Key to the Patriots 2010 Season

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1r3d12. Show m1r3d12's posts

Key to the Patriots 2010 Season

Road Victories and playing well in the 2nd Half.

Everbody relax a little, the Patriots went 8-0 at home last year, with more experience for all the young and rising players the Patriots will surely increase their away record. No chance the Pats will only win 2 games on the road next year, expect them to win minimum of 3 or 4.

Those saying the Patriots are in a "holding pattern" thats not nessesarily true...players do progress. We have a very young team, once they learn how to win on the road and close out games this team could go far.

Sure, we may not have Welker untill Madden's favorite day, but we do have players ready to improve and step up. Edelman, Tate, Aiken, and potentially any rookie the Patriots may draft.

Players to watch: Julian Edelman, Brandon Tate, Tyrone McKenzie, Shawn Crable, Terrence Wheatley, and...Wilhite?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Re: Key to the Patriots 2010 Season

Away
    Buffalo Bills = win
    Miami Dolphins = toss up
    New York Jets = toss up
    San Diego Chargers = toss up
    Cleveland Browns = win
    Pittsburgh Steelers = toss up
    Chicago Bears = toss up
    Detroit Lions = win
    There are 3 wins here with a the possibility for more

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In Response to Key to the Patriots 2010 Season:
    Road Victories and playing well in the 2nd Half.   Everbody relax a little, the Patriots went 8-0 at home last year, with more experience for all the young and rising players the Patriots will surely increase their away record. No chance the Pats will only win 2 games on the road next year, expect them to win minimum of 3 or 4. Those saying the Patriots are in a "holding pattern" thats not nessesarily true...players do progress. We have a very young team, once they learn how to win on the road and close out games this team could go far. Sure, we may not have Welker untill Madden's favorite day, but we do have players ready to improve and step up. Edelman, Tate, Aiken, and potentially any rookie the Patriots may draft. Players to watch: Julian Edelman, Brandon Tate, Tyrone McKenzie, Shawn Crable, Terrence Wheatley, and...Wilhite?
    Posted by m1r3d12
    As a diehard Patriots fan I don't expect to see Wes Welker in a game until 2011. His combined injuries of both the Knee and Shoulder are going to keep him rehabbing for quite sometime, for his safety sakes it would be far more prudent to take the entire year off. Hopefully Edelman and Patten can hold the fort for a year while he mends properly. Tate will have to be productive or someone will have to help p/u the slack,whether it be another acquisition via Trade or FA signing or a Draft choice or 2,the Patriots will need to find some guys to play the other side of the Moss equation..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1r3d12. Show m1r3d12's posts

Chicago will be a win and the Chargers will be a win, I predict 12-5 with a 2nd or 3rd seed

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Its a good post M1. A lot of people are down that we have not gone after the big names in free agency( although I think we will be making some noise come draft day) We signed our own guys and with another year to develop and a second year removed from Brady's horrific injury I think we look very good going into next year.

I will say that the TE situation is baffling and i hope the noise i referred to earlier has something to do with a solid wr!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichicksDisciples7. Show BelichicksDisciples7's posts

12-5? if i'm not mistaken, the NFL regular season consists of 16 games for each team to be played. My best bet would be that the Pats go 12-4 next season but then again so much still has to happen this offseason for us to have a clue for next year, but predictions are always fun. There are so many question marks on this squad but despite the fact we have not added the big time free-agent, it's always good to have young players develop in the same system. experience has shown to be more reliable in the patriots system than has signing the big time free agent to fit into their system(thomas). Let's all hope Bill makes the right decisions at draft time with a few possible trades. IN BILL I TRUST!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

In Response to Key to the Patriots 2010 Season:
    Road Victories and playing well in the 2nd Half.   Everbody relax a little, the Patriots went 8-0 at home last year, with more experience for all the young and rising players the Patriots will surely increase their away record. No chance the Pats will only win 2 games on the road next year, expect them to win minimum of 3 or 4. Those saying the Patriots are in a "holding pattern" thats not nessesarily true...players do progress. We have a very young team, once they learn how to win on the road and close out games this team could go far. Sure, we may not have Welker untill Madden's favorite day, but we do have players ready to improve and step up. Edelman, Tate, Aiken, and potentially any rookie the Patriots may draft. Players to watch: Julian Edelman, Brandon Tate, Tyrone McKenzie, Shawn Crable, Terrence Wheatley, and...Wilhite?
    Posted by m1r3d12

The Pats also went 2-6 on the road, that includes a road win against Tampa in England(still think the Pats would have won).  I would leave Shawn Crable out of the picture at this point.  Wheatley looks to be another injury prone player.  Edelman is a fine replacement for Welker, but the Pats still lack depth.  While I'm certainly not ready to call Tate or Mckenzie a bust or too injury prone, if the Pats only rely on these players and whoever they try to hit on the draft, then they will be in trouble.  They still need to quality vets at WR, TE, and another RB.  Taylor and Morris are far to injury prone and cannot be expected or relied upon for a full season. 

You can say I'm being negative all you want, I see it as being realistic.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

I In Response to Key to the Patriots 2010 Season:
    Posted by m1r3d12

You are right about winning on the road and second half. Although I think you will find they were 8 -1 after the smashing Baltimore gave them at Foxborough in the playoffs

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

I love BB as much as the next guy , but you guys sound like 12 y/o's.  Seriously Im not sure how stupid you look. BBDisciples7 and " dont Q's BB " , cmon give me a break. Its that dumb attitude and way of thinking that makes PATS fans look like idiots. The " we got 12 and BB  , what can go wrong " type of thought process is exactly whats wrong with this team. Like I said I love the guy as much as the next , Id give him a lifetime contract , but there are some real issues that deserve a second look. Like our draft picks the last 5-6 years , F/A signings and the staff he has had. Theres nothing wrong with admitting hes one of the best ever and holding his feet to the fire. You losers sound like republicans , you q's the war and your unpatriotic. BB's a god , fine , but w/out staying on top of the moves we make , and not wanting to repeat the ones that went wrong by q'ing such isnt a bad thing at all. The two are not mutually exclusive.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

offense scoring points in the 2nd half and getting a big lead in the first half

Away
    Buffalo Bills = win
    Miami Dolphins = win
    New York Jets = win
    San Diego Chargers = toss up
    Cleveland Browns = win
    Pittsburgh Steelers = toss up
    Chicago Bears = win
    Detroit Lions = win

Sections
Shortcuts