kameron Wimbley?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

kameron Wimbley?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7697820/oakland-raiders-cut-kamerion-wimbley-7-sacks-2011

ALAMEDA, Calif. -- The Oakland Raiders have told linebacker Kamerion Wimbley they will release him one year into a $48 million, five-year deal. 

Agent Joe Linta said in an email Friday that he was unable to work out a new contract with general manager Reggie McKenzie so the Raiders decided to cut Wimbley instead.

Oakland gave Wimbley the big contract last summer.

He was paid $5 million in 2011 and is still guaranteed an additional $6.5 million from the Raiders. The team would have been on the hook for $4.5 million more in 2012 if Wimbley was on the roster Saturday, as well as an additional $13 million in guaranteed money for the rest of the deal.

Wimbley had seven sacks, 21.5 quarterback knockdowns and 9.5 hurries last season, according to STATS LLC.

we might be able to get him to sign a 1 year cheap deal due to the 6.5mil the raiders will pay him this season.  could really help our inside pass rush! i say offer him a 3 million dollar deal for one year with the option for next year at 6 million

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: kameron Wimbley?

In Response to kameron Wimbley?:
    [QUOTE]http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7697820/oakland-raiders-cut-kamerion-wimbley-7-sacks-2011 ALAMEDA, Calif. -- The Oakland Raiders have told linebacker Kamerion Wimbley they will release him one year into a $48 million, five-year deal.  Agent Joe Linta said in an email Friday that he was unable to work out a new contract with general manager Reggie McKenzie so the Raiders decided to cut Wimbley instead. Oakland gave Wimbley the big contract last summer. He was paid $5 million in 2011 and is still guaranteed an additional $6.5 million from the Raiders. The team would have been on the hook for $4.5 million more in 2012 if Wimbley was on the roster Saturday, as well as an additional $13 million in guaranteed money for the rest of the deal. Wimbley had seven sacks, 21.5 quarterback knockdowns and 9.5 hurries last season, according to STATS LLC.   we might be able to get him to sign a 1 year cheap deal due to the 6.5mil the raiders will pay him this season.  could really help our inside pass rush! i say offer him a 3 million dollar deal for one year with the option for next year at 6 million
    Posted by natesubs[/QUOTE]

i dont know about the 3 mil. need to offer more than that id think.
    but id been wondering about the possibility of him as a pat. thanks for the data. you dont hear anything about us bringing him in, so doesn't sound like bb has him on the radar. problem is we act quickly on guys no one wants and take too much time to act on guys others may want. even if we lowball, i say have a guy in first., give them a chance top turn down more $ to be a patriot.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I think I'd take this guy over Anderson, at least he won't get blown off the ball in the running game as easy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I love when people say 'I think we can get ________ cheap and for 1 year' c'mon

He is an Anderson type player and I think the market for either is 3-4 years 12-20 million...

I do hope we end up with 1 of the 2

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

[QUOTE]http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7697820/oakland-raiders-cut-kamerion-wimbley-7-sacks-2011 ALAMEDA, Calif. -- The Oakland Raiders have told linebacker Kamerion Wimbley they will release him one year into a $48 million, five-year deal.  Agent Joe Linta said in an email Friday that he was unable to work out a new contract with general manager Reggie McKenzie so the Raiders decided to cut Wimbley instead. Oakland gave Wimbley the big contract last summer. He was paid $5 million in 2011 and is still guaranteed an additional $6.5 million from the Raiders. The team would have been on the hook for $4.5 million more in 2012 if Wimbley was on the roster Saturday, as well as an additional $13 million in guaranteed money for the rest of the deal. Wimbley had seven sacks, 21.5 quarterback knockdowns and 9.5 hurries last season, according to STATS LLC.   we might be able to get him to sign a 1 year cheap deal due to the 6.5mil the raiders will pay him this season.  could really help our inside pass rush! i say offer him a 3 million dollar deal for one year with the option for next year at 6 million
    If you were an NFL player would you ever say to yourself "I'm going to take a below market deal because the team that just released me owes me a bunch of money"? You have to put yourself in the place of the player not as a fan. The money the Raiders are paying Wimbley is irrelevant. If the Pats want him they have to offer him a competitive deal.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

In Response to Re: kameron Wimbley?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to kameron Wimbley? : If you were an NFL player would you ever say to yourself "I'm going to take a below market deal because the team that just released me owes me a bunch of money"? You have to put yourself in the place of the player not as a fan. The money the Raiders are paying Wimbley is irrelevant. If the Pats want him they have to offer him a competitive deal.
    Posted by tartarus12[/QUOTE]

he would be playing for a ring and a chance to show of his skills for a mega contract the following year. He would still get all his money just finally get to play for a team with a shot at the Lombardi

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]I love when people say 'I think we can get ________ cheap and for 1 year' c'mon He is an Anderson type player and I think the market for either is 3-4 years 12-20 million... I do hope we end up with 1 of the 2
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

hes worth it, and less a risk than the players we will get in the draft.
    i'd say he should be the top fa target at this moment.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

So he is better than Anderson?

They are the same age.

Based on the last few years Wimbley is more of a lock to get 6-9 sacks and play a complete season, prob be on the field for more snaps

But Anderson was developing into a nice hybrid player at the end of the season who got 2.5 sacks in the postseason and his 10 sacks were more than Wimbley had since his rookie year.

Tough call

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Just a hypothetical...If this guy is making 6.5 million for free this year (like ocho last year)...if we payed him 5-6 million for just a season, do you think he'd bite? He'd be playing for something and you got to think the spotlight could essentially open up even more for him...for christ's sake we paid Ellis 4 million last year!! What's 6 million on this guy?

Either that or he cashes in on a 5 year 50 million dollar deal from someone and keeps the extra 6 million for pocket change/stripper money.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I think it would be silly for NE to not at least try and go after Wimbly. He is a proven pass rushing commodity with time in two different 34 setups and two different 43 setups, one of which was Crennel's. 

He is just coming into his prime as well. 

This is exactly the kind of player who could be a difference maker at a good value. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]So he is better than Anderson? They are the same age. Based on the last few years Wimbley is more of a lock to get 6-9 sacks and play a complete season, prob be on the field for more snaps But Anderson was developing into a nice hybrid player at the end of the season who got 2.5 sacks in the postseason and his 10 sacks were more than Wimbley had since his rookie year. Tough call

Shoot. I would get both. 

Neither a true bank breaking players, but would pair off into a hellacious pass rush. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: kameron Wimbley? : Shoot. I would get both.  Neither a true bank breaking players, but would pair off into a hellacious pass rush. 
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

both would be nice. but id take wimbley easily over anderson.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Yes it would be nice to have Wimbley and Anderson together as 3-4 OLB's. Cunningham and Nink can be backups that keep their snaps down. Mayo/Spikes inside. But for now we don't have many DE's for that scheme. Wilfork is a natural NT bt I wouldn't say Deaderick, Brace, Love and Marcus Harrison are dominant 3-4 DE's, that is why is hurt to lose out on Bryant. Hoping one of the two 1st rd picks is a dominant 3-4 DE.

We'd be in much better shape if we went to a 4-3 tho, esp if we kept Carter. Nink would be the OLB with Mayo when we switch to a 3-4 and Spikes plays the Will. Or we can draft a quicker guy than Spikes, maybe at the end of rd 2, and either play him in the middle or kick Mayo inside to be a CFer type and get a better rush OLB to pair with Nink. Deaderick, Anderson, Fanene and hopefully Carter are all good options at DE. Wilfork as one DT and then the collection of Love/Harrison/Brace looks better.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from will71. Show will71's posts

actually he would be cheap because oakland is still on the hook for 4.5 million of his 6 million contract so you could sign him to a  3-4 million dollar deal and oakland would be paying him to play for a sb contender lol, this guy brings it and could possibly put up some serious #'s under B.B 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

If you work a job and they let you go and give you a severance package, your not going to work for $10 an hour because you still have income from your last job. Your going to get paid more then what you used to make.
    This pursuit of a ring and playing for a winner speak just isn't real. These guys have a small window to make a lot of money and I'm sure they realize their body is going to be junk when their done. Its all about feeding your family.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to kameron Wimbley? : I think it would be silly for NE to not at least try and go after Wimbly. He is a proven pass rushing commodity with time in two different 34 setups and two different 43 setups, one of which was Crennel's.  He is just coming into his prime as well.  This is exactly the kind of player who could be a difference maker at a good value. 
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

He'd be a great fit here but it wouldn't surprise me if Wimbly signs with the Chiefs since Crennel is now the head coach.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

The Chief's have two starters at OLB in all-pro Tambi Hali and very good rookie Justin Houston

Gotta think that if the money is even close to being the same that Wimbley would come in here assuming he's expected to replace Anderson and his 10 sacks and won't have too much competition from Jermaine Cunningham to start opposite Ninkovich.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

We need to stop the Landry talk and go get this kid.  This plugs our biggest hole on defense.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Wimbley is a weakside OLB with 63 tackles, 7 sacks, 21½ quarterback knockdowns, 9½ hurries and an INT last year.  At 6-4, 255 and just 28, Wimbley would be perfect for us.  If we got him, we'd have a defense again.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

YES

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

[QUOTE]The Chief's have two starters at OLB in all-pro Tambi Hali and very good rookie Justin Houston Gotta think that if the money is even close to being the same that Wimbley would come in here assuming he's expected to replace Anderson and his 10 sacks and won't have too much competition from Jermaine Cunningham to start opposite Ninkovich.

Great to know. Thanks!

Like all the other free agent agreements it's hush hush until it's almost a done deal or already is.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

For the right price definately...... Not counting on Cunningham to be much of a factor, if he even makes the team this year. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I Agree with faucet. This would be the best move for us to make. It nails down a constant area of weakness with a legitimate, proven vet. If we added Wimbley, we would now have added 1 good FA at each level of the defense, and have a lot more flexibility come the draft. It makes so much sense for the pats to do. I fear it won't happen because of this.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

We need to go all-in for Wimbley.  PERIOD.  He would change everything.  We could play more 34 sets with Wimbley, Spikes, Mayo and Ninko.  To make cap space, we cut the following:

NamePositionCapDeadCap Sav
    Barrett, JoshS$1,133,120 $125,000 $1,008,120
    Ochocinco, ChadWR$4,683,333 $3,166,667 $1,516,666 Restruct
    Thomas, DonaldOL$665,000 $0 $750,000
    Underwood, TiquanWR$615,000 $0 $615,000
    Brace, RonDE$1,345,120 $560,000 $785,120
    $4,674,906  

We already have about $4.5MM of cap space left and the above gives us $9MM.  We can pay him about Wilfork/Mayo money.  We can still get Lloyd and Landry if we do something with Welker, Light and Waters.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Faucet...What do you think will get it done for Wimbley? I think mayo/ Wilfork money is a bit too much. I am with you on going all in for Wimbley...Lloyd to me would be it before the draft. I would count the FA process a success if we grabbed Wimbley, fanene, Gregory and Lloyd Where else can we cinch the belt to clear some room?