Kenny Britt taking a visit to NE tmrw

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Kenny Britt taking a visit to NE tmrw

Ian Rapoport@RapSheet 38s

WR Kenny Britt, who visited the #Rams today, is heading to New England to visit the #Patriots tomorrow, source says.

and there we go another WR option starting to get pondered

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: Kenny Britt taking a visit to NE tmrw

Good news

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

WR Kenny Britt, who visited the #Rams today, is heading to New England to visit the #Patriots tomorrow, source says.

Right put his in that thread, bro.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Boom or bust. Worth a dice roll, big talent.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stewart7557. Show stewart7557's posts

This guy is bad news. I would be surprised if kraft signed off on this.

On April 12, 2011 Britt was arrested in New Jersey on three counts (including a felony) following an alleged car chase with police. The charges were later reduced. On June 7, Britt pled guilty to careless driving and was fined. On June 8, 2012, Britt was arrested in Hoboken, NJ, charged with resisting arrest. On January 13, 2013, Britt's close personal friend was involved in a stabbing, and reportedly drove him to the Jersey City Medical Center. When police attempted to ask Britt about the incident, he was allegedly not willing to cooperate. The incident marks the ninth time Britt was involved with police since he joined the NFL.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Nice player. Former Tennessee Titans 1st rounder out of Rutgers.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Boom or bust. Worth a dice roll, big talent.

Or big trouble... has all the physical tools except the one between his ears.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

After Hernandez, I doubt they leave much room for error on this one.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SANPAT. Show SANPAT's posts

Did someone say he is from Rutgers? we all know what happens next...no more point in debating....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Could have a monster year with Brady.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

I'm sure BB's friendship with Schiano was important in bringing him in for a visit...Schiano must have recruited and coached him and knows what he's about, probably they feel the NE locker room would be helpful...not everyone with cop issues have cop "issues" like AH the mass murderer...As I recall, Randy Moss had cop issues too.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kylerocks. Show kylerocks's posts

He's got to look for the best place to resurrect his NFL career if he's going to have one and the best place to do that is here in NE.  He's clearly been a moron but does possess elite WR skills. If he can get his head screwed on straight he's our Demarious Thomas.  As long as it's an incentive laden team friendly deal I think it's totally worth it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

If he says all the right things during his interview and can demonstrate a willingness to work hard to perfect his craft he won't get out of Foxboro, conversely if he comes in thinking his s hit don't stink then he won't be there past lunch.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

I smell a no nonsense contract here...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

I'd say consider this a done deal.  1 year / 2 mil. with escalators to be 3.2

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

I was excited until I looked at his stats. Definitely on the cheap if he's coming! There has to be someone better than this out there. The Pats should be pleading with Wilfork to stay and signing Jared Allen. Let's concentrate on building the MONSTER D first.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

In response to stewart7557's comment:

This guy is bad news. I would be surprised if kraft signed off on this.

On April 12, 2011 Britt was arrested in New Jersey on three counts (including a felony) following an alleged car chase with police. The charges were later reduced. On June 7, Britt pled guilty to careless driving and was fined. On June 8, 2012, Britt was arrested in Hoboken, NJ, charged with resisting arrest. On January 13, 2013, Britt's close personal friend was involved in a stabbing, and reportedly drove him to the Jersey City Medical Center. When police attempted to ask Britt about the incident, he was allegedly not willing to cooperate. The incident marks the ninth time Britt was involved with police since he joined the NFL.

Have we not learned our lesson with Hernandez. Kenny Britt sounds like a complete idiot.  I am going to have to vote no on this one.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

In response to jam757's comment:

I was excited until I looked at his stats. Definitely on the cheap if he's coming! There has to be someone better than this out there. The Pats should be pleading with Wilfork to stay and signing Jared Allen. Let's concentrate on building the MONSTER D first.

Jared Allen is asking for too much money. I don't think there will be anymore major additions on the defensive side until the draft. Time to get the some O (WR and OL) and low risk big reward players now.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

In response to APpats22's comment:

Jared Allen is asking for too much money. I don't think there will be anymore major additions on the defensive side until the draft. Time to get the some O (WR and OL) and low risk big reward players now.

You may be right but it's fun to dream! Peppers got a MASSIVE amount which was surprising except that it was the Green Bay. I think Tommy boy needs to call up Vince and calm him down and work this thing out. The Pats don't need another large hole to fill on D. We all saw the rush D after big Vince went down.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Britt has that number one intangibles.  

6'3 220, runs a 4.5.  

At just 25 years old, he's the most talented FA WR easily.  Probably more talent than Decker. He never played consistently due to injuries, and police troubles.  Talent is not in question.  It's off field concerns why he's still a FA.  

No one came calling, and that's why BB finally reached out - most likely after speaking with Schiano. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

6'3 220, runs a 4.5.  

At just 25 years old, he's the most talented FA WR easily.  Probably more talent than Decker. He never played consistently due to injuries, and police troubles.  Talent is not in question.  It's off field concerns why he's still a FA.  

No one came calling, and that's why BB finally reached out - most likely after speaking with Schiano.  

Britt has seemingly never fully recovered from a knee injury, suffered in 2011. But, he's only 25 years old, is 6'3", 225lbs., and supposedly can still run.  Off field incidents have all but ruined him. Might he be another AH?:

On April 12, 2011 Britt was arrested in New Jersey on three counts (including a felony) following an alleged car chase with police. The charges were later reduced.[8] On June 7, Britt pled guilty to careless driving and was fined.[9] On June 8, 2012, Britt was arrested in Hoboken, NJ, charged with resisting arrest.[10] On January 13, 2013, Britt's close personal friend was involved in a stabbing, and reportedly drove him to the Jersey City Medical Center. When police attempted to ask Britt about the incident, he was allegedly not willing to cooperate. The incident marks the ninth time Britt was involved with police since he joined the NFL.[11]

Has big talent...but has big risks. I can sense BB offering him a one year deal, upon the recommendation of Greg Schiano, Britt's college coach at Rutgers.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

In response to Getzo's comment:

6'3 220, runs a 4.5.  

Britt has seemingly never fully recovered from a knee injury, suffered in 2011. But, he's only 25 years old, is 6'3", 225lbs., and supposedly can still run.  Off field incidents have all but ruined him. Might he be another AH?:

On April 12, 2011 Britt was arrested in New Jersey on three counts (including a felony) following an alleged car chase with police. The charges were later reduced.[8] On June 7, Britt pled guilty to careless driving and was fined.[9] On June 8, 2012, Britt was arrested in Hoboken, NJ, charged with resisting arrest.[10] On January 13, 2013, Britt's close personal friend was involved in a stabbing, and reportedly drove him to the Jersey City Medical Center. When police attempted to ask Britt about the incident, he was allegedly not willing to cooperate. The incident marks the ninth time Britt was involved with police since he joined the NFL.[11]

Has big talent...but has big risks. I can sense BB offering him a one year deal, upon the recommendation of Greg Schiano, Britt's college coach at Rutgers.

So, we concur.   

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

Nice player. Former Tennessee Titans 1st rounder out of Rutgers.

Is there something in the water at Rutgers, like a Patriots prospect potion?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Is Britt off the table now that we have signed LaFell?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

Is Britt off the table now that we have signed LaFell?

Britt would come here for like... 1 year 1.5 Mil i bet so I'd say no.. like he's just that cheap. but the LaFell deal did slow the chances of this. but there's also a huge possibilty of Britt not being signed anywhere til camp, where BB could bring him in then

Sections
Shortcuts