Kaepernick hype

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Kaepernick hype

First, I need to admit that I was mistaken when I said Kaepernick makes the 49ers more dangerous. And maybe he will make them more dangerous, but thus far, he has not.

Most of his hype has stemmed from that MNF game. And I think a lot of that was a lack of preparation from Lovie (automatically assumed the 49ers were just going to run run run)

Kaepernick has thrown 1 TD the last 3 games. One!!! And one of those games was against the porous Saints.

His running as dangerous as I thought either. As long as defenders stay on their assignments, he won't do much running. Take away 2 large 50 yard runs in his last two games, and he actually doesn't run much.

Against the Saints, the defense scored 14 points. Against the Dolphins, the special teams recovered a fumble at the 9 yard line. Other than that, 20 points is hard to come by from this SF offense.

He hasn't thrown for under 250 yards either.

Of course, his first really big game can come at any time, perhaps this sunday night. But his stats have been less impressive than I thought.

Ball control is a MUST in this game. Outside of maybe V. Davis (who hasn't done much), the Pats big defense is built to combat an offense like the 49ers. As long as the Pats don't turn it over and give them points or great field position, that offense should struggle to move the ball down field

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Re: Kaepernick hype

Bears D had no clue who the kid was. At the time all I could recall was that he had good 40 time for a QB at the combine. If he plays the read option like Tebow BB will crush.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In other words. That offense sucks.

That defense is really good and masks the problems on offense the way our offense masked our defense last season.

I probably just jinxed it though

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

I think he will be overwhelmed. Would not be surprised to see him pulled for Smith. Pats have stopped good running QBs before; Vick, Vince Young, etc., and shut down speed backs like Chris Johnson. CK will have to get it done in the air, and SF will have to run around the edges.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'll be honest:  I have no idea what the big deal is with him and rg3.  They have promise and are athletic, but I would be freaked to the gills if  bb went in that direction if this club didn't have brady.

I think sf and washington will be severely disappointed longterm

[/QUOTE]

RG3 is the real deal. He isn't afraid to throw it deep and is pretty accurate. He also comes off as a strong team leader and intelligent QB. That's the biggest thing for me. He isn't a baby like Cam Newton, and he doesn't come off as a guy who doesn't know whats going on (Tannehill)

My only reservations with RG3 is that he runs way too much and leaves himself open to injury. He has a chance to be something special. Look at how much better the skins are than they were last season. Already 60 more points in just 13 games, and playing with a worse defense (lost Orakpo and Carriker). He needs to model his game more like Rodgers, and run only when necessary.

That's why I love the fact that Brady is super slow and a pure pocket passer. Historically, these immobile QBs stay upright better than mobile QBs. Yeah, they're less dynamic, but they don't cost their teams by missing games

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Fifty points. That's what he and the SF offense have produced over the last three games. Less than 17 per. Not exactly lighting it up

Smiles too damn much too

Pats made a statement Monday night. Theyre gonna make an even bigger one on Sunday

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I am a Smith fan. I had him in the 12-14 range of all NFL qb's. But he does not have the arm strength to play the type of down field passing game Harbaugh wants to run.

The Pats may be able to solve Kaepernick, and Smith may come in relief at some point. But there is no denying CK arm strength and foot work is superior. If he can master Harbuaghs offense, the 49'ers have a very good QB, and a trade chip in SMith (Jets?)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

The reason I do not like Kaepernick or the 49ers right now, is that it is there fault we got stuck with Ras-I Dowling! Remember the morning of day 2 of the 2011 draft? Rumors had the 49ers in discussion with the Pats to trade their 36 pick to New England for 33 +. The 49ers were jonesing for Kaepernick and didnt want to take a chance that Cincinatti (who needed a QB) would take Kaepernick. Ultimately the 49ers wouldnt pay the Pats price and gambled that they would still get Kaepernick.  The Bengals took Dalton, and the 49ers won there gamble! We lost thus far by just taking Ras-IR.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

Kaepernick, Smith, they could have the Lord Almighty himself under center and it wouldn't matter; the Niners are going to get shellacked.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

He's like Big Ben without the arm or experience. Someday he'll have both but for right now I see BB treating him like Tebow last year. Keep him in the pocket and let him try to beat you throwing the ball. I don't think Kaepernick has the ability to read pro style D's yet and I actually think he gets uncomfortable in the pocket. I'd make him step up all day and watch his passes sail over his WR's heads since he's use to throwing on the run

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

In response to patsfaninpa420's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Kaepernick, Smith, they could have the Lord Almighty himself under center and it wouldn't matter; the Niners are going to get shellacked.

[/QUOTE]

Oh, you mean Tebow!

Kaeperkick is following in Tim Tebow's footsteps.  A near-rookie shows up one day.  He runs all of his old college running plays and they work fine, because nobody in the NFL has seen those plays.  NFL defensive coordinators get paid to win, so they start studying the videotape.  One year later, every NFL team has its own wrinkle on how to stop those quarterback running plays, and Tebow is all done Tebowing in the endzone.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Oh, you mean Tebow!

Kaeperkick is following in Tim Tebow's footsteps.  A near-rookie shows up one day.  He runs all of his old college running plays and they work fine, because nobody in the NFL has seen those plays.  NFL defensive coordinators get paid to win, so they start studying the videotape.  One year later, every NFL team has its own wrinkle on how to stop those quarterback running plays, and Tebow is all done Tebowing in the endzone.

[/QUOTE]

I think the comp of CK to Tebow is incorrect. Ck has Rodgers type ability. Will he realize that ability? Time will tell, but he has the right coach.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

If I recall, the Cardinals with NO QB, even in week 2, had a "non-impressive" offense too. We all know what happened there, right?

Don't underestimate Collin K or the Niners. Go back to the 2001 season whrn Bledsoe got hurt..... Who is this QB for the Pats, he of the lowest combine/athletic rating of ANY participant?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Why this "hate" toward 49ers. I live in SF Bay area and there is no boasting about meeting and beating the Pats.

As it is said"defense wins championships". Were it not for 2 bonehead fumbles by the same receiver vs Giants last year, these 2 teams would have met in the SB. The 49ers are not the rival enemy here. If they had won the SB, I'm sure the Pats wouldn't have felt so bad as NY beating them again after they ruined a 16-0 season 2 years ago. SF fans don't like the Giants either beating them again soundly this year. I hope NY doesn't even get in the playoffs as they say anything can happen in the playoffs and they went on to win coming in at 9-7.

49ers losing to the lowly Rams & tieing them and were only 6-3 up on Miami when a gift fumble recovery gave them a TD within the 10 yd line and at home too shows they are dominating no one on offense. I personally don't think they are as strong or have the momentum as last year until NY stopped them. Alex Smith did not lose the NY playoff game & played well this year. I'm not in love with Colin. Niners will try and play keep the ball away from Pats & Brady & slow game down. Even with a good pass defense, Brady will find an open receiver. Pats must run well too to keep pressure off pass rush.

It has been said by others above:

1. Protect Brady

2. Avoid Turnovers.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

I haven't seen a lot of haterd on this thread.  There is some doubt in Kapernick, but that would be with any rooky including RGIII and Luck.  The shellacked remarke was more fact than hate.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Why does everyone refer to him as a rookie?  He was drafted in 2011

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

"Smiles too damn much too"

HAHAHA

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rbetourne. Show rbetourne's posts

We don't need to get too cocky.  This is the best all-around defense we will face this year.  I think the Texans were exposed for who they really were--overrated.   They should have lost to the jags and the lions--peaked too early.  The 49ers are dangerous--but obviously can be beat (just watch their tape vs. Rams).  I think the Pats go zone and must contain CK in the pocket.  This will be a huge statement game----we have beat the top 2 defenses in a row---WITHOUT our best red zone offensive threat even playing (Gronk).  Our D needs to step up again--if they hold them under 20  we win by at least 10.   

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Why this "hate" toward 49ers. I live in SF Bay area and there is no boasting about meeting and beating the Pats.

As it is said"defense wins championships". Were it not for 2 bonehead fumbles by the same receiver vs Giants last year, these 2 teams would have met in the SB. The 49ers are not the rival enemy here. If they had won the SB, I'm sure the Pats wouldn't have felt so bad as NY beating them again after they ruined a 16-0 season 2 years ago. SF fans don't like the Giants either beating them again soundly this year. I hope NY doesn't even get in the playoffs as they say anything can happen in the playoffs and they went on to win coming in at 9-7.

49ers losing to the lowly Rams & tieing them and were only 6-3 up on Miami when a gift fumble recovery gave them a TD within the 10 yd line and at home too shows they are dominating no one on offense. I personally don't think they are as strong or have the momentum as last year until NY stopped them. Alex Smith did not lose the NY playoff game & played well this year. I'm not in love with Colin. Niners will try and play keep the ball away from Pats & Brady & slow game down. Even with a good pass defense, Brady will find an open receiver. Pats must run well too to keep pressure off pass rush.

It has been said by others above:

1. Protect Brady

2. Avoid Turnovers.

[/QUOTE]

Not Hate, no one here is putting the 49rs into the same bin as the Giant, Jets, Ravens,Chargers which are among the ones many don't like here.

As far as respect there is actually more respect for the 49rs than I have seen for any other team this year on this board...truly.

This is as humble as it gets when 'our' team is going on all cyclinders..but believe me there is a lot of respect for the 49rs among NE fans, especially that defense.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He's like Big Ben without the arm or experience. Someday he'll have both but for right now I see BB treating him like Tebow last year. Keep him in the pocket and let him try to beat you throwing the ball. I don't think Kaepernick has the ability to read pro style D's yet and I actually think he gets uncomfortable in the pocket. I'd make him step up all day and watch his passes sail over his WR's heads since he's use to throwing on the run

[/QUOTE]

PatsEng,

I think we will see something likeyou say. BB will keep him in the pocket and collapse it slowly as opposed to flushing him out with 'pursuit'. From what I have seen chasing a QB like CK around creates more big plays for the offense than anything else. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

He is a running threat. That's about it. They had that threat with Alex Smith too. They can run the ball, but as a whole they are mediorce on offense.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think the comp of CK to Tebow is incorrect. Ck has Rodgers type ability. Will he realize that ability? Time will tell, but he has the right coach.

[/QUOTE]

Rodgers who? Certainly not Aaron?  Aaron Rodgers is the best passer in the NFL.  Kaepernick is a guy who can run and has a good arm but hasn't proven anything as a passer. He's thrown 3 TD passes in his career.  And nothing he's done either at Nevada or in SF would indicate he will be as good as Rodgers as a passer.

He's a poor man's Cam Newton.

Sections
Shortcuts