Key Matchup: Vollmer v. Starks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from oggieman. Show oggieman's posts

Key Matchup: Vollmer v. Starks

With Light out, this matchup of Vollmer vs Starks figures to be huge.  How is this rookie playing?  I know he started since the Tenn game. 

Starks is starting to play solid ball.  Last week he made some big plays against Alan Faneca, a pro bowler.  Starks threw him around like a rag doll on some big plays.  And the Fins will rotate Phil Merling into the slot to keep Starks fresh---and Merling is pretty solid as well and has made some big plays this year.  Is your rookie tackle up for it? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

Re: Key Matchup: Vollmer v. Starks

Voll is doing pretty good. He is huge and has good hands and moves well. He did have a couple of holding calls in London, but I am confident in his ability's to protect Tom's backside.

Go Pats!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Vollmers two holding penalties were right after Mankins threw his guy into Vollmers knee. Up till then, Vollmer was pretty much throwing whoever was his responsibility all over the field. It will be interesting to see who throws who!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan24-7. Show Patsfan24-7's posts

In Response to Key Matchup: Vollmer v. Starks:
    [QUOTE]With Light out, this matchup of Vollmer vs Starks figures to be huge.  How is this rookie playing?  I know he started since the Tenn game.  Starks is starting to play solid ball.  Last week he made some big plays against Alan Faneca, a pro bowler.  Starks threw him around like a rag doll on some big plays.  And the Fins will rotate Phil Merling into the slot to keep Starks fresh---and Merling is pretty solid as well and has made some big plays this year.  Is your rookie tackle up for it? 
    Posted by oggieman[/QUOTE]

Vollmer is goin to matched up against Joey Porter and Jason Taylor on passing situations, thats a way more important matchup than Starks.

Sections
Shortcuts