kaczur contract getting extended.good move?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

kaczur contract getting extended.good move?

I would rather see some other players getting extended.wilfork,Light ect.                                    http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2009/08/patriots _kaczur.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vladtheimpaler1. Show Vladtheimpaler1's posts

Re: kaczur contract getting extended.

solid depth,signing.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Re: kaczur contract getting extended.

i cant see anything wrong as for depth,but we need the best guys starting.for bradys sake.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nickelbean. Show nickelbean's posts

Re: kaczur contract getting extended.good move?or not?

good news.  he will move to RG next year when ancient Neal isnt retired and then Vollmer will be the starting RT

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fuzzy1. Show fuzzy1's posts

A solid piece of one of the top O lines in foosball... on a team with a record breaking passing offense.  I imagine they got him at a good price.  Wilfork will command franchise cornerstone type money... and hes also worth a ton to franchise and trade (first round draft pick).  Probably depends on whether or not Brace/Pryor grow into starters, I seem to remember that Wilfork went from backup to starting the Superbowl that last championship.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

he was our best offensive lineman last year. So yeah. It's good that he will continue to be with the team.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

In Response to kaczur contract getting extended.good move?or not?:
          I would rather see some other players getting extended.wilfork,Light ect.                                    http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2009/08/patriots _kaczur.html
    Posted by mosseffect43
    the nice thing is he can play both sides,and probably gaurd also.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=3305

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Re: kaczur contract getting extended.good move?

We should say good or bad after we see the money. If he is locked for cheap it is good.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

It's not even that I would prefer to see Wilfork and Mankins extended - it's the idea that they're giving Kaczur PRIORITY over Wilfork.  Interesting.  Maybe this sends a message to Vollmer that he's not the starting tackle yet...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from donspartucus. Show donspartucus's posts

Why even the comparison to Vollmer? Wasn't there better picks in the draft that the Pats passed over for Vollmer! Brady took a tremdous shot Thursday because Kaczur couldn't block his man. This OL is nothing but a bunch of low budget scrubs plain and simple!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

All depends on length and price for the extension, Kazur is 30

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejoshuatree28. Show thejoshuatree28's posts

In Response to Re: kaczur contract getting extended.good move?:
    It's not even that I would prefer to see Wilfork and Mankins extended - it's the idea that they're giving Kaczur PRIORITY over Wilfork.  Interesting.  Maybe this sends a message to Vollmer that he's not the starting tackle yet...
    Posted by NickC1188

I doubt their giving him priority, he just is easier to deal with.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjxg. Show mjxg's posts

Why even the comparison to Vollmer? Wasn't there better picks in the draft that the Pats passed over for Vollmer! Brady took a tremdous shot Thursday because Kaczur couldn't block his man. This OL is nothing but a bunch of low budget scrubs plain and simple!
    Posted by donspartucus

Actually Kaczur didn't block that guy because of a miscommunication with the play. I guess Brady changed the play at the line because of something he saw with the defense. Kaczur thought it was going to be a run, so in that play he would let the guy go just like he did. Unfortunately the play was not a run, so Brady got hit.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Kazcur's deal has nothing to do with Wilfork's deal.

Kaczur = Peanuts

Wilfork = Major Deal

This is probably like the Sanders deal, something that gives them felxibilty to use him as a backup later on, but ensures that they have a vet in place.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Are Light and Koppen up this season too?  With Seymour, Green and Ghost also up, they've got a lot of personnel to worry about besides big Vince.  Hope they know what they're doing.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

there are a lot of big names up next year.im curious to know once the 53 players are set,and the rest are cut.how much cap it will give the pats?if there is any kind of a raise,then maybe a deal,or deals get done.plus if there is no cap next season,two players can get tagged.other then that,just one.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

In Response to Re: kaczur contract getting extended.good move? : Actually Kaczur didn't block that guy because of a miscommunication with the play. I guess Brady changed the play at the line because of something he saw with the defense. Kaczur thought it was going to be a run, so in that play he would let the guy go just like he did. Unfortunately the play was not a run, so Brady got hit.
    Posted by mjxg

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view.bg?articleid=1193010&srvc=rss

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

The thing about Kazcur that I like is he has been a starter since he was drafted. I mean he started as a rookie and how many of our rookies can say that other then Mayo? Not many. Clearly the coaching staff likes him and see's somethign we dont or else he would have been replaced years ago. He is old for a guy who has only been in the league for 5 years so dont let the age 30 trick you this guy might be 30 but he probally plays like he is 27 or 28. I would rather see us lock up Kevin Faulk or Logan Mankins or Ghost or Light or Wilfork or Seymore hahah and i am sure theer are other but clearly the staff thinks he is importent to this team.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

By giving Kazcur an extension they probably will save money on a cap hit, which could free up $ for a Wilfork deal. Kazcur is a solid o-lineman with lots of work in the system. Its a great move and it takes nothing away from a Wilfork deal.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from patpscyho. Show patpscyho's posts

People don't understand that the difference between Kaczur and Wilfork is like day and night. Kaczur is restricted FA which means he will take a hit in the uncapped year, so he is eager to get a fair shake and just take what the Pats give him. Wilfork is an unrestricted FA (6 years) and there is no limit to what he can seek. He is far more of a gamble, especially with the uncapped year coming up fast.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

People don't understand that the difference between Kaczur and Wilfork is like day and night. Kaczur is restricted FA which means he will take a hit in the uncapped year, so he is eager to get a fair shake and just take what the Pats give him. Wilfork is an unrestricted FA (6 years) and there is no limit to what he can seek. He is far more of a gamble, especially with the uncapped year coming up fast.
    Posted by patpscyho
    this is true.kaczur got a money freindly contract.the only problem is,the pats are just over 3 million in cap space before the kaczur contract.cant see to much more happening with very little cap space.

http://patscap.com/

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Re: kaczur contract getting extended.good move? : this is true.kaczur got a money freindly contract.the only problem is,the pats are just over 3 million in cap space before the kaczur contract.cant see to much more happening with very little cap space. http://patscap.com/
    Posted by mosseffect43

Except that they have more money now. Kaczur wasn't working for free before this deal, so you don't subtract the $2mil from the cap. He came into this season with a base salary around $2.3 million, and that has been reduced to $2 million. By my count, they cleared salary. Maybe they actually reupped him to get ready for another small move?

At any rate, it has little bearing on what they are or are not doing with Wilfork.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Posted by patpscyho

They also don't know that next season each team has two franchise tages once they lose one player to FA. That means they only need to reach a deal with one of the big three before  next season.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

take a look at the post i put up on the 2010 cap.its not very encourageing.i do agree some contracts do free up some space,but how much is the question.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Next year a ton of players are likely to be cut. And that will free up millions.

I can think of three: Galloway, Springs, Taylor and possibly Stephen Neal. If they have young guys to take their place, that would clear millions as well.

Plus, that salary cap goes up every year, the next time the salary cap is in, it should go up significantly.

Sections
Shortcuts