Justin Francis

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Justin Francis

Just finished watching the Patriots vs Dolphins game again and I must say how impressive Francis was in this game.  Fast getting off the ball, getting to the QB several times, I like what he is showing.

I think the D is going to me great going into the playoffs.  Sounds like Nink will be okay and ready, Talib and Dennard should be healthy, Francis, Cunningham, Scott getting some 2nd team reps during the game.  I am excited!!  Probably more excited about this D then I have been in several years.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: Justin Francis

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Just finished watching the Patriots vs Dolphins game again and I must say how impressive Francis was in this game.  Fast getting off the ball, getting to the QB several times, I like what he is showing.

I think the D is going to me great going into the playoffs.  Sounds like Nink will be okay and ready, Talib and Dennard should be healthy, Francis, Cunningham, Scott getting some 2nd team reps during the game.  I am excited!!  Probably more excited about this D then I have been in several years.

[/QUOTE]

I've been saying this for sometime.  I'm actually and finally excited to see the D take the field now. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

The kid has a good motor.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Yes I am impressed with Justin Francis. Another undrafted gem uncovered! Ron "liar/plagariser" Borges condescendinly referred to Justin Francis as Jarvis Green redux in a recent column. Well if he is Jarvis Green 2.0 I would be very happy but I think the ceiling is higher with Francis!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I think I was the only guy on this site who called him making the 53 before the season started.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

He's 6'4 270. He's a prodotypical 43 DE and a Schiano player that's why he plays so well. He's perfect for BB's Nascar package as he's about the same size as Justin Tuck and Michael Strahan. 

MANNNNN!! I can't wait to see how BB plays these guys in the post-season! Last year, BB made magic with what he had. This post-season, he's got some talent back there. 

He DCed a little against Miami and look how well they played, whenever you see Belichick talking to the defense you, as a Pats fan, should be excited. BB is a genius and always gets the best out of his guys.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think I was the only guy on this site who called him making the 53 before the season started.

[/QUOTE]

Go back and check I called it too, actually I had him over Cunningham (which ended up being wrong) but you weren't the only one to get greif for making that call. I like the kid a lot. He's going to be a super sub/interior pass rusher for the upcoming future of the team

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Another undrafted player emerging as a diamond in the rough.  Thanks, BB.

Cannot wait to see this defense in the playoffs.  Obviously we have to get through the divisional round first but if we meet up with the Ponies in the AFC Championship game, I'm most looking forward to the schemes that Bill throws at Peyton.  It's going to be a chess match.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Jones, Wilfork, Cunningham, Francis on obvious passing downs? Poor man's Nascar package?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

BB is looking for certain qualities in players.  Among these qualities are a nonstop motor, agression is nice, skills, gorilla arms (good length) if possible, a good record when the guy is healthy, a guy that was ignored in the draft because he came from a small school,  a guy that was cut or undervalued because he wasn't healthy at the time, but he's healthy right now. 

The Patriots have the best (perhaps the only) independent scouting organization in the NFL.  They go down to small schools like Rutgers and find these guys. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I know they play different positions, but Francis has done more in very limited snaps than a guy like Ron Brace did over the course of 4 years.  Francis has a bit of the "it" factor going for him in that you see him on the field and you're like - whoa, who made that play?  Haven't seen enough of him to know what his strenghts are outside of rusing the passer and hustle.  He *looks* like he could be a pretty good player early on. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:
    [QUOTE]

BB is looking for certain qualities in players.  Among these qualities are a nonstop motor, agression is nice, skills, gorilla arms (good length) if possible, a good record when the guy is healthy, a guy that was ignored in the draft because he came from a small school,  a guy that was cut or undervalued because he wasn't healthy at the time, but he's healthy right now. 

The Patriots have the best (perhaps the only) independent scouting organization in the NFL.  They go down to small schools like Rutgers and find these guys. 

[/QUOTE]

Rutgers isn't a small school. It is the state school of New Jersey and has over 40,000 undergrad students.

They have a fair amount of NFL players, most notable probably Ray Rice, Anthony Davis (top 15 pick), Jason McCourty, and our very own Devin McCourty.

Also, Greg Schiano coached Rutgers and made them a fairly high profile division 1 football team.

Don't know where you got the impression that Rutgers is a small school

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well BB had great scouting at Rutgers, namely his son who was friends with Francis. Not to mention BB's obvious connection to Rutgers. Sometimes BB finds small school guys but in this case BB had enough inside info that I didn't think he saw him as a small school player. It's the big reason I thought he'd make the 53man squad from the first day he signed him. BB has to much respect for Rutgers players to bring a guy in unless he had a legit shot at sticking with the team

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Rutgers isn't a small school. It is the state school of New Jersey and has over 40,000 undergrad students.

They have a fair amount of NFL players, most notable probably Ray Rice, Anthony Davis (top 15 pick), Jason McCourty, and our very own Devin McCourty.

Also, Greg Schiano coached Rutgers and made them a fairly high profile division 1 football team.

Don't know where you got the impression that Rutgers is a small school

[/QUOTE]

It's not an instant recognizable name among the top end football college ranks. You could say the same for BC regarding OLmen (seriously for a long time they were an OL factory) but you would still have considered BC a small school in comparison to Ohio, UCLA, USC, Ala, ND, etc. However, they are a Div 1 school so I see your point

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Rutgers in 2014 will be "small" to "non existant" when they play in the Big 10 :)

SOrt of like BC in the ACC

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clay73. Show Clay73's posts

In response to 49Patriots's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He's 6'4 270. He's a prodotypical 43 DE and a Schiano player that's why he plays so well. He's perfect for BB's Nascar package as he's about the same size as Justin Tuck and Michael Strahan. 

MANNNNN!! I can't wait to see how BB plays these guys in the post-season! Last year, BB made magic with what he had. This post-season, he's got some talent back there. 

He DCed a little against Miami and look how well they played, whenever you see Belichick talking to the defense you, as a Pats fan, should be excited. BB is a genius and always gets the best out of his guys.  

[/QUOTE]

The more I see of this kid, the more I really like him.  He hasn't had that many reps but he certianly shows some serious upside potential.  All I hear and read is that the Staff loves this kid so I hope we see much more of him.

18. This post has been removed.