Kenny Britt taking a visit to NE tmrw

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Re: Kenny Britt taking a visit to NE tmrw

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Is Britt off the table now that we have signed LaFell?

[/QUOTE]

I don't see why if they can get him on a prove it deal to come in and compete.

Pats often sign a bunch of guys to comepete at WR and then let them sort it out for themselve on the field.

Guess we'll see...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I guess I'm not the only one disappointed with our Rookie WR's.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommyContrarianOnTwitter. Show CommyContrarianOnTwitter's posts

In response to stewart7557's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

[QUOTE]

Ian Rapoport@RapSheet 38s

WR Kenny Britt, who visited the #Rams today, is heading to New England to visit the #Patriots tomorrow, source says.

and there we go another WR option starting to get pondered

[/QUOTE]

This guy is bad news. I would be surprised if kraft signed off on this.

On April 12, 2011 Britt was arrested in New Jersey on three counts (including a felony) following an alleged car chase with police. The charges were later reduced. On June 7, Britt pled guilty to careless driving and was fined. On June 8, 2012, Britt was arrested in Hoboken, NJ, charged with resisting arrest. On January 13, 2013, Britt's close personal friend was involved in a stabbing, and reportedly drove him to the Jersey City Medical Center. When police attempted to ask Britt about the incident, he was allegedly not willing to cooperate. The incident marks the ninth time Britt was involved with police since he joined the NFL.

[/QUOTE]

but its been over a whole year without incident. if healthy and catch the ball, will take him in a heartbveat.. just keep away from herny places!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Appears as though BB is ratcheting up the camp competition at wideout.  Kid has lots of talent but hasn't done much since he's been in the league.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I would hope the pats stay away from this guy.

no question on his physical attributes and potential, he could be a pro bowl WR here. But Pats need to look past that. A one way contract of cutting him if he gets into trouble, and the pats wipe their hands of any responsibility and let the police handle it is not good enough in my opinion. This player is known trouble, and it is the pats responsibility to not bring him into the community. 

Sure, people change, can be rehabilitated etc, etc....not here. Sorry.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Appears as though BB is ratcheting up the camp competition at wideout.  Kid has lots of talent but hasn't done much since he's been in the league.

[/QUOTE]

The kid has talent to die for. Sure, bringing him in is a risk. But, in order to surpass Denver, risks must be taken. Bring the kid in...and let's give Tom some more raw talent to work with. We don't know whether Aaron Dobson is going to fully recover from his stress fracture issues. Britt provides insurance.

If Britt turns into the second coming of Randy Moss, than the Pats have that deep threat they need to keep defenses honest. None of their current WRs, included the newly signed Brandon LaFell, have this ability. Britt does. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The kid has talent to die for. Sure, bringing him in is a risk. But, in order to surpass Denver, risks must be taken. Bring the kid in...and let's give Tom some more raw talent to work with. We don't know whether Aaron Dobson is going to fully recover from his stress fracture issues. Britt provides insurance.

If Britt turns into the second coming of Randy Moss, than the Pats have that deep threat they need to keep defenses honest. None of their current WRs, included the newly signed Brandon LaFell, have this ability. Britt does. 

[/QUOTE]

There's more to it than wins and losses however. I assume by your handle, you don't live here ( I assume Texas). I live in the same community as Hern. Lots of kids here. Ride their bikes past his house, look up to him, follow his truck when he drives thru. don't react to potential trouble, be proactive....the pats can hide behind the legal system and take zero responsibility to the Hern situation...but to state they didn't know the extent of Brits troubles would be bold face lies...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

There's more to it than wins and losses however. I assume by your handle, you don't live here ( I assume Texas). I live in the same community as Hern. Lots of kids here. Ride their bikes past his house, look up to him, follow his truck when he drives thru. don't react to potential trouble, be proactive....the pats can hide behind the legal system and take zero responsibility to the Hern situation...but to state they didn't know the extent of Brits troubles would be bold face lies...

[/QUOTE]

There's no question that Britt has had more than his share of off field issues.  Saw reference to him having been 'involved with police 9 times since he joined NFL.'  That's quite a bit and there's no question that any team that signs him will be taking a risk on several levels. 

I suspect that this may be one signing (if it happens) where Robert Kraft will be consulted before it becomes a done deal. 

The question in my mind:  Is the potential reward worth the risk? 

Some will say yes, others no. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

It would suprise me as well if they signed him but you never know. I guess the fact that he's coming here at all means they are considering it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to jam757's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to APpats22's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to jam757's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I was excited until I looked at his stats. Definitely on the cheap if he's coming! There has to be someone better than this out there. The Pats should be pleading with Wilfork to stay and signing Jared Allen. Let's concentrate on building the MONSTER D first.

[/QUOTE]

Jared Allen is asking for too much money. I don't think there will be anymore major additions on the defensive side until the draft. Time to get the some O (WR and OL) and low risk big reward players now.

[/QUOTE]

You may be right but it's fun to dream! Peppers got a MASSIVE amount which was surprising except that it was the Green Bay. I think Tommy boy needs to call up Vince and calm him down and work this thing out. The Pats don't need another large hole to fill on D. We all saw the rush D after big Vince went down.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but will he be 100% after tearing an Achilles like that? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

There's no question that Britt has had more than his share of off field issues.  Saw reference to him having been 'involved with police 9 times since he joined NFL.'  That's quite a bit and there's no question that any team that signs him will be taking a risk on several levels. 

I suspect that this may be one signing (if it happens) where Robert Kraft will be consulted before it becomes a done deal. 

[/QUOTE]

What do you say? ....I believe you are a reasonable person.

I think they have two "hard to handle" personalities in Revis & Browner.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The reward is ALWAYS worth the risk until something happens....Britt went from Schiano in college to Fischer in the NFL and both those coaches are connected with BB. Pats have enough intel to make the correct decision

Arrested 9 times...I would be pretty disappointed if the Pats signed him...regardless of the potential upside

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurienyc13. Show laurienyc13's posts

I'm not sure his value on field makes him worth the gamble, If Wilfork leaves and I believe he is the anchor of that locker room I just don't think you take a chance. Unless if there is a clause in his contract that states ANY trouble with police and you are OUT, no money owed only money that was earned during each game played. It really irks me that Hernandez still gets paid!! I know innocent until proven guilty but in the ReAL world can't think of anyone who would be collecting a paycheck while sitting in a cell! the lawyers have no reason to end this case and while their is money on the table. I'm not sure if/when he is convicted what happens to his contract, does it become voided?? If that's the case lawyers will not work for him anymore!! Does anyone know what he is getting and what happens after??? I'm sure it was mentioned at some point .

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The reward is ALWAYS worth the risk until something happens....Britt went from Schiano in college to Fischer in the NFL and both those coaches are connected with BB. Pats have enough intel to make the correct decision

Arrested 9 times...I would be pretty disappointed if the Pats signed him...regardless of the potential upside

[/QUOTE]

Just a clarification, rkarp.  He wasn't arrested 9 times.  Merely involved in situations where he was either arrested or questioned.  Point though is that's a lot of contact.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to laurienyc13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm not sure his value on field makes him worth the gamble, If Wilfork leaves and I believe he is the anchor of that locker room I just don't think you take a chance. Unless if there is a clause in his contract that states ANY trouble with police and you are OUT, no money owed only money that was earned during each game played. It really irks me that Hernandez still gets paid!! I know innocent until proven guilty but in the ReAL world can't think of anyone who would be collecting a paycheck while sitting in a cell! the lawyers have no reason to end this case and while their is money on the table. I'm not sure if/when he is convicted what happens to his contract, does it become voided?? If that's the case lawyers will not work for him anymore!! Does anyone know what he is getting and what happens after??? I'm sure it was mentioned at some point .

[/QUOTE]

Look past the locker room, dead money, wins and losses. Think about the community. Weapons, DUI and drugs in any situation is too much of a red flag...

the Pats taking the gamble and then wiping their hands of any responsibility if something happens as they did with Hern is not right. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to TSWFAN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What do you say? ....I believe you are a reasonable person.

I think they have two "hard to handle" personalities in Revis & Browner.

[/QUOTE]

It seems that the stuff he's been involved in has ranged from speeding to perhaps an incident where someone was stabbed.   The question, and it's a tough one, is this simply a matter of maturity or does this guy have flaws in his character that will not be possible to overcome.  It will boil down to how BB (and perhaps Kraft) evaluate this kid in person.

From afar, I'd be reluctant to sign him, particularly in light of the recent Hernandez experience.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

a no BS contract with a quick out clause I think woud be worth it.  we need the X type WR since boyce/Dobson are questionable

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

britt signing would be an amendola june 1st cut in my mind now that edelmen is back on board.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

If they sign Britt, can Rutgers list the Patriots as one of their top employers?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to natesubs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

a no BS contract with a quick out clause I think woud be worth it.  we need the X type WR since boyce/Dobson are questionable

[/QUOTE]

Be worth what? Not specific to Britt, but does it take a women to be beaten, someone killed in a DUI, or weapons shown and maybe even used for a team to say this player is not for us? 

Dont the Pats have more responsibility that's simply cutting a player if he gets into legal trouble and letting the police and court system clean up the mess, with the Pats simply walking away? 

Take responsibility now, and don't bring these players in with legal history...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_483130. Show user_483130's posts

NE is the team where player's w/ bad histories come to be "reborn"...then they can launch themselves out for a big payday [aka, Talib]. Britt may fall into this category.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to natesubs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Be worth what? Not specific to Britt, but does it take a women to be beaten, someone killed in a DUI, or weapons shown and maybe even used for a team to say this player is not for us? 

Dont the Pats have more responsibility that's simply cutting a player if he gets into legal trouble and letting the police and court system clean up the mess, with the Pats simply walking away? 

Take responsibility now, and don't bring these players in with legal history...

[/QUOTE]

I wasn't aware that Britt had that much baggage.  That being said, I agree with rkarp, here.  No need to bring him in.  After his injuries, I don't know how good he would be, anyway.  I say they really work on developing Harrison and see what he can become.  A WR corp of:  Edelman, Dobson, Boyce, Amendola, LaFell, Harrison/Thompkins, Rookie???  looks pretty decent to me.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

People think he isnt worth the risk because of off-field troubles.

why?

if he comes here it will be on a 1-2 year deal with 2 mil AAV over that span and i bet no gtd money either.

we dont have to be afraid of that crap or risk in this type of situation, if he gets arrested again, just cut him and thats the end of that. no big deal. life moves on who cares.

this isnt hernandez where we are going to tie down 40 something million and then get completely screwed. this guy Britt wont be a risk at all. bring him in, first sign of trouble, cut him. no biggie

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

People think he isnt worth the risk because of off-field troubles.

why?

if he comes here it will be on a 1-2 year deal with 2 mil AAV over that span and i bet no gtd money either.

we dont have to be afraid of that crap or risk in this type of situation, if he gets arrested again, just cut him and thats the end of that. no big deal. life moves on who cares.

this isnt hernandez where we are going to tie down 40 something million and then get completely screwed. this guy Britt wont be a risk at all. bring him in, first sign of trouble, cut him. no biggie

[/QUOTE]

Joe, stop looking at the $$$. Stop looking at the dead cap money if he is cut. Look at the innocent people that could be hurt while this guy, or any player for that matter is breaking the law.

sure, any player, or non player can break the law...but this player does have a history in police incidents 9 times...with 1 charge of felony pleaded down to a misdemeanor..

its not right for the team to bring him here, and if he has a situation, simply to cut him and walk away from the situation, and let others clean up the mess

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Joe, stop looking at the $$$. Stop looking at the dead cap money if he is cut. Look at the innocent people that could be hurt while this guy, or any player for that matter is breaking the law.

sure, any player, or non player can break the law...but this player does have a history in police incidents 9 times...with 1 charge of felony pleaded down to a misdemeanor..

its not right for the team to bring him here, and if he has a situation, simply to cut him and walk away from the situation, and let others clean up the mess

[/QUOTE]

There are always gonna be people breaking the law, consistently too. but, if this guy can help the team and can clean himself up and become what he should be, for like no $ either, why not?

and why it is the team's issue to help a player who's been arrested. that's his own business, his own consequences to deal with. not the team's.