Keith Olberman.......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

Re: Keith Olberman.......

In Response to Re: Keith Olberman.......:
    In Response to Re: Keith Olberman....... : Translation; He's a smug, elitist, anti-American, far-left obama worshipper.
    Posted by unclealfie

Ahhhh...the battle cry of the right wing, Palin loving m0r0ns...if you support OUR President, you are an anti-american, smug elitist!

Can I get a terrorist fist bump from anyone!?!?

With that, I swear NEVER to talk politics on here again.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 00chief00. Show 00chief00's posts

Hey, here is a good rule for this forum: NO POLITICS. Another good rule?  NO POLITICS. I am as political as the next person, but this is a sports forum. If you want to talk about KO's sports commmentary, fine.  When you get into ideology and poltics, it really has no place.  There are other locations at Boston.com for that stuff. While I am at it, another good rule: NO POLITICS.
    Posted by chrisakawoody

Well said....How many times have I seen a post totaly unrelated to politics take a left turn and smack into it. This is a SPORTS forum people........

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

In Response to Re: Keith Olberman....... : Are you serious? He spent his first twenty years in journalism doing sports. He was first at CNN and then co-hosted SportsCenter when it was actually interesting - with Kenny Mayne, Dan Patrick, Rich Eisen... Actually one of the better broadcasts back then. My guess is that people hate him for his politics now and thus the vitriol towards his sports, but back in the 90's I don't remember such negativity about him.
    Posted by EnochRoot

Don't much care for Olbermann's "screen presence," and care absolutely nothing for his politics. That said, he's easy enough to avoid. Football night in America is virtually unwatchable, with or without Olbermann and I think it is probably more a relflection on me than it is of the on-air personalities, but there are very few talking heads I can even tolerate anymore.

But I didn't come here to tell you that.

I came here to tell you that it was this guy and his partner in smug, Dan Patrick, who engendered the notion that THEY were the show, not the highlights, and ESPN has been a wasteland of catch phrases and serial journalism -- and I use that term in its loosest possible connotation -- ever since.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

In Response to Keith Olberman.......:
    ......grates on my nerves. He almost ruins Sunday night football. I wish he would get off of sports TV.
    Posted by tfindian

The man is a waste of good air....and I do not mean airtime.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from achie. Show achie's posts

The awful content on Fox is real coverage of the Obama administration's lies, its association with commies, racists and other radical leftist extremists including ACORN, the refusal to honor the pledge of transparency etc., etc.   Obama and his sycophants on the left cannot bear to have anyone shine a light on what appears to have been the biggest con imaginable perpetrated on America. Why is Beck the one doing all of the heavy lifting when he isn't even a reporter? 
    Posted by HarryBallz

Errrrrm, I think you made a mistake here buddy. You meant to say BUSH and CHENEY'S administration's lies and..........................

Their records speak for volumes.....................think aagin!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

As mentioned in previous posts. Football night in America eats it. Politics aside..I made it through 5 minutes of that show in week 1 and that was it. The problem is you have every network trying to mimic what ESPN does during any kind of sports programming and what they fail to realize is that most people have come to despise what ESPN does. It didn't work with Dennis Miller or Tony Kornheiser either. Right now whenever you see Olberman the first thing that is going to pop into your mind is his politics no matter what side you're on. That being said..The guys an idiot, don't watch him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Sometimes I will stop by MSNBC to watch a few seconds of the biggest dork on TV and laugh, but I hate the guy so much I do not watch Sunday Nights in America at ALL!!!!!!! I hope NBC will get a clue how much money his dork face and stupid comments he is losing the Obama network, I mean NBC, my Bad. Go Pats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by raptor64d

Follow what this post says and you will soon see no more of KO. If no one watches, he goes bye-bye.

btw, I think the copter goes right side up

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

In Response to Re: Keith Olberman....... : Follow what this post says and you will soon see no more of KO. If no one watches, he goes bye-bye. btw, I think the copter goes right side up
    Posted by gmbill

Good point on not watching and trut me I can't and won't. By the way I was in the middle of a roll in the picture:)

Go Pats!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

Why do these tv commentators want so badly to host football talk. I didn't realize this guy was still on as I only have time to watch the Pat's game. 

I remember he was on with Cris Collinsworth and someone on the show was talking about when Cris was in the league. Olberman was like, you were a receiver?  What a dud. Talk about not doing your homework. You could feel the chill coming from Cris through the tv. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Wouldn't it be fun watching Olberman and Joe Buck working together? It would be the liars club of one-upsmanship.  They would be the first co-hosts beaten to death by their own camera crew.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

... and he deserves some credit for Obama's election victory. He's fine by me.....
    Posted by mountainmonkey

Yes it's always great for the country when the media gets a president elected.
    BTW what happened to tranparency and healthcare meetings on CSPAN??
    Why is it that ALL of the Czars have a FAR left agenda?
    Why is OUR Constitution being assaulted by the current Excutive Branch as well as the Congress? Then Barney introducing a bill whereby the Gov't can oust a company's governing board and the STOCK HOLDERS and take over that company.
    Yeah I'm real glad Olberman and the media got this guy and the rest of the idiots elected.......

Folks better watch out they are and I mean all of them are assaulting OUR Constitution.

Sorry for the soap box cra p but I couldn't stop myself.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoeLarryAndJesus. Show MoeLarryAndJesus's posts

In Response to Re: Keith Olberman....... : he's no different than Rush Limbaugh or Sean Hannity, but his delivery is nothing less than I am better than you because I am.
    Posted by underdogg

He's better than you because you're an idiot.

Sports comments sections always draw a lot of uneducated Republican morons out from under their rocks.  Go back there.

Why is it that most of the Keith O detractors here can't even spell "Olbermann"?  It's because they're stupid people with tiny little minds.  Stick with Beck and Limbaugh, wingnuts.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoeLarryAndJesus. Show MoeLarryAndJesus's posts

In Response to Re: Keith Olberman....... : Yes it's always great for the country when the media gets a president elected. BTW what happened to tranparency and healthcare meetings on CSPAN?? Why is it that ALL of the Czars have a FAR left agenda? Why is OUR Constitution being assaulted by the current Excutive Branch as well as the Congress? Then Barney introducing a bill whereby the Gov't can oust a company's governing board and the STOCK HOLDERS and take over that company. Yeah I'm real glad Olberman and the media got this guy and the rest of the idiots elected....... Folks better watch out they are and I mean all of them are assaulting OUR Constitution. Sorry for the soap box cra p but I couldn't stop myself.
    Posted by JimfromFlorida

Let's face it, your knowledge of the Constitution is smaller than that of the average illegal immigrant.  Like Hannity and Beck and the other loudmouths you get all of your information from you have no idea what you're talking about.

And you can't stop yourself because you have the impulse control of a brain-damaged 3 year old.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

In Response to Re: Keith Olberman....... : He's better than you because you're an idiot. Sports comments sections always draw a lot of uneducated Republican morons out from under their rocks.  Go back there. Why is it that most of the Keith O detractors here can't even spell "Olbermann"?  It's because they're stupid people with tiny little minds.  Stick with Beck and Limbaugh, wingnuts.
    Posted by MoeLarryAndJesus

Keith?  Is that you?  Forgive me if I misspelled your name.  If only I spent more time watching you, I might learn how to spell it.  

Listen Keith, if you tried a little more to not out-Hannity Hannity or out-Limbaugh Limbaugh, I might watch, but as long you throw yourself into their genre, you won't get my time.  

Funny thing is, as smart as you act like you are, I'd think you'd be more original, but really you're just a puppet on a string reacting to the finger play of others.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

In Response to Re: Keith Olberman....... : because he speaks the truth about the religious "incorrect"?
    Posted by Patsfansince1966

Can't stand the guy, he's a camel cr*p cranium (triple C/C cubed).  I think this way probably because I'm part of the religious "incorrect" and I can't stand the truth since you say he speaks the truth.............

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

If you're a right winger, you'll hate the guy.

If you're a leftist, you'll love him.

Is it any surprise this thread will degenerate into a politcal topic?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In Response to Re: Keith Olberman....... : Let's face it, your knowledge of the Constitution is smaller than that of the average illegal immigrant.  Like Hannity and Beck and the other loudmouths you get all of your information from you have no idea what you're talking about. And you can't stop yourself because you have the impulse control of a brain-damaged 3 year old.
    Posted by MoeLarryAndJesus

So Moe despite all the Constitutional Lawyers who are saying the Constitution is being assaulted by all of the pols I don't understand the Constitution.
    FYI the issue about healthcare is a STATES right not the Fedral Gov't. If congress passes it the law will immediately be challenged by Constitutional Lawyers. That is a fact.
    Moe please do not tell me you think having Barney Frank having the ability to remove the governing body and stockholders of a company is either good or constitutional.

BTW derogutory comments don't make your view more important. You obviously are far left and just wish to shut up opposing views kind of like Obama's people trying to shut out Fox news.
    As for Fox if you listen to Beck objectively he goes after all of them. He is a libertarian not a republican or democrat, liberal or conservative.

Hannity is a conservative with an opinion you do not have to agree with him. BTW he usually has democratic strategists on every one of his shows.
    Do you even think a conservative can get in the door at ABC, CBS, MSNBC or CNN??????

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

If you're a right winger, you'll hate the guy. If you're a leftist, you'll love him. Is it any surprise this thread will degenerate into a politcal topic?
    Posted by CubanPete

Nope - I dislike them all.  They are nothing more than opinionators, spinsters.  

What I would prefer, if we must have opinion, is some kind of point counter point show.  Hannity and O'Reilly (sp) may put opposing voices on air, but they control the show and the content, so the counter arguement is a facade at best.

For now, I think I'd almost prefer the mildly slanted news of the past vs. what the cables try to pass off as it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

In Response to Re: Keith Olberman....... : Nope - I dislike them all.  They are nothing more than opinionators, spinsters.   What I would prefer, if we must have opinion, is some kind of point counter point show.  Hannity and O'Reilly (sp) may put opposing voices on air, but they control the show and the content, so the counter arguement is a facade at best. For now, I think I'd almost prefer the mildly slanted news of the past vs. what the cables try to pass off as it.
    Posted by underdogg

Cable 'news' has little to do with factual news and everything to do with entertainment. Strangely one of the best sources of unbiased news I read is the Christian Science Monitor. Don't ask me why

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

In Response to Re: Keith Olberman....... : Yes it's always great for the country when the media gets a president elected. BTW what happened to tranparency and healthcare meetings on CSPAN?? Why is it that ALL of the Czars have a FAR left agenda? Why is OUR Constitution being assaulted by the current Excutive Branch as well as the Congress? Then Barney introducing a bill whereby the Gov't can oust a company's governing board and the STOCK HOLDERS and take over that company. Yeah I'm real glad Olberman and the media got this guy and the rest of the idiots elected....... Folks better watch out they are and I mean all of them are assaulting OUR Constitution. Sorry for the soap box cra p but I couldn't stop myself.
    Posted by JimfromFlorida

This is really funny coming from Florida a state that can't conduct a fair election, is the drug importation capital of the US. Try cleaning up your own right wing corrupt state befor you complain about the federal goverment.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

In Response to Re: Keith Olberman....... : Keith?  Is that you?  Forgive me if I misspelled your name.  If only I spent more time watching you, I might learn how to spell it.   Listen Keith, if you tried a little more to not out-Hannity Hannity or out-Limbaugh Limbaugh, I might watch, but as long you throw yourself into their genre, you won't get my time.   Funny thing is, as smart as you act like you are, I'd think you'd be more original, but really you're just a puppet on a string reacting to the finger play of others.
    Posted by underdogg

So being an obnoxious loud mouthed liar is your main requirement for news broadcasting?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In Response to Re: Keith Olberman....... : This is really funny coming from Florida a state that can't conduct a fair election, is the drug importation capital of the US. Try cleaning up your own right wing corrupt state befor you complain about the federal goverment.
    Posted by Evil2009

Hey Evil I lived in Mass for 45 years and got smart and got out.
    You do realize the best Gov and Sen to ever get elected in Ma were both republicans. Gov. Weld and Sen Brooke
    Still complaining about the election that the SJC actually agreed was valid?
    More drugs come through AZ, CA and Texas and through Canada as well.....get it right.

So no one can complain about the Feds if you think their state is corrupt? That is Obama thinking at it's best.

Wow that means the whole state of Mass can't say anything about the Feds.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

In Response to Re: Keith Olberman....... : Cable 'news' has little to do with factual news and everything to do with entertainment. Strangely one of the best sources of unbiased news I read is the Christian Science Monitor. Don't ask me why
    Posted by Evil2009

I know why, because it is frequently regarded as one of the better sources for news.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

In Response to Re: Keith Olberman....... : So being an obnoxious loud mouthed liar is your main requirement for news broadcasting?
    Posted by Evil2009

huh??

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Folks get Fox news right from 8 t0 11 there are 3 commentary shows O'Rielly, Hannity and Van Sustren. The shows from 6 am to 8 pm are all news programs where any commentary comes from the guests on different subjects. Every one of those instances has opposing sides of the issue.
    Rather than listening to others check it out and get it for yourself.
    I do and I don't always agree with the commentators side.
    However I do like to get BOTH sides and some time get a good laugh whne one of them gets caught in a lie or not coming close to answering a question.

There is a reason why Fox is leading all news/comentary all day every day.
    BTW an independent poll showed that the viewers were 40% Dem, 40% Rep and 20% Independent.
    Where as the other news networks were much more Left leaning in their demographics.

Sections
Shortcuts