KC sends Cassel to Denver in trade?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcoto83. Show jcoto83's posts

If I'm MCdaniels why not try to redo the whole three way trade with KC. Denver gets there man in Cassel, KC flips Cassel for a first rounder (tampas). Everyone wins. KC has the time and money to make sure all the details of the trade get hammered out. Which is something the pats didnt have. KC is years away from being competetive, so why not draft a rookie quarterback or give Thigpen another year. Denver gets the guy they wanted and Cutler takes his whining to tampa for a first and a third. It seems everyone wins. It just sucks we didnt have the time to make this trade happen in the first place.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

KC wants Cassel, not Cutler. They're not interested in a straight up deal.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bbtrick. Show bbtrick's posts

He did not say a straight up trade between KC and Denver.
    He said a three way trade with Denver getting Cassell, Tampa getting Cutler and KC getting Tampa's first and third rd picks one of which might then be used to take a QB.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Physics. Show Physics's posts

I would guess KC is very happy a team in its own division has QB problems. Why bail them out of this mess now? You win your division first.

*Maybe* Cutler is now the third best QB in that division, but that's a huge stretch and who knows what to believe. I think Denver has Chris Simms on roster (hey, most were clamoring to have him last season when Brady went down...) and they have talent at WR to make any QB look better. Could they trade Cutler? Sure. I think everyone can be traded for the right price. I just do not see anyone in the draft that would be 'better' than Cutler this season, esp. in a winnable division for the Broncos...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcoto83. Show jcoto83's posts

I did forget about the whole trade within the division aspect. Although the pats and bills did it with bledsoe. I think it all comes down to how much value the broncos and KC have on on Cassel. Pioli may like the guy but the possibiltiy of getting a first rounder and another quaterback who, (just speculating), may have a higher potential or fits better into Todd Haleys system might be to much to pass up. Especially after only giving up a 2nd round pick to get the guy originally. The Broncos in turn get a guy that they know fits in thier system. The team already has the talent to compete at least offensivley so why not try to win right away with a guy that has proven can produce in your system while picking up an extra pick like a third rounder. Finally Tampa bay gets the young established quaterback that they want , which for a team that was one game away from the playoffs, giving up a first and third round pick wouldnt be giving away to much considering what they already have.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Physics. Show Physics's posts

Again, why would you especially ever want to give a team in your division a guy who fits their system? I think if that team was anyone other than Denver, you might have a valid point. I just assume you shoudl never do anything that is in the interest of teams in your division unless it is exceptionally in your favor. In the Bledsoe example, I think the Pats were well-compensated and BB was convinced Drew was done. In the case of Cassel, both Denver and KC probably know what they have and what they'd be getting...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

The Pats traded Bledsoe to Buffalo in a well played calculated risk scenario.

They get a high pick from Buffalo. Buffalo got a very good QB, who put up a couple very good seasons for them, but they didn't pull anything else together.

NE wins.

Age is a restriciting factor here though. Neither Cutler nor Cassel are going anywhere anytim soon, so the window to build off them is wide open.

I don't think you see a trade in case, unless the compensation is so high that Den won't be able to build a team around Cassel.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

It takes two to sign a contract and maybe KC is not the team Matt wants.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucela. Show pucela's posts

because he already has a big, short-term deal. He should be in great shape after this year

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Well observed.

This, for those who are still having trouble with the Cassel compensation, is why there was no market for him. Cassel has zero incentive to sign a long-term deal, unless he's worried that he's going to completely fall on his face in Missouri. He's got 14+ mil in his pocket and anything remotely approaching the season he had last year and Cassel is right back in the drivers' seat.

Of course, it is the Chiefs, and he is Matt Cassel -- so if I was him I would invest carefully. It is not wise to squeeze the goos that lays the golden eggs too tightly.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

goos?

I'm sure that should say "goose."

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[Quote]
    because he already has a big, short-term deal. He should be in great shape after this year[/Quote]

Not if he has a bad season. Then he will be in trouble.

One bad year, and Cassel won't get a fraction of what he could get now.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

[Quote]If Cassel is "the" man that KC wanted then why isn't he signed to a big, long-term deal?[/Quote]

They have him for a year to see how he performs in their system. If he shows promise he'll have his multi year before next Super Bowl.

Pioli is smart enough to be able to seperate Cassel's performance from that of the team. If they have a so so record because the D sucks but cassel puts up good numbers he'll get his deal.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcoto83. Show jcoto83's posts

From what the Broncos owner said about cutler today. The whole three way trade scenario seems like a realistic possibility.