Keith Olberman

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonMan4. Show BostonMan4's posts

Keith Olberman

I have always viewed him as one of the most self-centered, arrogant commentators in all of sports, but tonight he exceeded my expectations of his egocentricity. During the recap of the days games, he began reviewing the Pats-Jags. Following the showing of a completed touchdown pass from Brady to Moss, they showed the two on the bench laughing and shaking hands. Instead of simply letting the moment pass, Olberman decided to turn pregame into a TMZ episode by spouting out "Thats how it started with Bridgett Moynahan, I'm warning you now." Completely unnecessary and unprofessional. Why does he have this job? Who thought it was a good idea to hire and keep him around all this time? Has anyone ever heard him make an intelligent football related statement? ...Honestly

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

Re: Keith Olberman

He won't be back. Comedians have a one season life as sports broadcasters

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

He definitely is a Pats/Boston teams hater I can't watch him.

I tune in time to see Faith....MMmm

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZekeMowattreturns. Show ZekeMowattreturns's posts

Olberman is a clown.  Him and Pastor Dungy are the reason I dont watch Sunday night game until right at kickoff.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

what is this communist commenting on football for and bringing up the past, what a DumbAzz

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Italian Urban Dictionary: Che Jetzadoosh!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonMan4. Show BostonMan4's posts

I was excited to watch week 1 because of Rodney Harrison... Olberman has watered down any pre game show enjoyment to the point of making it hard to watch. He doesnt seem knowledgeable of football in any sense, and to say he's a "comedian", not even his commentating partners laugh at his jokes. Everyone seems to be sick of him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

the onlt think i like about NBC's games are faith hill, and collinsworth and michaels. the rest of that crew sux

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

Olberman doesn't know the game and he's not working out. I can't believe they still have him on because his "stir things up" style from his political show doesn't work for football. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

He's a JackA$$

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

We have been over this windbag before, I do not watch that show because of him, period! I hope he is not there and is only on MSNBC with his 50 or so fans.

Go Pats!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CharlestonDude. Show CharlestonDude's posts

Oberman and Patrick were a good SC team, but I can't watch the NBC pre or post game this year or in past years.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lightningbrain. Show lightningbrain's posts

Due to some insight I had this week regarding Hammering Hank being on TV, I have to say your question about Oberman is elementary.  He must know something terrible about someone who makes decisions.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ponyoto. Show ponyoto's posts

I think this discussion has been had already....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

He has a very annoying voice.  Just like Collinsworth.  Lots of annoying people on NBC now that I think about it ... Tiki, Dungy.  I don't know how Al Michaels puts up with all those D bags.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from razorwest. Show razorwest's posts

Olberman and Patrick invented off-the-cuff whacked-out commentary at ESPN.  To expect him to do differently would be irrational.  I'm guessing the majority of negativity against him here comes mostly from your political points of view.  Move on.  Get over yourselves.  NBC is not right-wing media and some people think that's a good thing.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

I stopped watching it cause of him. He ruined the show. Every show has a PATS hater it seems, but he is by far the worst.

Maybe we should petition the Globe to sponser us all in an online pregame show. Now thats a show I'll gladly tune into every week......even on the bye!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wendylee03. Show Wendylee03's posts

Wow, I cant believe what Im reading with these comments. Im guessing you people never watched D Patrick and Olberman when they first started. They were a slapstick style team about all sports not just football. Back then they were very enjoyable to watch and different, but that was 23 years ago and most likely the haters here have no clue about it.
    As for Patriot him being a Patriot hater, it goes with the Job, back in the 70's you had sportscasters that hated Dallas (Americas Team My Big But) then you had the Pittsburgh Haters and so on... Its called entertainment people, good guy, badd guy, lets talk trash and get the fans riled up? The same thing he does on his MSN show to anger the republicans, its all an act, geeeze are you people really blind?
    Let me clue you in on something.... shhhhhhhhh! you ready? ok, television, its all make believe entertainment, just like movies, sports,  Series shows. See they get you to watch then the advertisers throw in commericals to get you to buy things. Yeah and looks like its working here pretty good! Hey now go walk your doggie, he just pooped on the floor

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

We've had this discussion before, but I'll throw my two cents in anyway.

This guy and his partner in smug, Dan Patrick, ruined SportsCenter and ESPN by making the scores and highlights secondary to them handjobbing each other under the table. Oh sure, it was novel and cute at the time, but do you honestly think a guy like Stuart Scott has a job anywhere if Frick and Frack hadn't opened the door to the notion that the commentators are more important than the action? Aside from the occasional Sunday or Monday night game (now), I haven't watched ESPN in years, so I couldn't really tell you if they've returned to anything resembling an actual informational style, but I tend to doubt it. All the cleverosity and smirkiness simply turned me off to that network and it was Olbermann and his buddy who begat all that nonsense.

If I want my news handed to me with a heaping dose of tongue-in-cheek, I've got Comedy Central for that.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from angel3781. Show angel3781's posts

posted at 12/28/2009 12:15 AM EST
    First: 10/21/2009
    Last: 12/28/2009
    Olberman and Patrick invented off-the-cuff whacked-out commentary at ESPN.  To expect him to do differently would be irrational.  I'm guessing the majority of negativity against him here comes mostly from your political points of view.  Move on.  Get over yourselves.  NBC is not right-wing media and some people think that's a good thing.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Exactly, it's left wing media which is hardly an improvement if you ask me!
    And no, I'm willing to bet that most of the negative comments regarding Olberman centers around what some on this board view as a bias against the Patriots; and the stupid, immature comments that he tries to pass off as being witty.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

Olbo the Bobo is stuck in an eternal state of compensating. 

Tuesday, October 10, 2006
    Keith Olbermann Lousy In Bed
    From the NY Post:

A BROWN-haired beauty who claims she had an unsatisfying one-night stand with Keith Olbermann is getting her sweet revenge - she's launched a blog to warn other women about the acerbic MSNBC commentator's boorish bedroom habits.

The bitter babe, who calls herself KarmaBites1, says she doesn't want others "to fall into the same trap . . . and I want him to feel some remorse for what he's done .

She says [Keith Olbermann] came to her hotel room and opened a bottle of Merlot which he "spilled all over." Then, when "sexual activity began [in] less than an hour," Olbermann had difficulty. "I pretended he knew what he was doing," the embittered blogger writes. "I adored the guy. I didn't want him to think he was a dud in bed."

Six days later, she claims, Olbermann e-mailed her to tell her never to contact him again. "I practically begged him to explain what I did wrong. I told him I deserved some kind of explanation for such a dismissal, but I never heard from him again." She said she's since heard from six other women who say they had brief sexual relationships with Olbermann.

This is why he does the "Worst Person in the World" segment. He doesn't want the world to know he's perhaps got a little something to hide. 

Sections
Shortcuts