Notice: All Boston.com forums will be retired as of May 31st, 2016 and will not be archived. Thank you for your participation in this community, and we hope you continue to enjoy other content at Boston.com.

Kelly Washington

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

Kelly Washington

Im just wondering why the pats didn't hang onto him. I mean, why try the greg lewis experiment? Maybe I am over rating him but it seems to me that he would have been a good replacement for gaffney.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Re: Kelly Washington

In Response to Kelly Washington:

Im just wondering why the pats didn't hang onto him. I mean, why try the greg lewis experiment? Maybe I am over rating him but it seems to me that he would have been a good replacement for gaffney.  
    Posted by steve1581

He was a beast as a gunner on special teams, but had 1 reception for 3 yards in 24 career games as a Patriot. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

Agreed, just couldn't get any field time. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Greg Lewis is a better WR then Washington and it was that simple.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Washington is doing quite well for himself in Baltimore.  I think he's the 3rd receiver?  OK, so he's not a 1 or 2 but he's proving himself to be better at receiving than he was with the Pats.  Was it lack of skill or lack of opportunity?  BB is a great coach, but if there is any one position on the team where he has shown mediocre evaluation skills, it's at WR.  I think he basically said that much a while back in a press conference.  It was part of the justification for going after established vets.

In Bill I trust*

* except at WR

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sonieboy. Show sonieboy's posts

In Response to Re: Kelly Washington:
    Washington is doing quite well for himself in Baltimore.  I think he's the 3rd receiver?  OK, so he's not a 1 or 2 but he's proving himself to be better at receiving than he was with the Pats.  Was it lack of skill or lack of opportunity?  BB is a great coach, but if there is any one position on the team where he has shown mediocre evaluation skills, it's at WR.  I think he basically said that much a while back in a press conference.  It was part of the justification for going after established vets. In Bill I trust* * except at WR
    Posted by carawaydj
    f my memory serves me correctly I belive Washington is on the IR for the rest of the season.

Sections
Shortcuts