Kenbrell Tompkins appreciation

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Kenbrell Tompkins appreciation

Kenbrell Thompkins had six catches for 127 yards and a touchdown in Sunday night's Week 4 win over the Falcons.

He was targeted a team-high 11 times. Thompkins dropped a pass early in the game, but made an impressive 49-yard catch over the top of William Moore in the first half. His touchdown came on a 18-yard pass from Tom Brady in the fourth quarter. Thompkins has now scored in back-to-back games and is on pace for 60 receptions, 1,028 yards, and 12 touchdowns.

Sep 30 - 1:36 AM

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: Kenbrell Tompkins appreciation

But tom brady deserves sooooo much better.   If you believe this please smash your fAce into your fist. sorry I am using my ladies shyt pad.. I mean iPad to write this,n pfft....  just don't wantnto use the lap top down stairs at the moment. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Still no love for the guy?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

He is raw, but learning quick.  Hope he stays healthy and keeps getting time.  It will be interesting to see where he is wk 16.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

It's a miracle that KT came along this season.  Imagine what Brady could have done with a wideout like him his whole career.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

But tom brady deserves sooooo much better.   If you believe this please smash your fAce into your fist. sorry I am using my ladies shyt pad.. I mean iPad to write this,n pfft....  just don't wantnto use the lap top down stairs at the moment. 

Ya know you got a lotta posts on here talking about smashing or punching people in the face....ya got some unresolved issues we can help ya with?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

That TD catch he made was tremendous. I think he will cut down on drops as he gets more comfortable.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to themightypatriots' comment:

It's a miracle that KT came along this season.  Imagine what Brady could have done with a wideout like him his whole career.

Talk about a diamond in the rough with KT.  He absolutely torched my Hokies last year and we had a Top 10 defense.  This kid is going to really be something special.  It's week 4 and it already seems like him and Brady have developed quite the connection.  Boyce looks like he can be electric in the open field, too.  Dobson has showed some promise.  Get Danny, Gronk and Vereen back healthy at the end of the year and I am LOVING this offense's chances in the playoffs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

[QUOTE]

Ya know you got a lotta posts on here talking about smashing or punching people in the face....ya got some unresolved issues we can help ya with?

[/QUOTE]

LOL, I never looked at it like that... plus is 2 really a lot?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure...my degree is Chemistry so I'm not a Psychologist but my rates are much cheaper so I could provide some counseling if you think it would be helpful....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

The guy's got game and showed it last night.  Great performance.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure...my degree is Chemistry so I'm not a Psychologist but my rates are much cheaper so I could provide some counseling if you think it would be helpful....

[/QUOTE]

I may have to take you up on that, but if i punch you in the face... you knew that was  a possibility...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I may have to take you up on that, but if i punch you in the face... you knew that was  a possibility...

[/QUOTE]

I have professional insurance.....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

I wish I got the Microsoft tablet.  This is an ok toy but I expected better

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to bostatewarrior's comment:

I wish I got the Microsoft tablet.  This is an ok toy but I expected better

It is a smart phone that is bigger, which still lacks a keyboard and practicality.  Tablets really are only good for air planes IMO.  I like real computers.  I dunno about the Microsoft tablet.. I'd probably go Android first.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Tompkins is progressing nicely. He still needs work, like that 13yrd in cut that he dropped, but he's progressed solidly. I love how he fights for the ball. For the most part he still needs to work on not rounding routes and catching with his hands and not his body but for a rook he's been very impressive. Much more so than Dobson (I hope he's alright, any word yet?) and Boyce.

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Tompkins is progressing nicely. He still needs work, like that 13yrd in cut that he dropped, but he's progressed solidly. I love how he fights for the ball. For the most part he still needs to work on not rounding routes and catching with his hands and not his body but for a rook he's been very impressive. Much more so than Dobson (I hope he's alright, any word yet?) and Boyce.

It seemed as though he turned around just a half second too late, and he just got his hands on the ball... But that timing seems to be improving everyday.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Thompkins seems to let the ball get to his body more so than use his hands. i think if he can approve on catching the ball with his hands it will allow him to be more under control after the catch and allow him more oppotunity for YAC.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

Thompkins seems to let the ball get to his body more so than use his hands. i think if he can approve on catching the ball with his hands it will allow him to be more under control after the catch and allow him more oppotunity for YAC.

True, but Troy Brown always caught with his body.  Whatever works just get better at it is all we can ask for...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

It seemed as though he turned around just a half second too late, and he just got his hands on the ball... But that timing seems to be improving everyday.  

[/QUOTE]

Yeah I do think it's a timing thing but I also think if he ran slightly sharper routes he could get his head around quicker. Right now I think he's still concerned about find the open spot to go after the catch instead of thinking about the catch first. Not sure how much confindence he has that he's actually open at that point. Slightly sharper routes might give him that confidence to look for the ball instead of looking for the open space. I noticed this about him. He's always looking for the next step before finishing his first one. That should be corrected over time but he still has a couple of things to work on.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah I do think it's a timing thing but I also think if he ran slightly sharper routes he could get his head around quicker. Right now I think he's still concerned about find the open spot to go after the catch instead of thinking about the catch first. Not sure how much confindence he has that he's actually open at that point. Slightly sharper routes might give him that confidence to look for the ball instead of looking for the open space. I noticed this about him. He's always looking for the next step before finishing his first one. That should be corrected over time but he still has a couple of things to work on.

[/QUOTE]

Good analysis... I see what you're saying.  It's going to be great if we can get a healthy Amen, Edelman and KT outside, with a healthy Gronk up the seam... I hope it happens sooner than later.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

I Know you all caught Chris Collingsworth echoing my statment about KT looking like a young Chad Johnson right?  Thank you....  Felt good to be acknowledged.

Where is Russ today??  Im really starting to think he isnt a pats fan. Why isnt he here after a Huge win like that?

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

I Know you all caught Chris Collingsworth echoing my statment about KT looking like a young Chad Johnson right?  Thank you....  Felt good to be acknowledged.

Where is Russ today??  Im really starting to think he isnt a pats fan. Why isnt he here after a Huge win like that?

Samehere man... I believe we both made the point during training camp, and Collinsworth actually said TB is reminded of Johnson when watching KT...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

That move he put on him, faking outside then shifting in was pure Chad Johnson back in the day. With his body if he can learn to box out CB's and generate consistent separation with some footwork he's going to be very dangerous. I'm still concerning that we are going to have to rely on him completely this year by the playoffs. Not because I don't think he's improving, he is, but I don't have any faith any rook can go an entire year without hitting that wall. I'm just hopeful both Amendola and Gronk are healthy come Jan because we are going to need them

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Samehere man... I believe we both made the point during training camp, and Collinsworth actually said TB is reminded of Johnson when watching KT...

Yep, I love how he said Brady just walked up to him the 1st time like "whats up KT?" as if they had known each other for years. Even used my nickname I gave him...lol

I told folks back in august that KT looked like the # 1 WR. I still like Dobson, but its clear KT has all the tools for a # 1 and just needs polish. An offseason on the jugs and this guy is gonna be Very Good!

Sections
Shortcuts