Keep Adalius?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Keep Adalius?

Your not going  to get anything for him anyway. It's an uncapped year, it's not my money. And he says he wants to play for the Jets! With Rexxy and big mouth Scott!
    I know he tanked it last year and he's a dirt bag, but it's not like he is a terrible player. Up until last year I thought he was pretty solid when healthy; he's big, pretty versitile and is not coming off any major injuries. If I'm Belichek I try to make nice with him a little and put him in the middle and let him spend the rest of his carreer smashing his head into 300lb guards. We need a big thumper in the middle, we have needs and only so many ways to get players. Worst case he acts like a scum bag again and you burry him on the bench, fine him, send him home, embarase him and wait till the Jets are 2 and 5 then cut him and let him join his buddies.   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Re: Keep Adalius?

I agree that you don't just cut him! If he was a miserable player last year make him wait for his eventual release!!! Or trade him to one of the stinker teams.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

it isnt my team, but profits this year may make Kraft spend a little more another year.  Dump him

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

If it's my team, I keep Thomas for no better reason than because he doesn't want to stay. He's got it all figured out how he's going to jump ship to Green New Jersey and everything is going to be roses and Cap'n Crunch.

I don't think so.

My NFL team wouldn't win a lot of games, but it would be surly.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

I'd keep him just to keep him away from fat boy and the Jets. Bart Scott has the biggest mouth in the NFL!!Why award bad behavior? Too bad Detroit doesn't want the bum. That's a good place for a guy that absolutely tanked it last year!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

I would trade him to the Jets for a second round 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

In Response to Re: Keep Adalius?:
    I would trade him to the Jets for a second round 
    Posted by PatFanInBA2

Belichick would rather  p i m p strut shoeless across hot tar before he'd agree to a trade with the Jets for a player that could a) help them and b) come back to haunt him.  Ain't gonna happen. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

I would certainly keep A.D.  unless a sweet trade was out there.  However, I do see the Pats sending A.D. elsewhere with a very sour trade.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

OMG, Rex Ryan doesn't want Adalius. ThomAss is a bum, who are the Jets going to seat for ThomAss? Pace? That's their best pass-rusher. Let the bum go!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I would certainly keep A.D.  unless a sweet trade was out there.  However, I do see the Pats sending A.D. elsewhere with a very sour trade.
    Posted by BBRULES23

Imagine him ending up in Detroit? That would be priceless. St Louis wouldn't be bad either. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I don't know why we should be afraid of letting that bum go, if he gets twice as many sacks as he did this year he'll have 8. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

one the pats cant afford him.not with all the needs they need on the team.plus he isnt happy,or want to be with the pats,and dont need any negativity in the locker room.and now that it has been leaked out the pats may drop him.no team will trade for him,knowing he will be released.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

one the pats cant afford him.not with all the needs they need on the team.plus he isnt happy,or want to be with the pats,and dont need any negativity in the locker room.and now that it has been leaked out the pats may drop him.no team will trade for him,knowing he will be released.
    Posted by mosseffect43

Agreed moss... Still, I love the idea of having him sweat it out as long as possible.  IF there's zero chance that NE can't get 1 single 7th rder from a bad team NOT in our division while perhaps even somehow eating up 1 or 2 mil of his conract, just to keep AD away from the Jets (where imho, AD would unfortunately thrive on their D)- THEN ya gotta keep him on as long as possible...  I saw how NE saves (i.e. no cap "hit") 4.5 mil IF Adalius is cut before June 1st. 

Which means, do everything ya can to trade him before draft time, tell him to report to his winter workouts & pre-camp weeklong camp(s), tell him he's gotta "turn his attitude around", then cut his rear on the last day of May if all else fails (remind BB to lose AD's team playbook via Fed Ex).  Q: Has their EVER been a scenario where a team gives up a player (AD)and say a 6th rder and traded both said player and 6th rder to a team for 1 single 7th rder (or future 6th-7th rder) just so they take away our garbage and our garbage contract?  Because honestly, I wouldn't object to this scenario one bit either to keep him from a div rival...  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

trade outside of division. I think he'll haunt us if we let him go to the jets. Frankly, I think BB  didn't take advantage of him...giving AT a little room to attack from different positions. I think the Patriots' conservative/disciplined approach can certainly help minimize mistake by "poorer" players, but can hinder individual "talents".

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Posted by mosseffect43

i don't think the knowledge of the pats wanting to dump thomas is what's keeping other teams from trade for him. if the value is right, it does not make sense for teams interested in him to wait until he's cut because then each team will have to compete against other interested teams, for his services.

the real problem for the pats is that, except for the jets, no team is interested in thomas. he's 32, has a history of tanking and being a whiner, and is expensive. expensive basically eliminates any team with a record below 500. if you look at the the remaining 4-3 teams, they're mostly set at de (i don't know if he would be a good de anyway). that leaves you with a few 3-4 teams, who are mostly also set at olb. it just so happens the only teams who might be interested in an olb are all in the afc east.
    miami: taylor is getting old, but why would you replace taylor with a thomas?
    buffalo: perhaps, just because they are trying to switch to 3-4, but unless they find a nt, they probably would not spend on an old olb.
    that leaves us with nyj: part of me says it would be foolish to let him go to the jets and part of me says maybe he's harmless after all. that said, with the uncapped year, i'd keep him until at least a third of the way into the season, just to minimize the damage if he's still capable of causing the pats some.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

I think they should keep him.  Who do they have to replace him?  Unless they can get a 3rd or 4th rounder for him, it is not worth the loss.  His presence in the locker room stinks, but letting him go without a replacement is not an option

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

It seems that most of us are in an agreement that if he goes to the jests it may "haunt" NE.  So what does that say about how has been utilized in NE?  I dont think he fit well with BB style of ball.  I really do think that if he went to the jests he would have an impact. 

Now why in the world would BB cut him to go to a division rival that is looking to take over the division?  Well BB is very strategic, but he doesnt get it right all the time. I have a feeling that he will let him go and it will come back and bite him.  BB has been doing some crazy things over the past couple of years, so I dont think that this would be any different.  I just hope there is someone who is willing to trade for him not named the jests. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mar10fern. Show mar10fern's posts

TO ANYONE WHO THINKS AD WILL COME BACK TO HAUNT US!

Go back and look at ANY game this year (I'm sure a few people who post here have a game or 2 recorded).

Don't watch any one else... Just keep your eye on AD.

For the entire game.  Watch no one else... Just keep your eye on AD.

YOU WILL BE SHOCKED!

PLEASE REPORT BACK WITH YOUR CONCLUSIONS.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

@mar...I dont got time to watch footage on AT...whats the results?

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Once Ryan became head coach of the Jets and with the help of his pal Scott, AD started his plan to get out of New England. Why else would he have totally tanked this year-and mouthed off about Belichick the way he did. So I believe this has been his year long strategy to get cut, but unfortunately Bart Scott can't keep his mouth shut.No way will Belichick give AD what he wants, I believe he'll keep him rather than give Ryan the satisfaction of grabbing him.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

Isn't the whole Jets talking about Thomas thing considered tampering?   The guy is under contract to another team and they're talking about him like he's a street free agent.  Where is the commish when you need him?   

I always agreed with the Parcellsian philosophy that you don't let a player shoot his way out of town.  Thomas has been trying to do this since he was suspended.  Granted, guys who try to shoot their way out of town are usually trying to get a big payday.  In AT's case, it's more like he's trying to go to a team with a coach that knows how to "utilize" him.  If it's all the same during a year without a cap I'd keep Thomas and use him exclusively as a pass rusher.  I really think if he went to the Jets that he'd be motivated to stick it to the Pats.       

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from gettek. Show gettek's posts

Keep him..  Make him inactive every week..  Ala Al Davis when he doesn't like someone.  Let him sit there and stew all year long...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Thomas has 2 years remaining on his deal. If the Pats cut him now, they will take a cap hit for 2010 (assuming the cap remains in place).

I'd like to see him go. He's a prima donna. When things don't go his way, he sulks.

If the Pats do make room to cut him, they could do it on the eve of the regular season, which would make it more difficult for his new team to plug him into their system.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from timithye. Show timithye's posts

Could the Pat's keep him til training camp opened, then put him on the PUP (not a big stretch there from a fan's perspective) and cut him or IR after week 8?  He would then be free to sign with the jests next year or after week 8 if cut.  There is little damage he would be able to do after week 8.