Kelly Done

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mooney12. Show Mooney12's posts

Kelly Done

http://m.patriots.com/news/article-1/Patriots-place-DT-Tommy-Kelly-on-IR-Sign-Josh-Kline-to-53-man-roster/47d0d987-5356-4297-9d54-9df59fcba47f

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mooney12. Show Mooney12's posts

Re: Kelly Done

In response to Mooney12's comment:

http://m.patriots.com/news/article-1/Patriots-place-DT-Tommy-Kelly-on-IR-Sign-Josh-Kline-to-53-man-roster/47d0d987-5356-4297-9d54-9df59fcba47f

Damn

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

Oops ya beat me to it! Kelly will be a tough loss.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTinMan. Show TheTinMan's posts

How can that be?  I was assured repeatedly this week that Kelly would be back after the bye week at the latest, that he only had a sprain, and that there was no way that RKarp was correct when he said he was hearing Kelly needed surgery.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

We are only half way through this year and boy has it been tough. But how in the world is this team 6-2 with a good shot at 7-2 after this weekend?

Is there some magic defense set that does not need DTs?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

Rusty definitely owes Rkarp a sincere apology.  I personally don't think he's capable of one that's not a backhanded insult.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

Unbelievable. Seriously what were the odds of losing both him and Vince to IR? How long Sopoaga last?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Another tough loss to our already depleted defense.  Not surprisingly though.  Rkarp posted this over a week ago.  Good info, again.  Hope the new guy is an able replacement.  go Pats!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

Good call Rkarp. Rusty is on the watch

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Rkarp was right. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

This stinks....the people who were bashing rkarp need to at some humble pie.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

You won't see rusty here apologize to rkarp. 

Rkarp was right. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Mayo, Wilfork, and now Kelly.

Not sure how many more of these we can survive. Only saving-grace is that every other team in the NFL seems to be getting injured at an alarming rate. 

These are tough to swallow. Really hard to remain optimistic going forward.

What a bummer.. pisses me off. This defense was top-5 in the league with those three players on the field. 

Not sure what we do going forward... Jones has been a pleasant surprise... ditto with Vellano. But that's all we have. Not sure that those three, plus Sopoaga can hold up for the remainder of the season. Any hopes of Armstead playing are being dashed, AFAIC. Even if the guy is healthy, I don't possibly see how he will be in adequate shape, or at an adequate weight to play. 

Geez... I'll continue to follow the team of course, but this is really, really rough.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:

Not sure how many more of these we can survive. Only saving-grace is that every other team in the NFL seems to be getting injured at an alarming rate. 

The final straw would be Talib.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

Yeah, no doubt. So long as Talib is healthy, I suppose this defense has a chance. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to TheTinMan's comment:

How can that be?  I was assured repeatedly this week that Kelly would be back after the bye week at the latest, that he only had a sprain, and that there was no way that RKarp was correct when he said he was hearing Kelly needed surgery.

And on and on it goes with these damn injuries. It's been such a frustrating season, with the AFC championship there for the taking: http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/9917993/new-england-patriots-place-tommy-kelly-season-ending-ir 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Yeah, no doubt. So long as Talib is healthy, I suppose this defense has a chance. 

Would be huge to win tomorrow and come away with no injuries. They get the bye and Vereen back and hopefully a healthy talib. It would aslo give them some time to work with Vereen, Gronk, Amendola and the rooks all on the field together. Get past tomorrow and we are looking at a really interesting 2nd half of the season.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Would be huge to win tomorrow and come away with no injuries. They get the bye and Vereen back and hopefully a healthy talib. It would aslo give them some time to work with Vereen, Gronk, Amendola and the rooks all on the field together. Get past tomorrow and we are looking at a really interesting 2nd half of the season.

Yeah, there are certainly players on this team who are very talented (and not yet injured). 

I just have no idea what they're going to do at DT. 

Sopoaga will be fine here. Starter going forward. Jones offers a lot, but is softer against the run. Vellano is a poor-man's Jones. Only guys behind those two are Forston and Armstead, the latter of whom may never see the field this season. 

They can withstand the loss of Mayo at LB... lots of depth there, and Fletcher, Spikes, Hightower, and Collins can play. Once Talib returns, the secondary is intact. The DEs are fine.

The interior DL though is very concerning. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

In response to MattC05's comment:

Rusty definitely owes Rkarp a sincere apology.  I personally don't think he's capable of one that's not a backhanded insult.

True. The vomit inducing pimple popper doesn't have the nads or the decency to offer up and apology.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Yeah, there are certainly players on this team who are very talented (and not yet injured). 

I just have no idea what they're going to do at DT. 

Sopoaga will be fine here. Starter going forward. Jones offers a lot, but is softer against the run. Vellano is a poor-man's Jones. Only guys behind those two are Forston and Armstead, the latter of whom may never see the field this season. 

They can withstand the loss of Mayo at LB... lots of depth there, and Fletcher, Spikes, Hightower, and Collins can play. Once Talib returns, the secondary is in tact. The DEs are fine.

The interior DL though is very concerning. 

Agree, it is concerning but I trust that based on the opponent they will scheme their way around the  issue. Of their remaining opponents Carolina, Houston and Baltimore seemed the most equipped to try and exploit them with the run between the tackles. I am sure they will come up with something to try and slow them down.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Wow, sign on for a quick second and see this news. I have no doubt on Rkarps info. He is an inside source and has been right about this stuff in the past and imo it's reflected in his posting during preseason evaluation. Clearly Rkarp has seen the team practice and does work around the team. Guess some need to eat crow and not just Rusty but Don'tSleepOnThePats and I remember Quag getting on him quite a bit 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

What a bummer.. pisses me off. This defense was top-5 in the league with those three players on the field. 

Not sure what we do going forward... Jones has been a pleasant surprise... ditto with Vellano. But that's all we have. Not sure that those three, plus Sopoaga can hold up for the remainder of the season. Any hopes of Armstead playing are being dashed, AFAIC. Even if the guy is healthy, I don't possibly see how he will be in adequate shape, or at an adequate weight to play. 

Geez... I'll continue to follow the team of course, but this is really, really rough.

Yeah, I think we'll all continue to hope for the best, but this is horrible.  You need some vets with experience.

And the sobering reality is that the guys that come back or are back already have a history of being out for stretches of games.  What are the chances that all these guys remain healthy for the rest of the season when/after they return?

Amendola, Gronk, Vereen, Talib, Edelman

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Rkarp was right. "

Yup which means someone else was wrong, hmm who could that be?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Nah, he will disappear until Monday and then say he told us so. He was much more belligerent with the name calling, the putting words in my mouth etc when I stated facts on Ballard and AWilson this summer. The Kelly info came from a really reliable person that is very close to the players. I really know nothing on these situations, just write what I hear. Sometimes it is correct, sometimes not. I dont put it out as fact or "inside info", just something to discuss. Nitwits like Harvey and Cartoon Head (Quagmire) seem to take any Pats news personally....

• You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Horrible news!!

However I was sadly expecting it because rkarp let us all in on this possibility over a week ago.  Actually not a possibility, rkarp pretty much told us it was a done deal, and once again he was correct.

I tell you, I have been singing the praises of rkarp and his info for a while now and I appreciate what a good forum member he is and for sharing info with us.  Rusty likes to spin it as rkarp trying to get some type of personal gain from doing so, I don't see it.  I see him as a guy who comes here to talk football and if he happens to hear or see something then he shares it with us.  Nothing more, nothing less.

And it pretty much looks like rkarp continues to own Rusty, and a few others who question him.  You guys look like fools.  Thanks rkarp for all the info, and keep up the good work.  If Rusty has any dignity left he better be over here apologizing to rkarp.

• Sections
    Shortcuts