Justin Franis

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking12. Show harleyroadking12's posts

Justin Franis

Francis

does he have the potential to do something for the team?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Re: Justin Franis

Looks like a kid that they trust as a rotational/depth player at this point... interested to see how he develops with more burn.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I was just looking at the combine results and of the top six guys last year  in the 3 cone drill the Patriots got 3 of them (Jones, Francis, Bequette).  I wonder if that's something they think is important?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I'd like to see Francis in extended minutes at the right end spot in the four man front, he has bigger than outside linebacker size and plays with a chip on his shoulder.  Ninck should scoot back outside to linebacker and rush from that spot.

I'd like to see more three man fronts with Vince, Deaderick and Love, especially with this tough slate of games coming up.  We have to play playoff style football to beat the best teams in the league and a few of those games are coming up. Time to toughen up...

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'd like to see Francis in extended minutes at the right end spot in the four man front, he has bigger than outside linebacker size and plays with a chip on his shoulder.  Ninck should scoot back outside to linebacker and rush from that spot.

I'd like to see more three man fronts with Vince, Deaderick and Love, especially with this tough slate of games coming up.  We have to play playoff style football to beat the best teams in the league and a few of those games are coming up. Time to toughen up...

[/QUOTE]

That means you would take either Nink, Mayo, Spikes or Hightower off the field for Francis to get on the field. Maybe on 3rd and long sub package. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

I'd rather see Bequette get more reps.  If there is any chance of JB contributing this year it would be a good time to get started.

Coming out of the draft we heard a lot how Jones was "raw" and JB was probably ready to step in sooner.  It has been the complete opposite.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They mixed it up a bit more against Buffalo, I think, Wozzy.  I know they had a few sets with Wilfork at nose and Deaderick and Francis at ends, with Nnik standing up and playing more like an OLB.  With BB it's always sort of a hybrid defense, but they clearly were experimenting with lots of different combos.  The results were mixed, but that's what you expect when you're trying new things.  I'm sure they were testing different approaches they had worked on during they bye.  We'll see what they keep and perfect going forward, but I do expect some new wrinkles in coming games. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Rkarp I don't think they'll ask him to do much more than collapse a pocket and hold the edge, he is strong and fast to the QB, he can't be any worse on early downs and short downs than Ninck who's at a serious disadvantage at end, despite his playing above and beyond his size at times.

Prolate I'd like to see something similar to the London game result, rather than the last game's miscues, we certainly need some healthy players to come back strong for the playoffs but this defense gives me hope.  It would be one thing if the talent wasn't there, we need patience and the young players need to stop over thinking, know their assignments and do their job.

12. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts