriswold[/QUOTE]

still in middle schol  thanks for correcting my grammer and spelling  it really maters to me that I spell and right corectly on this board

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

What ever you thnk it is, that 's not it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

lots of offense

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronf. Show ronf's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Just what is the Patriot game plan going forward : 1st sentance is the stupidist thing i ever read....   Brady not sitting talking to anyone cept bout his money
    Posted by DBCoach[/QUOTE]

Ya and when Denver had Elway they didn't talk to him either I bet. The Bulls didn't confer with Jordan about specific ways to move forward as a team. The Patriots are still talking to Brady plenty. Come on! Get real. I think the only foolish statement made was by you and your silly insult. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Just what is the Patriot game plan going forward : 1st sentance is the stupidist thing i ever read....   Brady not sitting talking to anyone cept bout his money

You apparently cannot read what you write.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Just what is the Patriot game plan going forward : still in middle schol  thanks for correcting my grammer and spelling  it really maters to me that I spell and right corectly on this board

I doubt your issues with spelling exist only on this board. You really should look into it. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

Game plan is to cut 18 more guys by 4pm tomorrow, then add 8 guys to the practice squad and then gameplan for the Bungles on Sept. 12th.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Ron you exceded the allotment of questions that could be asked in a thread.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Exactly that..... to "game plan" and hopefully the defense won't look so lost. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

[QUOTE]Prey...
    That makes sense.  Prey on the Bangles.   Prey on the Jets.  Prey on the Buffalos. ...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Just what is the Patriot game plan going forward : still in middle schol  thanks for correcting my grammer and spelling  it really maters to me that I spell and right corectly on this board

If someone GAVE you half a brain, you would still only have one third of a brain total.  If you can't spell, you can't think.  Although, the spelling wasn't the first thing that tipped me off to that little fact.  You ask to be taken seriously, but you can't spell takein, or sirieosly.  Your spelling and poor grammar aren't small slip ups that we ALL sometimes make, they are systemic and indicate your lack of focus on learning something.  If you can't learn, why do you think anyone needs to hear what you have to say?  Go downtown and drool and talk to buses.  It's what all the other bottom feeders do.