Kevin Ware injury

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Kevin Ware injury

Pray for this kid... horrible injury OMG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Os7HP7F60vo

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Re: Kevin Ware injury

Worst injury I've ever seen.  I got sick to my stomach watching that replay.  Reminds me a lot of the Theismann injury. 

Thoughts are with him for a speedy recovery.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to PATSchampsSB's comment:

Pray for this kid... horrible injury OMG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Os7HP7F60vo

horrible, just awful and really sad scene for about 10 minutes

i saw theisman's when it happened too-gruesome

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

just crazy bad

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to getdrunkstupit's comment:

just crazy bad

even in the press conference after the game and a big win Pitino was very somber, almost looked dazed...definitely hit him very hard as it did the players-on both sides

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

That was a horrible break.  Feel bad for the kid and I hope for a fast recovery for him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Could see the bone protruding out the front of his leg. I feel awful for the young man and wish him the speediest of recoveries, and I hope that his long term health isn't affected.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Pretty horrible. Magahee might be the comparison. That said Louisville looked great. Their guards are awesome.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

Something isn't quite right medically, IMO, for that to happen. He jumps everyday for 2 hours in practice.  No contact, nothing. And his weight wasn't off and he didn't step on Thornton.

good thought...

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Something isn't quite right medically, IMO, for that to happen. He jumps everyday for 2 hours in practice.  No contact, nothing. And his weight wasn't off and he didn't step on Thornton.

Exactly what my mom said.  She thought that he had to have some type of bone cancer in order for it to break that cleanly and that terribly.

Just an absolutely awful scene.  It did not look real; it was almost like it was photoshopped.  Poor kid.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to JohnHannahrulz's comment:

Pretty horrible. Magahee might be the comparison. That said Louisville looked great. Their guards are awesome.

MCLs and ACLs are so common now we kind of know what they look like so those don't appear as bad, visually, IMO.

They are still bad, because this crap never looks right, but this was brutal.  His shin was 90 degrees perpindicular to the court/ground.

That's pretty bad.  

Theismann is the one I always remember as the preeminent break, Krumrie's foot break in SB 23 is horrendous and forgotten about, but this is easily the worst I've seen, probably because they are fewere people around him and it's so visibile with a longer leg.

i agree that Theisman's was the worst-to this day the most gruesome sports injury i have ever seen...while this kid just landed and it snapped, Theisman's back foot was planted and his leg was rigid as he was in throwing position and when LT jumped on him his cleat stuck and the pressure snapped his tibia...and while this injury was off to the side and the replays not so close up Theisman's was clear as day and up close...gruesome and u felt it urself when you watched it...

today's was just a freak thing but awful to see and the arena was like a tomb while he was laying there plus all the tears from his teammates-very hard to watch

I remember LT was very upset at that time walking around while they worked on Theisman but there was nothing like this scene today

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:

Could see the bone protruding out the front of his leg. I feel awful for the young man and wish him the speediest of recoveries, and I hope that his long term health isn't affected.

+1

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

I'd put it down to sheer bad luck rather than anything else, not that i'm an expert but just considering other injuries i've seen. Welker's knee is a good one you can make 1000 cuts and on number 1001 his ACL tears in a non contact injury. In saying that however the fact it was a bone is really strange possibly unnoticed stress fractures or stress fractures diagnosed as something else...possibly shin splints. Really terrible no matter what way you slice it, I hope he's ok doesn't look good though

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

i was thinking that he had some calcium deficiency or something because that was an awfully regular kind of landing to break a leg like that. regardless, i hope the kid recovers fully and can play at some point in his senior year. it was heartbreaking seeing all the looks on his teammates' faces. even the duke players were visibly upset by it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

That was extraordinary. That force was almost perfectly along the length of the bone (barely any lateral force). That was almost a classroom example of buckling; really close to the midpoint of that bone.

I always knew landing on your heel is bad; but man that was freaky. 

Is it me or is that kid's lower leg extraordinarily long relative to his thigh?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

In response to dreighver's comment:

+1

I first thought that was his knee... then I realized they don't wear Stockton shorts.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Nappy McCallum, that one always got to me.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

Exactly what my mom said.  She thought that he had to have some type of bone cancer in order for it to break that cleanly and that terribly.

Just an absolutely awful scene.  It did not look real; it was almost like it was photoshopped.  Poor kid.

I sent it over to my sister and she didn't want to look at it after she read about it, but she said that to me. Same deal.  She didn't mention cancer or anything, but that something wasn't quite right. It could be his bone development where that has more potential to occur than most humans and it just happened to occur, etc.

It's somewhat odd to have a break like that without contact or some kind of uneven landing area like skiing  or something, but he didn't roll the ankle or anything, so she said something wasn't quite right if it broke clean at that spot.

Don't know anything about it, but I am just taking that opinion because she is a doctor.

Yeah, it could be anything.  Either way, it shouldn't have happened.  Just a freak accident.  They were talking on ESPN how it would be up to a year of recovery.  I'd say that's a pretty hasty guestimate.  If I were this kid, I would just be thankful if I could regain the ability to run/jump normal again, let alone the ability to play at a high athletic level.  

One of my buddies broke his leg that resulted in a compound fracture.  He had a foot long steel rod implanted into his leg and still isn't nearly the same as he was before.  This was 4 years ago, too.  Let's hope Ware's recovery process is more of a success than my friend's was.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

I sent it over to my sister and she didn't want to look at it after she read about it, but she said that to me. Same deal.  She didn't mention cancer or anything, but that something wasn't quite right. It could be his bone development where that has more potential to occur than most humans and it just happened to occur, etc.

It's somewhat odd to have a break like that without contact or some kind of uneven landing area like skiing  or something, but he didn't roll the ankle or anything, so she said something wasn't quite right if it broke clean at that spot.

Don't know anything about it, but I am just taking that opinion because she is a doctor.

Yeah, it could be anything.  Either way, it shouldn't have happened.  Just a freak accident.  They were talking on ESPN how it would be up to a year of recovery.  I'd say that's a pretty hasty guestimate.  If I were this kid, I would just be thankful if I could regain the ability to run/jump normal again, let alone the ability to play at a high athletic level.  

One of my buddies broke his leg that resulted in a compound fracture.  He had a foot long steel rod implanted into his leg and still isn't nearly the same as he was before.  This was 4 years ago, too.  Let's hope Ware's recovery process is more of a success than my friend's was.

sadly that is what probably hurts the kid (and his teammates) more than the injury itself-the idea that his athletic career might be over

Sections
Shortcuts