Kaepernick has guts!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Re: Kaepernick has guts!

In response to TFB12's comment:

So the Ravens shut Kaepernick down in the run game but here is the beauty of the Pistol... He had over 300 yards passing and Gore had over 100 yards rushing.   I don't think the Ravens shut them down.  Thats pretty impressive if you ask me.  And here is another beautiful thing about the Pistol with Kaepernick running it, he is a dual threat and it doesn't take anything away from Gores game.  Gore averaged more rushing yards per game with Kaepernick running the offense then he did with Smith running it.

They did? Didn't he average 9 yards a carry and run one in for a TD? Sorry if you're being sarcastic, I just skimmed the thread and that caught my eye.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Yes what?

You said the Harbaugh's ego's were a problem resulting in one winning and one losing.  They can't be a problem if said egos beat all comers and were left only with themselves to determine who would be crowned. 

I don't think you think about what you write sometimes.

If I am a SF fan and I remember that my team hadn't sniffed a playoff game let alone a conference championship or superbowl appearance in nearly a decade, my irrational feelings might be tempered just a tad and I might appreciate the coach who has put my team their twice in the last two year.   

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

In response to UD6's comment:

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Smith was in last year's SB barring 2 fumbles by a rookie kick returner.  Who knows if Smith would have led them to a win, but the whole move was implying that Kaepernick would.  FAIL

Dude you need to quit with your Kaepernick hating.  Smith played like complete dogs hit in the NFC Championship game last year.  Even if they had won that game it wouldn't have been because of Smith.  Whether you like it or not they made it to the SB with Kaepernick (something you said wouldn't happen) and you are now trying to shift the goalposts because they didn't win.  You act like it was a given they would have even made the SB this year with Smith.  Last time I checked it's pretty dam hard to make it to a SB.  I do not understand why you have such a man crush on Alex Smith.

So did Eli Manning, who is now a QB that everyone calls "elite".   That was a low scoring defensive battle. 

So, why did Eli Manning play bad, but somehow only Smith did? That doesn't make any sense. Smith is in last year's SB and possibly beats us.

Smith was player of the week at least ONCE this year and I can tell ya right now, he wouldn't have lost that game vs the lowly Rams either.

And no, I didn't say he wouldn't lead them to the SB, I said if they don't win it all, it wouldn't have been worth making the change.  Good job by the 49ers to beat GB and the Seattle at home, but it's also a good thing a rookie kick returner didn't fumble twice on his own 20, too.

LMAO

PS Randy Moss also wasn't available to Smith last year like he was to Kapernick this year.

The fact is, the Harbaughs have massive egos. It worked for one, hurt the other.

This is an asinine statement.  It worked for one, hurt the other????????

How can you say such a thing?  Each one of them got as far as they could until one had to beat the other, and if that hadn't happened then the other would have beaten the one!

If you think their massive egos were some kind of catalyst, then it must have been the catalyst that propelled them to the Superbowl having beaten all comers leaving only themselves to figure out which ego was the correct one to earn the Lombardi. 

Asinine. 

Yes. Jim Harbaugh was annoyed his rookie QB wasted 2 timeouts in the second half and on top of that he foolishly gave his rookie QB autonomy to change plays to the point on the last drive, that autonomy backfired.

Not debatable. That was one of the worst set of playcalls/audibles/approach I've seen from 4 plays on the 5 yard line in NFL history.

Even if they ran it 4 diffrent times in 4 different formations, that probably would have worked.

Again, a punt return, a FG off a Rice fumble or a Kaepernick TD run isn't impressive.

SF lost, by the way.  Smith was leading them INTO THE SB LAST YEAR barring 2 fumbles on kick offs by the same guy, also a rookie.

If I am SF fan, I am incensed.

Except he didn't take them there. You can say Kaepernick mightve won if Culliver didn't play like Arrington. LaMichael James also lost the ball at the Bal 24. What happened happened, and what happened was that Kaerpernick took the 49ers further.

Also, don't forget the goal line stuff in '03. Stuff like this happens. Not like Kaepernick was the only QB to ever get stopped near the goalline. Better than what happened with Warner in the Super Bowl (100 yard INT reception)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Another thing I like about this kid. Just like Wilson, and young Brady, these guys are working non-stop.

Wilson= Right back to work

Kaepernick= Right back to work

Brady= Right Back to work

Sanchez = GQ photo shoot

Kaepernick is reportedly "steaming" about San Francisco's Super Bowl loss to Baltimore and has already made plans with teammates for a quick training turnaround. Led by Kaepernick, 49ers players will head to Atlanta for workouts. If there were any lingering questions about Kaepernick's "leadership skills" or work ethic, this is a pretty strong answer. On Tuesday, Kaepernick described his breakout 2012 season to reporters "as not being good enough."

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

So the Ravens shut Kaepernick down in the run game but here is the beauty of the Pistol... He had over 300 yards passing and Gore had over 100 yards rushing.   I don't think the Ravens shut them down.  Thats pretty impressive if you ask me.  And here is another beautiful thing about the Pistol with Kaepernick running it, he is a dual threat and it doesn't take anything away from Gores game.  Gore averaged more rushing yards per game with Kaepernick running the offense then he did with Smith running it.

And the story of the first half was??? Except for the TD run, the kid had 47 yds rushing, far below his average.  Gore? Had a run for 33, eliminate that and he's got 77 for the game. Yeah, I'd call that 'shutting it down". They played from behind all night. Besids, as I said earlier, you can't just run it 4 straight times inside the 10 on the Ravens. They are tough in there, just ask the Pats. They couldn't run it OR throw it for a TD, and that's with Tom Terrific at the helm. Turned it over on downs. I dpn't know what was more embarrassing... the turn over on downs or punting multiple times from inside their 40 yd line. Credit the Ravens for getting the job done.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

This type of "two different games" Super Bpwl proves he addage that every possession is important, and games can be won/lost in the first Qtr.

This season we've seen posters come on here and insist that the final score really dznt matter,a dn that opponents got meaningless stats in "garbage time". Can the same be said about the hole the Niners had to dig themselves out of after their 1st half performance? They were absolutely shut down. Going in at half time on the short end of a 21-6 score is NOT a good thing, nor indicative of outstanding offensive performance. Almost pulled it off, but ran out of magic.

BTW, the Niners had converted only 2 of 5 tripes into teh red zone into TD's, BEFORE that final possession. Seems to me that the running attack and the kid were pretty much shut down, being unable to pound it in.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to AZPAT's comment:

This type of "two different games" Super Bpwl proves he addage that every possession is important, and games can be won/lost in the first Qtr.

This season we've seen posters come on here and insist that the final score really dznt matter,a dn that opponents got meaningless stats in "garbage time". Can the same be said about the hole the Niners had to dig themselves out of after their 1st half performance? They were absolutely shut down. Going in at half time on the short end of a 21-6 score is NOT a good thing, nor indicative of outstanding offensive performance. Almost pulled it off, but ran out of magic.

BTW, the Niners had converted only 2 of 5 tripes into teh red zone into TD's, BEFORE that final possession. Seems to me that the running attack and the kid were pretty much shut down, being unable to pound it in.

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.  Don't tell Babe that.  Otherwise he might be forced to accept the fact that Brady's safety last year had an effect on the outcome of that game. 

Babe hasn't been able to admit that Brady, as good as he is, isn't perfect and can be responsible for the losses just as much as he is for the wins.  He's a delicate soul, and such a realization might be catastrophic for him. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

Another thing I like about this kid. Just like Wilson, and young Brady, these guys are working non-stop.

Sanchez = GQ photo shoot

Kaepernick is reportedly "steaming" about San Francisco's Super Bowl loss to Baltimore and has already made plans with teammates for a quick training turnaround. Led by Kaepernick, 49ers players will head to Atlanta for workouts. If there were any lingering questions about Kaepernick's "leadership skills" or work ethic, this is a pretty strong answer. On Tuesday, Kaepernick described his breakout 2012 season to reporters "as not being good enough."

Brady is back to work?  Proof?

This was in reference to young QBs and their drive to improve. Hense, why I mentioned young brady.

As for now, I don't know what he's doing. But Hernandez is renting out a place in LA to join him, and I doubt it's to grab lunch

Since you're so keen on proof, howabout you prove statements you make like this:

can tell ya right now, he wouldn't have lost that game vs the lowly Rams either.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

As for now, I don't know what he's doing. But Hernandez is renting out a place in LA to join him, and I doubt it's to grab lunch

http://nesn.com/2013/02/aaron-hernandez-moving-to-california-in-offseason-to-work-out-with-tom-brady-trainer-alex-guerrero/

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

And the story of the first half was??? Except for the TD run, the kid had 47 yds rushing, far below his average.  Gore? Had a run for 33, eliminate that and he's got 77 for the game. Yeah, I'd call that 'shutting it down". They played from behind all night. Besids, as I said earlier, you can't just run it 4 straight times inside the 10 on the Ravens. They are tough in there, just ask the Pats. They couldn't run it OR throw it for a TD, and that's with Tom Terrific at the helm. Turned it over on downs. I dpn't know what was more embarrassing... the turn over on downs or punting multiple times from inside their 40 yd line. Credit the Ravens for getting the job done.

It's always funny when someone says eleminate a play and their stats go down.  Duh!  But whats really funny is the point is to get yards, the play worked and you want to take it away and say it shouldn't count because it was successful?  Makes no sense.  Isn't that why they run the play... to get yards.  He had a good run, shouldn't the offense get credit for that?  It's like saying on one rushing play he got two yards but it should have been 40, maybe we should add that on to his stats. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Sanchez = GQ photo shoot

see how "cocky and arrogant" he is rusty?

what a maroon!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Did the win the SB with Kaepernick? I don't think so. In fact, he choked.

Smith was in last year's SB barring 2 fumbles by a rookie kick returner.  Who knows if Smith would have led them to a win, but the whole move was implying that Kaepernick would.  FAIL"

Umm - no. 

The gamble was would Kap get the team further than Smith did last year. He did. 

You say "Smith was in last year's SB barring 2 fumbles by a rookie kick returner." Fine. If the ref kicks Williams out for shoving him in the first half (a mandatory explusion), the niners more than likely win the game. So if you're giving Smith the NFC championship game I'm giving Kappy the Super Bowl. 

We'll never know if it was the right decision for this year or not, but it certainly can't be called a failure. In fact it was Coach Jim who may have cost the team the game by not reigning Kappy in, some of that is on Jim. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

It's always funny when someone says eleminate a play and their stats go down.  Duh!  But whats really funny is the point is to get yards, the play worked and you want to take it away and say it shouldn't count because it was successful?  Makes no sense.  Isn't that why they run the play... to get yards.  He had a good run, shouldn't the offense get credit for that?  It's like saying on one rushing play he got two yards but it should have been 40, maybe we should add that on to his stats. 

Yards are what they are, just as the final game score is. can't pretend neither happened. But, no rational person can objectively say that the Niners rushing game was on top of its game in teh first half, being down 21-6. They dug themselves a hole they weren't able to get out oif. Losing 21-6 indicates to me that they were shut down.... two FG's. Can't look at it any other way. There is no extra credit or demerits for yards gained above or below average. The final score is a usual indoicator of what happened in the game, with exceptions noted for multiple turn overs turned into TD's, or exceptional return yardage setting up short fields for the offense to work in. But, these too can be tempered by what they actually did with the ball after the TO's or short fields.

The Niners were shut down in the first half, plain and simple. THAT'S where they lost the game.  IMO, that Non Call at the end comes into play ONLY if the entie game is a back and forth proposition. They had ample opportunity to not have that play make any difrerence, and didn't get the job done. THAT'S my contention. They weren't running wild all game. No one watching the game would ever say they were. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Exactly. For all intents and purposes they couldn't get it going enough to open up the playbook off the Pistol reads.

Good thing the power went out because it was probably going to be more like a 42-13 type of thing.

Well apparently the Patriots offense doesn't work either since the Ravens held the Patriots scoreless in the  2nd half. 

As for the Pistol, wow, it apparently worked in the 2nd half as the 49'ers almost came back to beat them.  Had the 49'ers special teams held up Kaepernick would probably be the MVP.

See how foolish your arguments are, you get owned on every comment you make.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Exactly. For all intents and purposes they couldn't get it going enough to open up the playbook off the Pistol reads.

Good thing the power went out because it was probably going to be more like a 42-13 type of thing.

Well apparently the Patriots offense doesn't work either since the Ravens held the Patriots scoreless in the  2nd half. 

As for the Pistol, wow, it apparently worked in the 2nd half as the 49'ers almost came back to beat them.  Had the 49'ers special teams held up Kaepernick would probably be the MVP.

See how foolish your arguments are, you get owned on every comment you make.

BOARD 43  rusty 0