Justin Green

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Justin Green

Pretty dead time in the NFL world right now, so I figured I would start a few threads regarding some under-the-radar guys on NE's roster who might have a chance to stick...at least on the Practice Squad.

I'll start with Justin Green.  He was undrafted last year, but spent a bulk of the season on NE's P.S.  He did see some game time last season, however, and held his own when he got an opportunity.  At 5'11" 195 lbs, he is well put together for a CB.  I thought he looked quick and decisive in his limited action (I think he played quite a bit in the regular season Denvet game, could be wrong...) and I think he has a chance to make the team as a reaerve DB/ ST player despite our stacked CB depth chart.  I'll be watching his progress this preseason to see if he can grab a spot away from Ebner, T. Wilson, etc.  I realize that those 2 are listed as Safetys and Green as a CB, but maybe Green could see a little time at Safety in camp.  Who knows?  Just an interesting " bubble player" who may have a shot.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

Re: Justin Green

Good post. I thought he looked comfortable and not overmatched. I will be annoyed if Ebner makes the team over someone like that.  You can  never have enough CBs in this say and age as we know.

I wouldn't mind Logan Ryan getting looks at S so we can carry the extra CB if we need it. Some team will clip Green quick if cut.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

I definitely liked what i saw out of Green in limited time. Not saying he'll be a stud but i think he can flash enough to warrant a spot on the roster.

"I don’t know. I think Tom is probably the best leader I’ve ever been around so I wouldn’t be too critical of him. " - BB

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Good post. I thought he looked comfortable and not overmatched. I will be annoyed if Ebner makes the team over someone like that.  You can  never have enough CBs in this say and age as we know.

I wouldn't mind Logan Ryan getting looks at S so we can carry the extra CB if we need it. Some team will clip Green quick if cut.

[/QUOTE]

Agree.  Good CBs are certainly at a premium in today's NFL.  From what little I have seen of both guys, I would say that Green clearly looks like the superior player to Ebner.  I also believe that Green would be quickly scooped up by another team if he were to be cut.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agree.  Good CBs are certainly at a premium in today's NFL.  From what little I have seen of both guys, I would say that Green clearly looks like the superior player to Ebner.  I also believe that Green would be quickly scooped up by another team if he were to be cut.  

[/QUOTE]
    Wazzu, there is a good shot you will be disappointed… BB places a tremendous value on special teams and whether you or I like it Ebner is a core contributor on all the special teams. In BB eyes he might consider Ebner as valuable as Slater when it comes to special teams.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

^ Great point on Ebner's ST contributions. I hadn't thought about that but BB certainly does.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Wazzu, there is a good shot you will be disappointed… BB places a tremendous value on special teams and whether you or I like it Ebner is a core contributor on all the special teams. In BB eyes he might consider Ebner as valuable as Slater when it comes to special teams.

[/QUOTE]

You may very well be correct.  Ebner does a good job on ST and I'm sure BB appreciates that.  How do we know that a guy like Green can't be as good on ST as Ebner, though?  If he can step in and prove to be a solid ST player, while at the same time providing valuable secondary depth, then maybe he becomes more likely to make the team than Ebner.  I'm just throwing that scenario out there.  No idea if that is what will truly transpire.  The point is that Green is an interesting guy to watch this summer.  They trusted him enough to trot him out there against Denver last year, and he performed really well.  That has to count for something.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You may very well be correct.  Ebner does a good job on ST and I'm sure BB appreciates that.  How do we know that a guy like Green can't be as good on ST as Ebner, though?  If he can step in and prove to be a solid ST player, while at the same time providing valuable secondary depth, then maybe he becomes more likely to make the team than Ebner.  I'm just throwing that scenario out there.  No idea if that is what will truly transpire.  The point is that Green is an interesting guy to watch this summer.  They trusted him enough to trot him out there against Denver last year, and he performed really well.  That has to count for something.  

[/QUOTE]
    No doubt… there is going to be some good competition for those final roster spots.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    No doubt… there is going to be some good competition for those final roster spots.

[/QUOTE]

Absolutely.  Training Camp/Preseason is going to be a lot of fun to follow.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Good comments, all.

Green looks like he can develop into decent back-up. Definitely prefer Green over Ebner and Wilson, ST aside.

My thought: can we really afford both Ebner and Slater, 2 guys that only play special teams? Also think ahead to possibly carrying 3 QB's.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Agree with the sentiment that this has been a great and informative discussion.

I think the few available positions on this team will be fought for like the marginal guys are a pack of hungry wolf hounds. Ebner will be very difficult to beat out. I agree with BB's view of him being on a plane with Slater. Both should be there on the 53 man squad.

Green has to make it as a combo CB/ST. T. Wilson better not unpack. He stays only if there are the typical injuries during pre-season. I also think Ryan gets a long look at S and that his flexibility will increase his value to this team. In fact, the only guys at CB who have no other potential playing spots in the D Backfield, aside from BB's "created special" D's,  are CB's Revis, Browner and Dennard.

Green could get a chance to stick in the time when Browner must sit out at the beginning of the season. This is when the hounds will go at each other. Only the strong and flexible will survive.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Keltkoa. Show Keltkoa's posts

We all know Slater is a lock and I think there is a good chance Ebner sticks.  BB values his special teams aces.  Remember Larry Izzo?  Don't believe he contributed much (if anything) at LB, but was a hell of a ST'r.  If Ebner is that good at ST's I'd say he sticks over a guy who would be backing up an already loaded position and is just ok on ST's.  Just saying Green might have to prove he can be an outstanding ST'r to stick over Ebner.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

We won't see Easley for a month.  We got a peek at Garoppolo and he has a quick release.  Many of the team's most injured players are back on the field and others are getting there.  Most of the regulars and the high draft choices will make the team.  Most of the free agent players won't make the team but a couple of them will stick. 

Now what?  It's dead enough for me to go on vacation until camp starts up.  Remember your sunblock and wear a hat!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We won't see Easley for a month.  We got a peek at Garoppolo and he has a quick release.  Many of the team's most injured players are back on the field and others are getting there.  Most of the regulars and the high draft choices will make the team.  Most of the free agent players won't make the team but a couple of them will stick. 

Now what?  It's dead enough for me to go on vacation until camp starts up.  Remember your sunblock and wear a hat!

[/QUOTE]

Amen bro!  Golf and boating season is in full swing!  Been a terrific Spring here in the NW.  Hope the summer can follow suit.  Enjoy!

Sections
Shortcuts