1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 617AcrossDaBoard. Show 617AcrossDaBoard's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2b7GVDTccwc&feature=related

If we dont replace Seymoure with our 1st three picks then it was a bad trade. 

Seymoure was a pure beast. When he wasn't getting the stats he was occupying 3 and sometimes 4 blockers. You could not run on his side and QB's knew they only had 3 seconds to get rid of the ball.

We got to start taking better care of the players we have on board.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Re: KARMA

*Guard. and Seymour wasnt as much of a beast in his last couple seasons with the pats. but i agree we need to replace him. It would appear we have replaced Asante with Devin. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Karma is for wussies. ANd that should start with 'p'.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I don't get where karma comes into this.  The Pats have a good shot at getting multiple impact players to fill some very specific needs.  They have multiple high draft picks because they aren't afraid to pull the trigger on trades when they think it's the right time.  Seymour was all but gone, and they got what they could for him while they could get it.  You can argue that they missed him the past few years but BB has a pretty good track record of recognizing when his players aren't living up to their paycheck.  They used Seymour's money to re-sign Wilfork and I'm fine with that. 

Shouldn't we all be optimistic since this team just went 14-2 in the midst of a rebuilding process?  They have some very valuable picks to fill the holes.  This team operates for sustainability, which is no easy task.  Yes, they have holes to fill but I think the way they go about building their roster makes sense.        

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wildwillis. Show Wildwillis's posts

I hope that everyone who talks about Asante does not forget who he had over the top almost every single time he had an INT, he had #37 the HOT ROD, a player who will never be duplicated.  BM tries but he just does not have the instincts that hot rod had.  So yes Asante was very effective in his time here but by no mean was he a lock down like champ, law, or McCourty will be. 
    Don't light me up for that, just saying he had a lot of help to make him shine.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Still don't get the karma comment.  It's karma that the Pats got knocked out of the playoffs because they decided they needed to rebuild and get younger?  It's called building a team for future success and trying to make hard choices within the world of the salary cap.  Maybe if the Raiders won the superbowl and got there by beating the Patriots in Foxboro in a game where Seymour had 15 tackles and 5 sacks I'd agree with the irony, but it's still not karma.     

With Seymour, it was likely that they had decided to hitch their wagon to Wilfork instead.  Both wanted big time money, only one was justifiably worth it since he's younger and plays a position that is harder to fill.  Mayo isn't Bruschi?  It took Bruschi years to become the player he was.  Of all the players that the Pats were criticized for releasing or not re-signing, I'd say that Samuel might've been the one they misjudged.  But everyone else was a calculated casualty, and Harrison took over for Milloy and I'd take Harrison any day.   

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from itsjustagame1. Show itsjustagame1's posts

In Response to KARMA:
    http:// When he wasn't getting the stats he was occupying 3 and sometimes 4 blockers.
    Posted by 617AcrossDaBoard

Really? up to 4 blockers? I'm okay with 2

But, in general, we need help on OL and DL and OLB

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

changes happen every year..and are necessary...for what ever reason...cap, age... attitude...and each year is its own entity

so whining about a guy who only cares about getting paid...and seymour samual and now mankins all fall into that category...is useless...and replacing specific players is impossible because all players are different... and thats why brady is brady or tippett was tippett...none of the other 3 players mentioned above are in that category...but were good players..

it is just a fact that most people dont remember when they(the pats) were just hoping to have a good season.. a winning season...  and not a 14-2 season or a perenial super bowl contender... now there is nothing less than sb victory

people will rue the day when bill retires.. simple as that...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

russ basically he said he liked and respected you because you repped all loyal pats fans when others didnt ...

but you just dissed him....

he goes on long diatribes... but there are generally very good pieces of wisdom mixed in with sarcasm and some other imaginative "stuff"

good looks laz...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

You cannot assess the Seymour trade without also taking into account he was likely gone at the end of the year anyway.  Would we have won it all in 2009 had we kept Seymour?  No.  Would we have franchised Seymour or signed him to another big deal?  Only BB knows, but I doubt it.

We traded one year of a good player for pick #17.  Even then, he has clearly stepped up his game this year.  He was not a "beast" for us.  Very good at times, often good, but seldom a beast...unless playing in a contract year.  Hmmm........

If I'm not mistaken, don't the Raiders have a lot of players about to be FA's?  They can't franchise all of them.  I suspect Seymour was just being Seymour, and stepped up his game in a contract year.  I liked the guy as a player, but nobody will convince me he played hard every game every year.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

Last decade we won 3 superbowls in 4 years. Acording to the rules laid down by the media networks we should be stinking up the AFC for at least another 5 years instead we make the playoffs with the youngest defence in the NFL and we still own the 2011 draft.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from WCPatsFan. Show WCPatsFan's posts

Asante dropped a sure interception that would have resulted in a perfect season. Everytime I see that ball bounce off his numbers, I cry. Rodney wouldnt have let that drop. That was the most important catch to make in his career. In 99.9% of all players careers. Instead David Tyree made his catch count and the rest is history. Asante will never be forgiven.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from donk3. Show donk3's posts

In Response to Re: KARMA:
    [QUOTE]Asante dropped a sure interception that would have resulted in a perfect season. Everytime I see that ball bounce off his numbers, I cry. Rodney wouldnt have let that drop. That was the most important catch to make in his career. In 99.9% of all players careers.

I also remember the growing pains Samuel put the Pats into.  He was not really a good CB until the year before his free agent year.  I also will not forget the dropped INT.  Maybe if he had caught it BB would have paid him.

Sections
Shortcuts