Keenan Allen

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Keenan Allen

His best 40 yard time was 4.71,maybe can this contribute to Allen be avaible in the 29th?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000158580/article/cals-keenan-allen-clocks-471-475-in-40-per-mayock

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Re: Keenan Allen

Wow, one has to wonder if he was better off not running the 40 at all after coming back from his knee injury.  I like this kid's size and overall game, but don't think I'd wanna touch a 4.71 WR in Rd 1.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

I think he is still injured.  That is scarier than the 40 time.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

One things for sure if there are lingering injury questions he'll drop like a rock on draft weekend. He could drop down to a reasonable spot in the draft like 3rd round. The good news is we still have a third round choice.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

ouch, he has to still be injured he was a low 4.5/high 4.4 kid before the injury. This might push Hopkins up and have him be taken before pick #29. I'm ok with that but I know a lot of people around here like the notion of Hopkins at #29 

Of course if that knee is still healing and can recover quickly if they can grab him up in the 2nd that would be a steal. This kid is a top 3 WR in any draft class when healthy

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

Wow, one has to wonder if he was better off not running the 40 at all after coming back from his knee injury.  I like this kid's size and overall game, but don't think I'd wanna touch a 4.71 WR in Rd 1.

ditto.

hopkins, rogers, dobson, hunter

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Anquan Boldin ran a 4.7 back in the day. So did Jerry Rice.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

The kid is really more of a RB. When I watch his tape, he is really that slow. Safeties catch him from behind.

He looks like a good football player, but I'm not sure I'd spend 1st or 2nd on him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Amendola. Show Brady2Amendola's posts

I like Keenan Allen. Good talent

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

In response to PATSchampsSB's comment:

His best 40 yard time was 4.71,maybe can this contribute to Allen be avaible in the 29th?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000158580/article/cals-keenan-allen-clocks-471-475-in-40-per-mayock

I think he is a 2nd rd guy, but he should be on the list. High IQ player, would be good, but I'd rather DeAndre Hopkins at 29.

I like him, too, but we won't need to take a flyer in the 2nd round.  I bet he ends up falling to late 3rd, early 4th because of that 40 time.  You know how teams become obsessed with stats from the combine.  Yes, 40 yard dashes are important for receivers, but it's so overrated.  Look at Spikes back in 2010.  He was projected as an early 2nd round pick until he ran the 40 in the low 5's and his stock dropped so much that the Pats were able to pick him up in the 4th.

I could see BB taking him in the 3rd, or maybe even the 4th.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Anquan Boldin ran a 4.7 back in the day. So did Jerry Rice.

Yup.  40 times are so overrated.  Game speed and 40 yard dash times are two completely different animals.  People put way too much stock into combine results.

Sections
Shortcuts