Kevin Ware injury

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Kevin Ware injury

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

The dude was wearing basketball sneakers when he broke his leg. By the high res photo from TFB, the shoe looks like a hi-cut (that or I am so old, I don't even know anymore what a hi-cut bball sneaker looks like nowadays). 

Good observation.  Man, you made me go back and look at the picture again.  Not sure if that is a mid top or high top shoe, hard to tell these days between the two. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Sorry guys, I'm not understanding the debate concerning the turf.  But I do know that the Texans kicker is/was suing due to the texans turf.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/15/former-texans-punter-sues-over-reliant-stadium-turf/

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Just saw the pic. Easily the most horrific i've seen in a long, long time.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

The only thing comparable I've ever seen was when Dave Dravecky broke his arm throwing a pitch.  That one was impossible to miss.  Here again, there are videos available, but I chose not to post any links here.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

In response to danemcmenamin's comment:

In response to danemcmenamin's comment:

I'd put it down to sheer bad luck rather than anything else, not that i'm an expert but just considering other injuries i've seen. Welker's knee is a good one you can make 1000 cuts and on number 1001 his ACL tears in a non contact injury. In saying that however the fact it was a bone is really strange possibly unnoticed stress fractures or stress fractures diagnosed as something else...possibly shin splints. Really terrible no matter what way you slice it, I hope he's ok doesn't look good though

The turf at that stadium is actually removed when they go on the road (non back to back home games), so it has more to do with that than anything else.

The turf isn't settled. Arizone does the same thing, which has been a major complaint and may have been changed since Welker (or others) have blown out their legs in Arizona and Houston at a higher rate that other fields.

But, this was a clean broken leg, not ligament related.

Welker's was an ACL, not a break. 

Why are you talking about the turf?, Welker got unlucky that day that's all. Lots of other players took to that field and lots of them made cuts and most likely some of them even made cuts in that area and none of them blew out their knee. In fact Welker made 2 cuts on the same play one tore his knee up the other didn't. The turf didn't even seem to tear up, his knee just gave up. You and your arrogance, you ignore the good rationale i've used for the injury and focus on a small insignificant part of what i've written and you wonder why people don't like you. 

Your rationale is terrible, do you really think a kid that as you said jumps for 2 hours a day in practice wouldn't notice if he had bone cancer, that's idiocy. You're talking about something you know little about and talking out of your a ss on here like you're a doctor. In a month i'll have a bonefide degree in matters such as these and you'll still be a sad man playing armchair doctor on an internet forum and quite badly at that

They move the grass in and out, literally, in between games and let the sun at it. They use natural grass in Houston and Arizona, but they're in domes. Goodell should have demanded this to be fixed or mandate that dome teams cannot use natural grass in dome stadiums. It's been a problem for years and more players have gotten hurt in Houston and Arizona because of it. The grass settles in different spots when it's put down again the day before games in Houston and Arizona.

Please learn from others and do your homework. This is what I mean about some Millenials, in particular YOU.   You claim I don't know what I am talking about and JUST because you don't know something, doesn't mean it's not true or a fact:

http://deadspin.com/5960895/former-texans-punter-suing-reliant-stadium-owners-for-being-injured-by-its-crappy-field

They finally changed the turf this year to field turf which is appropriate for dome.

This is why Welker blew his leg out, untouched. He cut hard, the sod shifted too much and he went down.  Please learn from others, annoying Millenial.

As for your last paragraph, kiddie, I'll let my sister who is a doctor (and has masters from Duke), tell me things about medicine vs some Millenial liar who claims he attends BC. I also said (not necessarily cancer) above. Please learn to read as well before you get the faux degree of yours that you claim to be getting.  Lots of people dancing around here with elite degrees these days. RKrap, who can barely use analytical skills of a 12th grader, apparently has a masters from Harvard, and you are on the verge of going to med school.

lol

You will have no degree, kiddie.  We all know you are full of it when you said you went to BC after you slipped up with some horrendous grammar.

The point was never the turf, the point was I gave you 2 very possible explanations and you focused on a minor part of my rationale because it was the easiest to poke holes in. On top of that I never said med school and I never said it was an elite degree it's a degree in sport and exercise science take that how you will but i'm a research physiologist so believe it or not even though i'm 22 I might know more than you about this particular topic. You ask your doctor sister then what's a more likely explanation for the injury a) bone cancer or b) misdiagnosed stress fractures, I already know the answer. On top of this what kind of doctor is your sister because unless she's in orthopaedics she might not have done a whole lot of studying on bones in a long time (you mention the masters, what's the masters in?) Even proposing bone cancer is idiotic, the bone swells and grow spurs at the point of disease it's not hard to diagnose, on top of that it creates a huge amount of pain eventually. 

On the topic of the turf it may be bad turf but it doesn't change the fact it was bad luck, you talk like Welker's the only player who cuts hard. It could have happened to anyone but on that particular day it only happened to Welker therefore luck played a part even if poor field conditions were a factor. 

It's not a thread about Welker I never intended to make it one about Welker, you undermined my rationale because you think you're a genius and it wasn't even worth considering. Well Rusty if you knew anything about the body really you'd have known there's no way a kid like that could have bone cancer, of all the possibilities it may just be the very least likely 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Sorry guys, I'm not understanding the debate concerning the turf.  But I do know that the Texans kicker is/was suing due to the texans turf.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/15/former-texans-punter-sues-over-reliant-stadium-turf/

It's fine TFB12 I used Welker's injury as a comparison then I went on to say it's strange for this to happen to a bone, then I gave 2 reasonable answers as to why this injury happened and he ignored them and decided to pick on the Welker thing instead. On top of that I was not drunk when I posted. I'm fully aware of the bad turf in the stadium it's also down to luck though. Around 100 players took to the field in Houston that day, alot of them probably ran over the exact same part of turf as Welker did when he got injured. One player left with a torn up knee, luck has a huge factor in all injuries

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

The only thing comparable I've ever seen was when Dave Dravecky broke his arm throwing a pitch.  That one was impossible to miss.  Here again, there are videos available, but I chose not to post any links here.

yes Dravecky's was horrible too-and after all his work to come back it was sad

i remember b/c the stadium was pretty empty you could hear the snap! when his arm broke-awful

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to PATSchampsSB's comment:

Pray for this kid... horrible injury OMG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Os7HP7F60vo

only good thing is if he can make it to Atlanta this saturday for the Final Four and maybe come out on crutches to wave to the crowd he will get a HUGE ovation from everyone there, even the Michigan fans and players...as terrible as the eerie somber atmosphere after the injurywas this will be really special

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

In response to PATSchampsSB's comment:

Pray for this kid... horrible injury OMG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Os7HP7F60vo

only good thing is if he can make it to Atlanta this saturday for the Final Four and maybe come out on crutches to wave to the crowd he will get a HUGE ovation from everyone there, even the Michigan fans and players...as terrible as the eerie somber atmosphere after the injurywas this will be really special

In moment like this u have to forget the rivality, and remember that he is an human,Even Michigan  fans and players have to applaud this kid, and in every sport when something like this happen the teams and fans have to forget the rivality and help, no matter who.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

That would truly be a very great, touching moment!!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to alfred-e-bob-neumier's comment:

The kid had his operation and is walking on it with crutches....a doc said it appeared that it was just a freak injury brought on by tourque from landing awkwardly, and that he most likely had an undiagnosed stress fracture which led to the bad break...sounds plausible...the Doc was an NBA team doc, can't remember which team...said the rod would be inserted, he'd be back to walking immediately, that he should play again because they have lots of expeience with this stuff now, as well as new technologies, and that he could be ready to play again IN SIX MONTHS!!!!! Amazing stuff!

now this is one thing we can both agree upon! :  )

very uplifting news especially so soon after that ugly incident-and as horrible as it was there was a bit of luck with the clean break...the fact that he can possibly playing basketball again in 6 months is incredible. really hope to see him on the court again next season

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

I agree..I cannot imagine 6 months...when I was in High School (eons ago), if you had a knee cart . , you knee looked like a hollowed out baked potato, if it was a ligament, you had to have total knee reconstruction, had at least a 12 month rehab time and probably were done in athletics...now it seems anything is possible, in what, less than 40 years...amazing stuff... (yes, I'm OLDDDD)

Medicine advances are just amazing!

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

LOL...I also was watching the night LT said "hello" to Joe Theisman...every time I see Joe in that prostate medicine commercial, all I can think of is "Yeah Joe, I know how to make you urinate on command no matter how much Saw Palmetto you take...answer the doorbell when it rings and see LT standing there!"...LMFAO!

well to be fair LT made many a QB wet his pants!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

This one was a bad one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNzWp_qQGo8

#69, Tim Krumrie his left foot dangles at the end of the play.  Sort of gets lost in the all time great mangle jobs.

i don't remember who was involved but within the last 10 years there was a real nasty injury at first base where the the first baseman was reaching into foul territory to take a wide throw and the runner coming down the line broke his arm-bent it all the way back and almost tore it off! i remember seeing one replay and that was enough

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I watch this thing on YouTube today and of course they link it with other horrific sport injuries like the hit by Taylor...which lead me to watching a bunch of LT highlights. What a player he was, if we had him on this defense over the last seven years we win everyone of those Super Bowls. Even on that Thiesman hit Taylor made a hell of a play to sack him like that, he changed direction and exploded into Thiesman like very few can. Just a pure freak of nature as a defender and pass rusher.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I remember watching a tall thin UFC fighter named Corey Hill breaking his leg when he kicked a guy.  It was shin on shin, very brutal!  For those that don't have a weak stomach check this picture out.  It's a nasty break, an amazing but nasty picture.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.mma4life.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/corey_hill_leg_break.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.mma4life.com/?p%3D147&h=498&w=480&sz=49&tbnid=QBHPMr3EjJC_dM:&tbnh=92&tbnw=89&zoom=1&usg=__zKMuo7YH6SZPcWYnI_tXgOjE78Q=&docid=PmWE3HStLbDipM&hl=en&sa=X&ei=WTlaUfT0FaHQiwKom4CYDw&ved=0CFYQ9QEwBg&dur=406

Sections
Shortcuts