Katzenmoyer our biggest first-round bust ever!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from garce911. Show garce911's posts

Katzenmoyer our biggest first-round bust ever!!

Just came across a site that is doing a 32-man tournament for the worst first round pick ever with each team represented. Apparently, Katzenmoyer was voted as our rep and he's a #4 seed going against Mike Mamula from the Iggles.

Let's go vote up Andy!!
    http://www.opensports.com/community/user/blog_entry/6/b4fe08be-ac52-4f03-b7b9-21a3d6b276c6

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southie77. Show southie77's posts

Re: Katzenmoyer our biggest first-round bust ever!!

Eugene Chung will give him a good run for that title.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

Didn't he brake his neck?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Four Words:  Kenneth "Game Day" Sims.

Three more: End of discussion.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

Chris Canty ...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

Wow this is turning out to be a trudge through the H of F (Hall Of Failures). I was hard pressed to even remember these guys but that could be mental blocking of bad experiences.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Evil,

That's just your memory triggering a defense mechanism to protect you from reliving the horror of what it used to be like to be a Pats fan.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

What about kenneth Sims?  This guy was the first pick overall in 1982 and only played a full 16 games once in his career.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

The "Big Kat" was a bust because he suffered a neck injury. Eugene Chung, Ron Sellers, Chris Singleton, and Chris Canty just sucked...so they should be placed atop the Pats' bust list.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

Robert Edwards should be considered just as big of a bust as Katzenmoyer. It's unfortunate what happened to both of them, but I wouldn't consider them busts.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

praieimike, you hit the proverbial nail on its proverbial head with the accompanying hammer.

Kenneth Sims. Hands down. 1st pick overall. Squat.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Hart Lee Dykes is another name

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Kyle, come on...you can't be serious. Edwards actually produced for the Pats. He had the makings of an excellent player until his freak injury ended hi career.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

The big Kat was a solid prospect before getting a bulging disk in his neck, he was a late first round pick if I remember correctly; that in no way constitutes a bust.

Hart Lee Dykes, Sims or any top pick by Pete Carroll was a bust of bigger proportions.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

No matter which player represents the Patriots in the tournement no one will ever top the worst all time pick: Ryan Leaf

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

The Kat was doing good until he hurt his neck, after that he was never the same player.  Kat is not the biggest bust.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

If Kat had a real chance to work with Belichick he would have developed into a good NFL LB, he was already looking better the year he hurt his neck. He is by no means a bust, he got hurt and lost his chance to prove himself that is not teh same as being a bust. I agree if Kat was a bust then Robert Edwards was twice the bust Kat was.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

I agree with folks who say that Katz shouldn't be dissed for getting hurt (and I'll give garce911 a pass for starting a cool thread with a lame post), but I do think sportsbozo pretty much summed it up with the Ryan Leaf connection. I mean, from a Pats standpoint, you will never convince me that the Boston/Bay State/New England Patriots ever made a worse pick than Kenny Game Day. But of course, I would be willing to bet that I interact with at least a few people on this board everyday who don't even know who that is.

I hear Eugen Chung and I hear Chris Canty and I hear Hart Lee Dykes -- are you kidding me?

Kenny Game Day was the number one selection in the draft. He dominated college football from UT the way guys like Vernon Gholston or Chris Long could only fantasize about while masturbating. He was going to take the entire region on his back and carry us -- Texas Style (and on Game Day, no less) to uncharted territory. Of course, none of that ever happened, and all I am accomplishing by going on and on about Game Day (when I said "End of discussion" in an earlier post) is to make myself sound like one of those old guys who is trying to convince you that your guy could never hope to be as good as my guy -- except about the part where my guy was the worst guy -- so, you know . . .  not really the same at all.

But he did suck.

I wouldn't lie about that.

And what you really missed out on was how he kept telling us how we hadn't really seen the true Kenny yet.  He kept saying that. Over and over again. Game Day Sims.

You know what's weird?

I miss that guy.

Okay, new thread:

Losing is Actually Better Than Winning.

Anyone?

Anyone at all?

Buehler?

Buehler?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

Hart Lee Dykes was also an unfortunate injury victim. He blew out the kneecaps on both legs in consecutive years. He was also on the worst Pats team ever.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Well, I guess it's kind of pointless to argue about which Patriots team is the "worst team ever." 1-15 is 1-15. But, hard as it may be to believe, there was such a thing as a Patriots fan before 1985. For me Ron Erhadrt's 2-14 team ws the nadir. Lord knows it wasn't original, but Ron Erhardt was the only guy who ever compelled my brother and I to wear paper bags over our heads. I like to think of that guy who fried himself on Rte. 1 and his buddies trying to carry the goalpost home after the Cincinnatti game in 1985 as the deliverers of the franchise. A lot of us stormed the field that day, but only one crew went the extra mile. And I would bet a whole lot of money I don't have that almost none of the people who were in Sullivan Stadium that day are still holding season tickets.

Maybe the rest of the country is right.

Maybe Pats fans ah retahded.

I sure hope so.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

PMike I had no idea you were this old lol no offense of course. Laughing

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

dude,

I'm only 47.

What are you trying to say?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Oh . . . and killa, just so you know, I love the new breed of Pats fan. I don't live in MA anymore and I catch a lot of flack for being a frontrunner when I wear my colors ( quick aside -- my colors include a vintage Grogan "14" practice jersey -- I have documented evidence of me sitting in the Georgia Dome . . . Scott Zolak ran the offense that day -- who remembers him?) and I am old to enough to giggle about it. I don't need to prove my chops to anyone. As Robert DeNiro might say, "I've seen things." I waited a long

Long

LONG       

time for the Pats to become a force in the NFL, and it has been my luck that when they finally did, there was a forum like this in which I could spout off about it. This is the kind of stuff we only used to hear about in loud bars. So if you younger guys have to sit through a few "back in my day" stories from guys like me and . . .  well, whomever else has been through the wars . . . we appreciate your patience and hope you realize how lucky you are.

Sections
Shortcuts