Keep An Eye on Ochocinco

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Keep An Eye on Ochocinco

The Bengals are going to have to move Chad Johnson, a/k/a Chad Ochocinco. Its'' just a matter of time. Today, Chad was somewhat understandably dissed by Bengals QB, Carson Palmer. This from the Cincinnati Enquirer:

"The verbal salvos from Carson Palmer about Chad Ochocinco's absence from the Bengals this offseason have intensified. On Sirius NFL Radio on Tuesday, Palmer issued his strongest criticism yet about the absence of the ninth-year wide receiver. "It's definitely a new look for the Bengals receiver corps but I couldn't be happier with the guys we've got," Palmer said. "T.J.'s (Houshmandzadeh) gone and Chad's pretty much gone, he hasn't been here, so we've got guys that want those two spots, guys that compete day in and day out, when we're out there on the field, running, conditioning and in the weight room lifting. They're guys that want to take over for those two spots. They look every bit capable of doing what we're going to ask them to do."

Call me crazy...I mentioned prior to the draft about the Pats making a run at Ocho. Like Randy Moss, I don't think he's a bad guy. I think that playing in Cincinnati, and all the losing, has wore him down. If the Pats could get him for a 2nd round pick in 2010, they should jump at it. Ocho would be reborn playing with Brady and the Pats. Can you-all imagine a WR set of Moss and Ocho, with Welker in the slot?? Wow!! Brady might throw for 50 TDs again. 

Speaking of crazy...how 'bout the Bengals turning down a #1 pick plus from the Redskins for Ocho last year?  http://www.theredskinreport.com/2008/04/22/redskins-offer-for-chad-johnson-rejected-espn/.

LOL!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

Re: Keep An Eye on Ochocinco

why would we trade for him now when he will be a FA next season and has expressed interest in playing in New England. Next season we can get him for no draft picks and to replace galloway. Tate, Moss, and ocho cinco as our deep threats and welker in the slot would be unstoppable.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

The Bengals are going to have to move Chad Johnson, a/k/a Chad Ochocinco. Its'' just a matter of time. Today, Chad was somewhat understandably dissed by Bengals QB, Carson Palmer. This from the Cincinnati Enquirer:      "The verbal salvos from Carson Palmer about Chad Ochocinco's absence from the Bengals this offseason have intensified. On Sirius NFL Radio on Tuesday, Palmer issued his strongest criticism yet about the absence of the ninth-year wide receiver. "It's definitely a new look for the Bengals receiver corps but I couldn't be happier with the guys we've got," Palmer said. "T.J.'s (Houshmandzadeh) gone and Chad's pretty much gone, he hasn't been here, so we've got guys that want those two spots, guys that compete day in and day out, when we're out there on the field, running, conditioning and in the weight room lifting. They're guys that want to take over for those two spots. They look every bit capable of doing what we're going to ask them to do."      Call me crazy...I mentioned prior to the draft about the Pats making a run at Ocho. Like Randy Moss, I don't think he's a bad guy. I think that playing in Cincinnati, and all the losing, has wore him down. If the Pats could get him for a 2nd round pick in 2010, they should jump at it. Ocho would be reborn playing with Brady and the Pats. Can you-all imagine a WR set of Moss and Ocho, with Welker in the slot?? Wow!! Brady might throw for 50 TDs again.       Speaking of crazy...how 'bout the Bengals turning down a #1 pick plus from the Redskins for Ocho last year?   http://www.theredskinreport.com/2008/04/22/redskins-offer-for-chad-johnson-rejected-espn/ .      LOL!!
    Posted by TexasPat3

Hey Tex. This is a little OT but have any of you seen the show on The Travel Channel, "Dhani Tackles the Globe"? Dhani Jones of the Bengals...hate to say it but he seems like kind of a cool guy. Wouldn't mind seeing him in NE (not that he's looking to leave, etc.). 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I dont see it happening, I just dont see that many star WRs on one team but hey i would be mad if we got him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Give Palmer extra style points for talking about Cinco de Mayo as if he's already gone. Johnson has been squawking about leaving Cinncinnatti for a couple years now and maybe it's just me -- but last time I looked I didn't see a lot of teams lining up to make a pitch for this guy. He's another one of these players who overestimates his own importance and is more worried about who is talking about Ocho Cinco than what is best for the Cincinnatti Bengals.

Now, before you start throwing the Corey Dillon example at me, remember this: Dillon was a complainer, but I do not remember him going far and beyond out of his way to make sure everybody on the planet heard him complaining. Chad Johnson is way too "Hey Everybody, Look At Me!!!" for my taste. I could still root for a Pats team with Pochinko on it, but I'm hoping it won't come to that.

Oh . . .  and you're crazy.

Sorry, almost forgot.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I dont think thats very fair Pmike, Chad has been relitivly quiet this off season he has not been nearly as bad as he was so it seems like he learned from his mistakes. does he still want out? hell yes he does but he is not being teh pain in the a ss he was being last year or in years past.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Yes, quiet.

Quietly hawking his reality TV show.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

The Redskins/Bengals (non)deal illustrates that this whole thing is a battle of wills that is approaching ideological status.

Lewis versus Ocho.

I think Lewis is bent on not giving in and trading him to prove a point down the road. He has basically insinuated that a package for Ocho would have to be commensurate with the numbers he is capable of putting up, and not what he is worth to Cincy, which at this point is next to nothing.

A healthy, happy Ocho is worth a pair of first rounders depending on where the picks come, or a first and second. The problem is that no one will give that to Cincy for him.

Yeah, Moss, Welker, Ocho would be one of the most devastating trios. Right up there with Taylor, Rice, Jones and Harrison, Wayne, Stokley, and Clark.

But I think even if Marv let his guard down Ne would want some assurance.
    I am in the group that thinks Ocho isn't that bad a guy. He is flashy, but he works hard. But if NE is paying a second for a contract dispute, no way.

In essence if you can trade for Ocho under the terms of the contract he is signed with now you do it. If you trade knowing he is carrying the same gripes to NE you don't.

I have a feeling Ocho isn't going anywhere, although it only takes one thing to put Lewis over the edge and truth be told I have no idea how sturdy his resolve really is in the long run. Right now the guy looks like nails.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Does Chad Johnson have a TV show? am i really this out of touch? I know TO has one but does Chad as well?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

I don't know.

It sounded right.Surprised

http://blogs.bet.com/news/playahater/could-we-see-the-chad-johnson-reality-show/

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from horrifying. Show horrifying's posts

How many WRs can we field at any one time?  Maybe BB will have a new Wild Wildcat. The center to snap the ball to TB, add 2 blockers and 7 WRs.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Everybody go long!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Give Palmer extra style points for talking about Cinco de Mayo as if he's already gone. Johnson has been squawking about leaving Cincinnati for a couple years now and maybe it's just me -- but last time I looked I didn't see a lot of teams lining up to make a pitch for this guy. He's another one of these players who overestimates his own importance and is more worried about who is talking about Ocho Cinco than what is best for the Cincinnati Bengals.

RESPONSE: Sounds similar to what was being said about Randy Moss, when he was in Oakland.

Now, before you start throwing the Corey Dillon example at me, remember this: Dillon was a complainer, but I do not remember him going far and beyond out of his way to make sure everybody on the planet heard him complaining.

RESPONSE: You have a short memory, my friend. Dillon's demonstration that he wanted out of Loserville was far worse than anything Ocho has done: http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/bengals/2003-10-22-dillon-demands_x.htm, and http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/bengals/2003-12-30-dillon-business_x.htm

Chad Johnson is way too "Hey Everybody, Look At Me!!!" for my taste.

RESPONSE: That would change if he became a Patriot. When one plays in Cincinnati, what else is there but to say, "Hey, look at me!" In fact, it wouldn't surprise me to learn that Bengals' management actually encouraged such behavior on his part...in order to promote some interest in their woe-begone team. 

I could still root for a Pats team with Pochinko on it, but I'm hoping it won't come to that.

RESPONSE: Many Pats' fans said the same things about Randy Moss.

Oh . . .  and you're crazy. Sorry, almost forgot.

RESPONSE: These words from a man who continues to try to have an intelligent dialogue with Indy trolls.   

Posted by prairiemike

How would teams defense a WR stable of Moss, Ocho, and Welker? Wouldn't that group be as good or better than Moss, Stallworth, and Welker? What if Ocho joined Indy, and the Pats had him, Wayne, Gonzalez, and Clark to deal with? Yikes!!  

People forget that the the Pats went undefeated with that great 2007 offense, till that game. Furthermore, a certain team from Arizona did OK last year with a "big-three" WR set of Fitzgerald, Boldin, and Breaston.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

why would we trade for him now when he will be a FA next season and has expressed interest in playing in New England. Next season we can get him for no draft picks and to replace galloway. Tate, Moss, and ocho cinco as our deep threats and welker in the slot would be unstoppable.
    Posted by natesubs

Nate:

The Pats are trying to win a SB this year. If getting Ocho for a #2 accomplishes that, I would say that it was worth the draft pick.

As for Tate, who knows if he'll ever recover from that horrible knee injury that he suffered. Besides, young WRs are a big-time crap-shoot. Do the names Bethel Johnson and Chad Jackson ring a bell? Ocho is a proven #1 WR. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

What's wrong with the corps the Pats have now?  Why add an X factor like Ocho who can disrupt the chemistry in place.  With Brady back, and healthy, the receiving corps the Pats have now is probably better than the '07 season!  Are we getting greedy?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trox1. Show Trox1's posts

I would love to see Chad on the Patriots.  If I remember correctly him and BB got along very well at the pro bowl and BB seemed to genuinely like him as both a player and person(my memory may be a bit foggy here but it was from a few years ago).

Randy, Chad, and Joey all are past their primes, but all are still capable of putting up big numbers.  Granted playing together would limit them some as they're only so many balls to go around.  Wes is in the middle of his prime and is 1 of the top slot guys in the league.  This very well might be the best WR core ever.  Please let this happen we deserve it after TB getting hurt last year.

Chad tells media to tell BB he loves him

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Eighty five is not as fast as Galloway,he runs nice routes and isn't afraid to go over the middle but that would be where Welker works.Also as we now have 3 solid TE's and 3 solid WR's there realy isn't much space on the team for another WR,as it is Tate is going to join McKenzie as a professional version of the redshirting program used by college teams.I know that we still have Aikens,Lewis,Ventrone,Slater,Ortiz,the 2 wr's from the Naval Academy and Edeilman the draft pick from Kent St.,had this move presented itself a couple of years ago maybe they make the move but not at this juncture this team is not in need of WR's or TE's.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BXBoston. Show BXBoston's posts

I can't lie that would be one hell of a recieving core. Moss, Welker and Ochocinco. Pats would average about 42pts a game easy.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

I have been saying this for a while, but I was thinking it would have happened before the draft....now I don't think that it will happen....

If Ocho ends up holding out into the season, then maybe Cincy will end up cutting him....I think that is the better scenario....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsGhost. Show RedsGhost's posts

Last year after posting 6 years of plus 1000 yrds receiving, he posted 540. Last year after putting up 7 years of receiving averages of 15,15,14,13,15,16, and 11.8 yards per catch he posted an average YPC of 10 yards. After posting TD numbers of 8,7,9,9, and 10 he posted 4 TD's last year.
    All these numbers constitute his career worst or 2nd worst. At age 31? Don't think his attitude combined with his age, production numbers and salary desires would make him that appealable, IOW, if I was the GM/Coach I wouldn't pull the trigger on him. Or at the very least, if your going to hire an aging, disgruntled and perhaps high salaried WR, wait a year until he's a FA rather than giving up draft slots for him, and Rnd 2 is way to high, perhaps 4th or 5th rounds IF your going to trade for him, which I would not.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trox1. Show Trox1's posts

Last year after posting 6 years of plus 1000 yrds receiving, he posted 540. Last year after putting up 7 years of receiving averages of 15,15,14,13,15,16, and 11.8 yards per catch he posted an average YPC of 10 yards. After posting TD numbers of 8,7,9,9, and 10 he posted 4 TD's last year. All these numbers constitute his career worst or 2nd worst. At age 31? Don't think his attitude combined with his age, production numbers and salary desires would make him that appealable, IOW, if I was the GM/Coach I wouldn't pull the trigger on him. Or at the very least, if your going to hire an aging, disgruntled and perhaps high salaried WR, wait a year until he's a FA rather than giving up draft slots for him, and Rnd 2 is way to high, perhaps 4th or 5th rounds IF your going to trade for him, which I would not.
    Posted by RedsGhost

Reds,

The problem (or best part if Pats fan) with your thinking that he's washed up is that he's in a situation he doesn't want to be in.  He has been very open about that.  Athletes are humans.  They have emotions just like you and I.  If you were stuck at your job and really wanted a transfer, hated management, and your boss.  Would you be productive?  Would you be getting a little less work done and perhaps that work would be a little worse than the work you have done in the past.  

Like most older players who come to the Pats he would be rejuvenated. Catching balls from TB, playing for BB, a legit chance to win a superbowl, and the opportunity to be a part of 1 of the all time great offenses.  I don't know what y'all think, but that would motivate the hell out of me and I'm quite sure it would for Chad.  He wouldn't put up Randy numbers, but 700 yds and 8 Td's would be nice.  

I'm a little higher on Galloway than most here.  He had a few straight 1000 yd seasons before an injury plagued year last year.   He's well known for taking great pride in his body and despite his advanced age of 37, I'm quite sure he has some left in the tank.  Especially getting to play with an elite QB should be quite beneficial for him.  So I don't think it's really a big deal if we don't get Chad, but it sure would be a lot of fun to watch.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Physics. Show Physics's posts

How many WRs can we field at any one time?  Maybe BB will have a new Wild Wildcat. The center to snap the ball to TB, add 2 blockers and 7 WRs.
    Posted by horrifying

Or, could just run a variation of Mike Leech's Ninja formation if you were really inclined.. not sure if that'd work in the pro game.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

The rules of the line of scrimmage really make it impossible to run more than five wide,full spread.

I think you can't legally send more than five players out on a given play or something.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

[
    QUOTE]The Redskins/Bengals (non)deal illustrates that this whole thing is a battle of wills that is approaching ideological status. Lewis versus Ocho. I think Lewis is bent on not giving in and trading him to prove a point down the road. He has basically insinuated that a package for Ocho would have to be commensurate with the numbers he is capable of putting up, and not what he is worth to Cincy, which at this point is next to nothing. A healthy, happy Ocho is worth a pair of first rounders depending on where the picks come, or a first and second. The problem is that no one will give that to Cincy for him. Yeah, Moss, Welker, Ocho would be one of the most devastating trios. Right up there with Taylor, Rice, Jones and Harrison, Wayne, Stokley, and Clark. But I think even if Marv let his guard down Ne would want some assurance. I am in the group that thinks Ocho isn't that bad a guy. He is flashy, but he works hard. But if NE is paying a second for a contract dispute, no way. In essence if you can trade for Ocho under the terms of the contract he is signed with now you do it. If you trade knowing he is carrying the same gripes to NE you don't. I have a feeling Ocho isn't going anywhere, although it only takes one thing to put Lewis over the edge and truth be told I have no idea how sturdy his resolve really is in the long run. Right now the guy looks like nails.
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

"worth a PAIR OF FIRST ROUNDERS" Uh, was this a typo?? Then in the very next sentence you say "The problem is that no one will give that to Cincy for him." Well, if no one will give that for him, I guess he isn't worth it then, is he?

Cincy will consider themselves lucky to get a 3rd rounder for this bigmouth, primadonna, showboat whiner. I wouldn't want to see him in a patriot uniform if he came here for nothing. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

No thank you.  I don't want anyone who changes his name to Ochocinco on my team.  Lets leave the childish antics to TO and someone elses team. 

I want professionals who think about winning not stupid stunts like The MNF yellow HOF jacket thing.  What a Jer_koff.

Sections
Shortcuts