kameron Wimbley?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

Re: kameron Wimbley?

In Response to Re: kameron Wimbley?:
    [QUOTE]We need to go all-in for Wimbley.  PERIOD.  He would change everything.  We could play more 34 sets with Wimbley, Spikes, Mayo and Ninko.  To make cap space, we cut the following: Name Position Cap Dead Cap Sav Barrett, Josh S $1,133,120 $125,000 $1,008,120 Ochocinco, Chad WR $4,683,333 $3,166,667 $1,516,666 Restruct Thomas, Donald OL $665,000 $0 $750,000 Underwood, Tiquan WR $615,000 $0 $615,000 Brace, Ron DE $1,345,120 $560,000 $785,120 $4,674,906   We already have about $4.5MM of cap space left and the above gives us $9MM.  We can pay him about Wilfork/Mayo money.  We can still get Lloyd and Landry if we do something with Welker, Light and Waters.
    Posted by Faucetman[/QUOTE]
    Come on man. Do I really have to explain why cutting 5 to sign 1 won't work?...... Okay, if I have to. The problem you've created is by cutting Underwood, Thomas & Brace. You've cut three players with low cap numbers. And now you now have to replace 4 players total. How do you plan on doing that? You've used all your cap space. You have to find four players that will count zero against the cap. Good luck with that.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]Wimbley is a weakside OLB with 63 tackles, 7 sacks, 21½ quarterback knockdowns, 9½ hurries and an INT last year.  At 6-4, 255 and just 28, Wimbley would be perfect for us.  If we got him, we'd have a defense again.

yes i agree, been posting same here and elsewhere. still fs higher upgrade (better than gregory) would have been nice.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: kameron Wimbley? : Come on man. Do I really have to explain why cutting 5 to sign 1 won't work?...... Okay, if I have to. The problem you've created is by cutting Underwood, Thomas & Brace. You've cut three players with low cap numbers. And now you now have to replace 4 players total. How do you plan on doing that? You've used all your cap space. You have to find four players that will count zero against the cap. Good luck with that.
    Posted by tartarus12[/QUOTE]

every day cap experts in the media say there is virtually always a way to make room with the cap.  and these come up regarding actually big contracts for teams with little cap room.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: kameron Wimbley? : Come on man. Do I really have to explain why cutting 5 to sign 1 won't work?...... Okay, if I have to. The problem you've created is by cutting Underwood, Thomas & Brace. You've cut three players with low cap numbers. And now you now have to replace 4 players total. How do you plan on doing that? You've used all your cap space. You have to find four players that will count zero against the cap. Good luck with that.
    These guys are likely going to get cut once we start signing draft picks anyway.  We have until the draft to get Welker extended (assuming we don't trade him), and either rework or cut Light.  That's all we need to do to get the picks signed.

If we can ge Wimbley for like $6MM, all the better.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: kameron Wimbley? : every day cap experts in the media say there is virtually always a way to make room with the cap.  and these come up regarding actually big contracts for teams with little cap room.
    Posted by bredbru[/QUOTE]
    If what you say is true, then why is Wimbley available?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: kameron Wimbley? : These guys are likely going to get cut once we start signing draft picks anyway.  We have until the draft to get Welker extended (assuming we don't trade him), and either rework or cut Light.  That's all we need to do to get the picks signed. If we can ge Wimbley for like $6MM, all the better.
    I guess you want to eliminate roster depth in exchange for a top heavy roster. I will now direct you to the Indianapolis Colts. That is what you are suggesting. Enjoy your new team.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: kameron Wimbley? : yes i agree, been posting same here and elsewhere. still fs higher upgrade (better than gregory) would have been nice.
    Posted by bredbru[/QUOTE]
    Landry, Lloyd, and Wimbley.  That would be a nice haul before the draft.  Then we can literally go in any direction including trading 31 into next year to a bad team with a little kicker back this year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

BB should pick this guy up ASAP.

BTW, he's from Kansas, Wichita as a matter of fact, right up the road about 5 miles.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

Thank goodness BB and his staff are the ones running the Patriots....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Wimbley is the real deal. If Florida State recruited him out of Kansas to play for them then he's solid.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

wow i am surprised he has lasted this long on the market! I haven't even heard anyone bringing him in for a workout!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

Wimbley hasn't been on the free gent market a couple of days(when he was waived this week for cap purposes)so the market for him hasn't had time to be sorted out completely.I concur that he is a wonderful fit at the weak outside linebacker position for N.E.and the Patiots,to my way of thinking,should absolutely talk to him.But after seeing what John Abraham,an aging and in decline DE/OLB got from Atlanta(and a lot of surpring and even shockingly excessive contracts have been handed out and this is one of them)he may simply be too expensive for too many years for B.B.I would be disappointed if they didn't at least meet with him but then again I suppose nothing B.B. does should surprise me anymore.One sure thing I beleieve will happen is that either Anderson or Carter will be brought back,with an outside chance of both returning,at least I hope so.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: kameron Wimbley? : Landry, Lloyd, and Wimbley.  That would be a nice haul before the draft.  Then we can literally go in any direction including trading 31 into next year to a bad team with a little kicker back this year.

we're on the same page, which is typical faucet.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: kameron Wimbley? : I guess you want to eliminate roster depth in exchange for a top heavy roster. I will now direct you to the Indianapolis Colts. That is what you are suggesting. Enjoy your new team.

We already are the Colts....we've got a high flying offense that peeters out against stouter defenses, looks like world beaters in the regular season, puts the weight of the team on its star qb, and a defense that rarely gets off the field when it really needs to.   We became the Colts a long while ago...I'm sorry to say.

I am with faucet, go get the guy so we not yet again complaining about no pass rushers and failed draft picks at the OLB position.  I liked when they went after the specific need with Adalius Thomas...but unfortunately it didnt work out after that first year.  I'm happy though they tried getting someone via FA.  God knows they can't draft the position....it's like the Red Sox and the SS position.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: kameron Wimbley? : We already are the Colts....we've got a high flying offense that peeters out against stouter defenses, looks like world beaters in the regular season, puts the weight of the team on its star qb, and a defense that rarely gets off the field when it really needs to.   We became the Colts a long while ago...I'm sorry to say. I am with faucet, go get the guy so we not yet again complaining about no pass rushers and failed draft picks at the OLB position.  I liked when they went after the needwith Adalius Thomas...but it didnt work out after that first year.  I'm happy they tried.
    Posted by Ytsejamer1[/QUOTE]

wimbley is not thomas. question will bedoes he want to be a patriot or the most $

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Kamerion Wimbley close to agreeing on 5year, $35M deal with Titans. Canceling his other visits. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

Yup he signed with the Titans.  They missed out on Mario Williams and Manning.  They had to sign someone.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]Jason La Canfora   ‏   @ JasonLaCanfora   Reply     Retweet     Favorite   ·   Open Kamerion Wimbley close to agreeing on 5year, $35M deal with Titans. Canceling his other visits.  # freeagency
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

we should have done that 7 mil per
    yrs dont matter when not guaraNTEED
    dont know why bb didnt like him
    we dont risk to get olb high, and when we do try, we miss

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

The Titans overpaid. Desperate money always loses.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

5/35 sounds about right

less than we paid for Adalius Thomas

I was hoping we'd get him for 4/20, but it would have taken light/welker deals getting restructured

too late now i guess

Trevor Scott could really surprise people, but I think we gotta keep Mark Anderson now

Has Erin Henderson signed anywhere yet?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]5/35 sounds about right less than we paid for Adalius Thomas I was hoping we'd get him for 4/20, but it would have taken light/welker deals getting restructured too late now i guess Trevor Scott could really surprise people, but I think we gotta keep Mark Anderson now Has Erin Henderson signed anywhere yet?
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

HOW DO WE KEEP ANDERSON? HES VIisiting like 7 teams

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Well he hasn't put his name on the dotted line yet:-)