KC Chiefs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

KC Chiefs

Does anyone want to discuss the Chiefs?  It should be interesting to see how Charlie Weis does in his first year as OC.  The Chiefs put up a decent number of points last year with 294.  Thier problem was giving up 424 on defense. 

But thier defense should be alot better with DE Tyson Jackson and DT Alex Magee entering thier 2nd year and S Eric Berry and CB Javier Arenas adding to the mix.  They also have DE Glen Dorsey to make thier front 3 one of the best in the NFL.

Thier offense looks pretty good as well with QB Cassell coming back for his 2nd year with the Chiefs.  The backfield has two newcomers with RB Jones arriving via FA and small but versitile rookie RB McCluster. 

This team seems well rounded from top to bottom and might surprise alot of teams in the AFC West.  But my true interest lies with the Raiders losing to every one of thier division rivals and although the Playoffs may be too much to ask for KC this season, all I'm hoping for is for the Chiefs to win both games vs Oakland.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

Re: KC Chiefs

bump

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

In Response to KC Chiefs:
    [QUOTE]Does anyone want to discuss the Chiefs?  It should be interesting to see how Charlie Weis does in his first year as OC.  The Chiefs put up a decent number of points last year with 294.  Thier problem was giving up 424 on defense.  But thier defense should be alot better with DE Tyson Jackson and DT Alex Magee entering thier 2nd year and S Eric Berry and CB Javier Arenas adding to the mix.  They also have DE Glen Dorsey to make thier front 3 one of the best in the NFL. Thier offense looks pretty good as well with QB Cassell coming back for his 2nd year with the Chiefs.  The backfield has two newcomers with RB Jones arriving via FA and small but versitile rookie RB McCluster.  This team seems well rounded from top to bottom and might surprise alot of teams in the AFC West.  But my true interest lies with the Raiders losing to every one of thier division rivals and although the Playoffs may be too much to ask for KC this season, all I'm hoping for is for the Chiefs to win both games vs Oakland.
    Posted by PatsFanGermany[/QUOTE]
    Sorry, not feelin' your enthusiasm for KC. Better coaching will help. That team will be 7-9 at best.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

IMO, they are still too young to make that next step...they will be alot of games...but come up short...i think 6 wins is a nice place to start...maybe add some help in the draft and free agency and maybe this team can make a jump in 2011

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

294 is a lot of points?  The Chiefs used to be a contender for the division back in '05 and '06.  What happened?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

294 is 18.5 points per game average.

I would say that's alot for a team that went 4-12.  They actually score more than the Jags who went 7-9.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

The Chefs could well be a .500 team in a relatively weak AFC West, but the thing I know most about the Chefs is Matt Cassel, and Matt Cassel is a question, not an answer.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Well the Chiefs were 23 out of 32 teams in scoring last season, but were tied for 28 out of 32 teams in wins, so I guess relatively speaking, their offense was pretty good.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hoier. Show Hoier's posts

Matt Cassel has to be one of the luckest players of all time. A backup USC player drafted late taking a well coached undeafted team 11-5 to a mega million dollar contract. He is not a QB to build a team around.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Cassel is not the problem.  They had a rotating offensive line last year and he was running for his life for most of the year.  Brady would have been a bad QB there.  It wasn't until the end of the year when the Chiefs started putting things together.  They settled on a starting unit for the offensive line and Charles had some good rushing yards.  The defense was horrible last year.  The team has a lot of holes but can fill them in the next couple of years through sound drafting.  They have the coaching staff in place to coach kids up which is important in a rebuild situation.

Nobody took the Chiefs seriously last year and they might have gotten away with a couple of games because of it.  This year teams will be ready so I expect the same kind of record for them.  Maybe a little improved but not by much.  This team has a lot of holes.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

The pats in '09 were an undefeated team? I hate when people rip on Cassel and forget the '09 team was very similar to last years team. It's just stupid and illogical. I can make the same argument that Cassel led a very similar Pats team to an 11-5 record while Brady only brought them a 10-6 record with the same talent.

In fact, the team Brady had last year was better. Did the Pats have to sign Rosevelt Colvin and Junior Seau last year when the depth of the linebacking corp was nonexistent? Did the Pats D have to overcome another 4th quarter offensive shutdown in 2009? NO. Cassel actually brought them back into games in '09 (see the Jets game and the Seahawks game). So stop crapping on Cassel for bringing the Pats a good season when Brady was hurt.

Saying Cassel is lucky is just retarded. Belichick would've have kept him around (see Kevin O'Connell) if Cassel didn't have something, nor would Cassel have had two 400 yard games in a row. But that was all Belichick and Moss, right? Oh yeah

In Response to Re: KC Chiefs:
    [QUOTE]Matt Cassel has to be one of the luckest players of all time. A backup USC player drafted late taking a well coached undeafted team 11-5 to a mega million dollar contract. He is not a QB to build a team around.
    Posted by Hoier[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]The pats in '09 were an undefeated team? I hate when people rip on Cassel and forget the '09 team was very similar to last years team. It's just stupid and illogical. I can make the same argument that Cassel led a very similar Pats team to an 11-5 record while Brady only brought them a 10-6 record with the same talent. In fact, the team Brady had last year was better. Did the Pats have to sign Rosevelt Colvin and Junior Seau last year when the depth of the linebacking corp was nonexistent? Did the Pats D have to overcome another 4th quarter offensive shutdown in 2009? NO. Cassel actually brought them back into games in '09 (see the Jets game and the Seahawks game). So stop crapping on Cassel for bringing the Pats a good season when Brady was hurt. Saying Cassel is lucky is just retarded. Belichick would've have kept him around (see Kevin O'Connell) if Cassel didn't have something, nor would Cassel have had two 400 yard games in a row. But that was all Belichick and Moss, right? Oh yeah In Response to Re: KC Chiefs :
    Posted by Rockdog1293000[/QUOTE]

No, the Pats in 07 were an undefeated team.  That team was nearly identical to the 08 team.  Remember the awesome O-line everybody said gave Brady a ton of time to throw 50 TD's.  Cassel behind the same O-line led the league in sacks in 08 with 47.  The next year with the Chiefs he was 4th in sacks with 42.  The guy can't throw a deep ball very well and can't react to a blitz.  I wish him luck, and hope he improves but those of us that watched the games (not just highlights) know that Cassel just wasn't a franchise QB. 

The only time the Pats missed the playoffs the last 8 years was under Cassel, and he was at the helm of a very good team with a fairly easy schedule that year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSII. Show BSII's posts

McCluster probably sees more time out of the slot which will help Cassel.  Dwayne Bowe had a bad year 2009, Cassel didn't have much to work with.  Weis should have a big impact, help get Cassel back on the short pass type offense he started clicking with in NE.  Chefs have a lot of holes, but are headed in the right direction.  7 to 9 win type team in a crappy division.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

All aboard the Cassel train.  Get on board or get the f*ck off!

Laughing

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Cassel may have made a few strides in the last half of the year, but if we had a veteran QB with real game experience coupled with one of the easiest schedules in FA history then I think we go 13-3 or 14-2.  We won a few games early in the year despite Matt Cassel not because of him. We could not stretch the field and our only real weapon was WW underneath. The defense still had life in it in 08(see Colts game) Cassel was given the keys to a cadillac but didn't figure out how to drive it until it was to late.

With that said he surely has potential given he was "Solid" the latter half of 08 but given KC's performance and Cassell's inability to counter a blitz I say he is climbing an up hill battle. Maybe Weiss will help.

Also to the poster who said Tom Brady would even have a losing record on that team I say I doubt it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

That's just wrong. 13-3 with Rosevelt Colvin at OLB a week after he was working at his UPS? It was only a few years ago. Did you forget? That defense was awful. Remember 3rd and 15? I was there, and it still pisses me off. Remember Gaffney missing that easy TD catch? That must've been Cassel's fault too. Remember Ellis Hobbs playing as starting CB? 

Yeah, he was sacked more because the first few games were a blur for him. After the SD game Cassel was a very good QB. He took less sacks and ran VERY effectively. 

I can't believe some fans have such short memories. I mean, Cassel absolutely shredded that dolphin defense in the away game in '08. 

Tom Brady absolutely, positively would've had a losing record with the Chiefs last year. I guess too much credit is given the QB and coach, and your comment proves that. You probably thought the Pats were going 3-13 without Brady after the week 1 win over the Bills, but they won 11 games. Hmmm...

[QUOTE]Cassel may have made a few strides in the last half of the year, but if we had a veteran QB with real game experience coupled with one of the easiest schedules in FA history then I think we go 13-3 or 14-2.  We won a few games early in the year despite Matt Cassel not because of him. We could not stretch the field and our only real weapon was WW underneath. The defense still had life in it in 08(see Colts game) Cassel was given the keys to a cadillac but didn't figure out how to drive it until it was to late. With that said he surely has potential given he was "Solid" the latter half of 08 but given KC's performance and Cassell's inability to counter a blitz I say he is climbing an up hill battle. Maybe Weiss will help. Also to the poster who said Tom Brady would even have a losing record on that team I say I doubt it.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

profootball outsiders' computer formula said the chiefs have the easiest schedule and had them finishing first in the west winning 8.9 games.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

I thought Cassel was doing very well, last half of the season.  Sure, he needed a few games to get there, but he sure finished strong.  Nobody mentioned K.C.s new DC as far as I saw here.  Isn't it RAC himself?  And shouldn't that help?  I did find it interesting that both RAC and Charlie went there, together, under Pioli and with Cassel at the QB spot.  I guess they wanted to get credit for winning and not have it be "they only win with Belichick" all the time.  I think K.C. is in good hands, wouldn't be surprised if they didn't take the division.  Not saying they will, just saying I wouldn't be surprised.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

[QUOTE]
    Posted by Tcal2[/QUOTE]
    http://nottscience.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/car-train-crash.jpg

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

O.K.  But remember I said it here first.  Chiefs win, or are close second, in the division.  Close is 2 games out or less.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

[QUOTE]
    Posted by Tcal2[/QUOTE]
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_BiaufGbepCU/S1AdjHHpETI/AAAAAAAAADE/lN9Ht6juAn4/s1600/train%2B2.jpg

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

[QUOTE]O.K.  But remember I said it here first.  Chiefs win, or are close second, in the division.  Close is 2 games out or less.  
    Posted by TroyBrown80[/QUOTE]
    apparently i did not say it first.  SirP posted that football outsiders have them winning the division.  Oh, well.  I still said it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]That's just wrong. 13-3 with Rosevelt Colvin at OLB a week after he was working at his UPS? It was only a few years ago. Did you forget? That defense was awful. Remember 3rd and 15? I was there, and it still pisses me off. Remember Gaffney missing that easy TD catch? That must've been Cassel's fault too. Remember Ellis Hobbs playing as starting CB?  Yeah, he was sacked more because the first few games were a blur for him. After the SD game Cassel was a very good QB. He took less sacks and ran VERY effectively.  I can't believe some fans have such short memories. I mean, Cassel absolutely shredded that dolphin defense in the away game in '08.  Tom Brady absolutely, positively would've had a losing record with the Chiefs last year. I guess too much credit is given the QB and coach, and your comment proves that. You probably thought the Pats were going 3-13 without Brady after the week 1 win over the Bills, but they won 11 games. Hmmm... In Response to Re: KC Chiefs :
    Posted by Rockdog1293000[/QUOTE]

Matt Cassel threw zero tds 6 times in 2008. He threw 1 td 5 times. So 11 out of 16 games he threw 1 or fewer tds. So yes I think my point is valid about having a veteran QB to throw the ball to Moss/Welker and co. Cassel lost 5 games to the only 5 good teams we played that year. The easiest schedule maybe ever is what people called it before and after the season.

I have nothing against Cassel and he played good ball control offense....and that was the problem. We had to play ball control offense even though we had the best wr tandem in the NFL. This is my main point. We could have opened up the offense a lot earlier then we did and probably could have won a few more games.

Who is crazier here? The guy who says BB and great team were more responsible for the 11-5 outcome or the guy who says Matt Cassel is responsible, a guy who had never started before and threw ZERO TDS 6 TIMES and 1 td 4 other times???? Then followed that up by almost leading the league in sacks AGIAIN and throwing 16tds to 16 INTS in 2009!

Also that defense that you say was so terrible was #11 ranked D in the league. They were 2nd in 3 and outs in the NFL. So I guess they were not too bad.

Are you Cassel's cousin or something?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

A few of those losses you have to blame on the D.  San Diego in particular, our secondary (what was that guys name, Deltha somethin ...) got lit up.

Sections
Shortcuts