Keeping Nunn?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

Keeping Nunn?

I think Nunn has out played both Gallaway, Lewis and Aiken so far. Gallaway can't run the correct routes but I don't think Bill is ready to give up on him. With his speed and experience, I don't blame him. Aiken is reliable and valuable on special teams. But I think Lewis will be cut for Nunn. I don't see Nunn making it to the practice squad if he gets cut. Someone will scoop him up. I would love to see this kid make the team. He has speed, good hands, and creates good separation. Also, spending time with Moss during the year will prove invaluable to his career and could make him exceptional. Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

Re: Keeping Nunn?

I agree and think bill does too. 

Think the pats go 2 qbs and find a way to keep BJGE and Nunn

But.... lewis isnt getting cut. Hes younger and has more value thanks to his tiny contract which is in place for the next couple years. 

Wouldnt be surprised if bill has a shocker in store for us though..... 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

I agree 100%.  I would keep Nunn, and I would do it at the expense of either Galloway or Lewis.  Aiken is too valuable on special teams, and honestly has shown more as a receiver than Galloway or Lewis as well.

I don't see much of a chance at all of Nunn making it to the practice squad.  There are too many Belichick disciples out there.  Who cares if he was undrafted.  The kid can play, and BB has kept those type of players before.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

Deep down.... and I know Im dreamin but wouldn't we all love to see branch get cut and come home.....forget galloway and lewis brady could still throw to deion with his eyes closed

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

Nunn tore it up in practice. If most of those practice catches were as good as that sideline fingertip catch Nunn made against the Jints, then the chances of him getting cut are nunn..I mean none...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from One-If-By-Sea. Show One-If-By-Sea's posts

In Response to Re: Keeping Nunn?:
    [QUOTE]Deep down.... and I know Im dreamin but wouldn't we all love to see branch get cut and come home.....forget galloway and lewis brady could still throw to deion with his eyes closed
    Posted by steve1581[/QUOTE]

Is Deion the same guy? He has had a lot of injuries -- I am just wondering if he is as quick and fast or not.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Deion can still play, for sure.  The problem is, can he stay on the field?  If he does get cut, I'd sign him in a second, and drive Galloway to the airport myself.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

Deion can still play

and after all we are talking about a 3/4 receiver.

He is certainly better than galloway although Im sure galloway can stretch the field a little better

One thing... even if branch is a bit slower he is dependable and Tom could throw to him in his sleep.

I really dont think it will happen but, I love branch and I'd love to see him come home to n.e

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Parish-sez. Show Parish-sez's posts

You would think Nunn has shown enough on offense and special teams to make the team. The wr position has got to be the hardest cut to make this year,you can make a case for everyone of them even Ortiz who was cut. Nobody seen enough of Galloway to make a decision except the coaches. It's not like a 35 year old wr is going to play much in the preseason,so none of can really know where he stands. With JG being 35 and Welker bang'd up we will probably have at least one wr on the practice squad. The others should be picked up on waivers because we really have a deep talented pool.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Parish-sez. Show Parish-sez's posts

Wow I coundn't post with the word b-a-n-g-e-d in my post. W-T-F? Or W-T-F

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I would keep Nunn over Aiken.  Galloway and Lewis I think will both be retained.  With what we already have I don't see a need for Branch, particularly since he's prone to injury.  Just my 2 cents.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

Teal tuff to return home over the bridge you burned on the way out of town...have a nice life, Deion.....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RobertBro. Show RobertBro's posts

Nunn's story is the kind of thing Bill loves: tenacity, perseverance and making the most of the opportunities that do come your way.  I think Bill finds a way to keep him.  I'd do it by slipping Crable and Wheatley onto the practice squad rather than cutting any of the other receivers.  I'm not sure how Bill will do it. 

As far as Branch, I know WR is the least of our needs, but how could you resist a Brady/Branch reunion?  They can read each other's minds.  That's really the only scenario in which I see them letting go of Galloway.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from One-If-By-Sea. Show One-If-By-Sea's posts

[QUOTE]Nunn's story is the kind of thing Bill loves: tenacity, perseverance and making the most of the opportunities that do come your way.  I think Bill finds a way to keep him.  I'd do it by slipping Crable and Wheatley onto the practice squad rather than cutting any of the other receivers.  I'm not sure how Bill will do it.  As far as Branch, I know WR is the least of our needs, but how could you resist a Brady/Branch reunion?  They can read each other's minds.  That's really the only scenario in which I see them letting go of Galloway.
    Posted by RobertBro[/QUOTE]

With Slater and Ventrone gone, it looks pretty much like Nunn is in to me. They need the speed on special teams.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sonieboy. Show sonieboy's posts

[QUOTE]Nunn's story is the kind of thing Bill loves: tenacity, perseverance and making the most of the opportunities that do come your way.  I think Bill finds a way to keep him.  I'd do it by slipping Crable and Wheatley onto the practice squad rather than cutting any of the other receivers.  I'm not sure how Bill will do it.  As far as Branch, I know WR is the least of our needs, but how could you resist a Brady/Branch reunion?  They can read each other's minds.  That's really the only scenario in which I see them letting go of Galloway.
    Posted by RobertBro[/QUOTE] Branch does fit into not the Pats needs or plans. Renunions rarely work out because we move on and our priorities and lifestyles change with them. This post is regarding keeping Nunn and he deserves to be on the squad.  J. Galloway should be cut to keep Nunn. Nunn is perhaps not as fast as J galloway but he is fast and has great athlethic ability plus he catches the balls even the easy ones, which JG may or may not. He's home run or none. Nunn'S younger than J. Galloway and will be around a lot longer. Wht say you?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

Nunn's got reaonable speed, is quick, and has hands made of glue. While Moss is stretching the field, the #3 receiver should have the ability to help move the chains....that burden can't fall solely on Welker.I don't think Galloway will survive in the middle of the field, and he'll drop some...maybe big ones. Put a receiver out there that helps move the chains,then run the ball with purpose and conviction, and then, play action, and air it out to Randy. I think Nunn has proven he can separate a little, catch the ball, and help keep a drive alive....and he will get better...maybe a lot better. I'm sure I'm wrong, but I'd go with the kid...

Sections
Shortcuts