Kenbrell Tompkins appreciation

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Re: Kenbrell Tompkins appreciation

In response to Getzo's comment:

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

Thompkins seems to let the ball get to his body more so than use his hands. i think if he can approve on catching the ball with his hands it will allow him to be more under control after the catch and allow him more oppotunity for YAC.

True, but Troy Brown always caught with his body.  Whatever works just get better at it is all we can ask for...

There are situations when the body catcher are better. In traffic, I like the guys who have a natural instinct to always move their upper body to where the ball is going vs the guy who tries to reach for the ball with his hands away from his body.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

KT was great. He's still dropping some catchable passes. But on one of them, it was a rookie mistake ... he made a move ona  CB that he didn't need to make  that made the catch more difficult.

But, who has covered this guy?

NE has faced some real premium defenses so far (Buffalo notwithstanding) and KT is just open all the time.

It's exiting watching him and Dobson coming along. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

Thompkins seems to let the ball get to his body more so than use his hands. i think if he can approve on catching the ball with his hands it will allow him to be more under control after the catch and allow him more oppotunity for YAC.

True, but Troy Brown always caught with his body.  Whatever works just get better at it is all we can ask for...

There are situations when the body catcher are better. In traffic, I like the guys who have a natural instinct to always move their upper body to where the ball is going vs the guy who tries to reach for the ball with his hands away from his body.  

Wes is a body catcher with small hands. The problems for him come when he gets that spit second undecision and gets caught trying to jump Just to catch with his body and at the last minute tries to use his hands and he drops it. Ive always said it. Wes is a great WR, but he has bad hands. Over 75% of his catches are body catches. They are great but I think every WR should have the ability to hands catch. Look at Tony G. All hands catches. If he catches with his body, he drops half those. Randy was GREAT at Both!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Nice cuts, breaks and decent speed and some seperation. Maybe he faces Talib in practice. Hands are only okay, but they can improve. Important thing is that the timing is getting there and imagine what happens when the Pats O lines Vereen out wide. Yikes!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I'll never be a fan of his and will always want Boyce and Dobson to usurp him in the depth chart, but he had a great game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

I'll never be a fan of his and will always want Boyce and Dobson to usurp him in the depth chart, but he had a great game.

Really?  Why's that?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Really?  Why's that?

check out his avatar. Another TFB who is more a fan of a player and not the team I guess. I dont care WHO catches the darn ball. Just catch it!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I think all three of the rookie receivers have some real talent, it will be nice to see how far they can develop before Vareen and Gronk get back. I like what they were saying about Thompkins last night...how Brady said the kid walked through the doors like he was a first round draft pick with so much confidence, work ethic, etc. He looks like the type of player that will be even better once he figures a few more things out and gains 5 pounds of muscle.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I think all three of the rookie receivers have some real talent, it will be nice to see how far they can develop before Vareen and Gronk get back. I like what they were saying about Thompkins last night...how Brady said the kid walked through the doors like he was a first round draft pick with so much confidence, work ethic, etc. He looks like the type of player that will be even better once he figures a few more things out and gains 5 pounds of muscle.

I have said exactly the samethings...  I agree 100%. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Really?  Why's that?

check out his avatar. Another TFB who is more a fan of a player and not the team I guess. I dont care WHO catches the darn ball. Just catch it!

I know but TK has shown waaaay more then the other two. Curious towards his reasoning.  If anything I do see Dobson having more raw talent and ability, Boyce is def a burner and athletic, but KT seems more natural.. at least that's IMO. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

I Know you all caught Chris Collingsworth echoing my statment about KT looking like a young Chad Johnson right?  Thank you....  Felt good to be acknowledged.

Where is Russ today??  Im really starting to think he isnt a pats fan. Why isnt he here after a Huge win like that?

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

That move he put on him, faking outside then shifting in was pure Chad Johnson back in the day. With his body if he can learn to box out CB's and generate consistent separation with some footwork he's going to be very dangerous. I'm still concerning that we are going to have to rely on him completely this year by the playoffs. Not because I don't think he's improving, he is, but I don't have any faith any rook can go an entire year without hitting that wall. I'm just hopeful both Amendola and Gronk are healthy come Jan because we are going to need them

His grab above the the CB tells me he is not far from figuring that out.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to nyjetsssucc's comment:

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

But tom brady deserves sooooo much better.   If you believe this please smash your fAce into your fist. sorry I am using my ladies shyt pad.. I mean iPad to write this,n pfft....  just don't wantnto use the lap top down stairs at the moment. 

I am on the crapper on my smart phone. Appreciation for thompkins can be had from any locale.  

How about edelman leading the nfl in receptions too? Absolutely priceless to rub that in the welkerites' faces.

Thank God that communication technology hasn't improved to the point we have smellophones...

KT is quickly becoming the man...and I don't want anyone repeating the comparisons to Chad Johnson....KT is actually smarter than OchoStinko because he understand what TB wants a WR to do...he's ahead of the game in  that respect as far as I'm concerned...great play by KT...

The comparison is how he looks out there.  They way he runs and his mannerisms...  they look alike out there - Body frame even though KT is a bit smaller muscle wise.  As far as brains, that cannot be seen and we get your point. 

Regardless, being compared to someone who has

RECYDSTD 766 11,059 67

Is not exactly a bad starting point, but rather flattering I'd assume. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tg19pats07. Show tg19pats07's posts

KT played great last night, love he fact hat he does not quit after a bad play. He keeps his head in he game and remains focused. I am a big fan of Dobson, love the way he blocks and how he alway appears open. KT and Dobson ar going to growinto a really good 1-2 receiving core

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to tg19pats07's comment:

KT played great last night, love he fact hat he does not quit after a bad play. He keeps his head in he game and remains focused. I am a big fan of Dobson, love the way he blocks and how he alway appears open. KT and Dobson ar going to growinto a really good 1-2 receiving core

Right, and let's not forget that Amendola will be coming back and i wonder if they can keep Edelman after this year.... Throw in Boyce and the receiving core is solid 1-5 really.. IF healthy. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

I love the kid's mental toughness, yes he makes mistakes, but he bounces back in a big way.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Really?  Why's that?

Dobson adds length and can become a major redzone target, Boyce's measurables remind a lot of Vic Cruz and Cruz is my favorite WR. If Boyce can become Victor Cruz, or anything similar to him, the Pats are going to be deadly.

Thompkins? He's at his ceiling, only way he can get better is by catching the ball better and getting in sync with Tom more.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Really?  Why's that?

I'll never hate Kenbrell, hate his name though, but he'll never be my favorite. If Boyce or Dobson go to another team, I wouldn' question BB. I'm a fan of the Pats first, then everyone else.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Really?  Why's that?

I know but TK has shown waaaay more then the other two. Curious towards his reasoning.  If anything I do see Dobson having more raw talent and ability, Boyce is def a burner and athletic, but KT seems more natural.. at least that's IMO. 

He's older, more mature and has a better understanding of the game. Dobson is 22 and Boyce is 23.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjbag. Show jjbag's posts

The kid has good upside, but has to learn to catch the easy ones with out the double dribble. Once he can catch easy ones in stride without juggling them i'll be much higher on him than i am currrently and trust me I am Very high on him.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

The dude is progressing.  Is my Boy Sims still on the PS?  If Dobson can't go we may see him get a promotion especially if Danny isn't ready.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

The dude is progressing.  Is my Boy Sims still on the PS?  If Dobson can't go we may see him get a promotion especially if Danny isn't ready.

He's a FA.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Looking a lot better than he did, but still needs to be consistent.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

[/QUOTE]

He's a FA.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks man.

Sections
Shortcuts