3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Re: Keys To Beating Dolphins This Sunday

In response to Neal Page's comment:

In response to JintsFan's comment:

In response to coolade2's comment:

Boston garden was amazing.  Hard to imagine an outdoor venue creating that much noise and intensity ...  Went to orange bowl for Colorado vs notre dame back in  .....1990... ?  rocket ismail vs. Eric bienemy and Colorado choked away the national championship with fumbles . Also couldn't contain the rocket...

Of course. It's the best indoor venue in the history of planet earth. I am just saying, for the outdoor football venues, the Orange Bowl, captured some of the same elements. People hated going in there, the seats are on top of the field (for a football stadium) and it was hot/not comfortable.

Loud, too.  Not Boston Garden, loud, because it had no roof obviously. 

The Garden is the best indoor venue in sports history, IMO.  

it would be if not for Madison Square Garden of course

Not even remotely close.  Madison Sw Garden doesn't have the intimicay the Boston Garden has.

Each was built by the same architect, but the Garden was smaller, which made it better for fans and viewing. Not to mention, the roof was lower and the seats under the balconies provided more noise to be trapped, which in turn created more noise.

As usual, you have no idea what you're talking about. Even Chicago Stadium was better than Madison Sq Garden.

Here's a native New Yorker, Stan FIschler, and a NY/NJite fan in awe of the place. Ironically, the two natives are morons talking about they're "looking forward" to a new cookie cutter building (Fleetcenter), apparently unaware of how unique the Garden was:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CpIE7yEWBs

Jacobs sucks.  Still hate him..

[/QUOTE

Boston garden was built for boxing, hence the more intimate dimensions.  Ever sit in the balconies...? First row was literally like 40-50 ft from the ice. It was unbelievable...

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

IMO key is containing Reggie Bush and continue get a couple of turnovers.  I expect BB to shut do the run early and when the Dolphins get behind and have to pass, do situation blitzing to force rok QB into mistakes as we did to Andrew Luck.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Boston garden was amazing.  Hard to imagine an outdoor venue creating that much noise and intensity ...  Went to orange bowl for Colorado vs notre dame back in  .....1990... ?  rocket ismail vs. Eric bienemy and Colorado choked away the national championship with fumbles . Also couldn't contain the rocket...

Of course. It's the best indoor venue in the history of planet earth. I am just saying, for the outdoor football venues, the Orange Bowl, captured some of the same elements. People hated going in there, the seats are on top of the field (for a football stadium) and it was hot/not comfortable.

Not even remotely close.  Madison Sw Garden doesn't have the intimicay the Boston Garden has.

Each was built by the same architect, but the Garden was smaller, which made it better for fans and viewing. Not to mention, the roof was lower and the seats under the balconies provided more noise to be trapped, which in turn created more noise.

As usual, you have no idea what you're talking about. Even Chicago Stadium was better than Madison Sq Garden.

Here's a native New Yorker, Stan FIschler, and a NY/NJite fan in awe of the place. Ironically, the two natives are morons talking about they're "looking forward" to a new cookie cutter building (Fleetcenter), apparently unaware of how unique the Garden was:

[/QUOTE

Boston garden was built for boxing, hence the more intimate dimensions.  Ever sit in the balconies...? First row was literally like 40-50 ft from the ice. It was unbelievable...

Yep.  The designer I think was trying to improve that aspect over what he did at Madison Q Garden, hence why the Boston Garden was actually better than Madison Sq Garden. This is what our little NY buddy doesn't want to here.

Sure did. Arguably the best seat in any venue in the history of sports.  I cannot imagine a better seat anywhere.

The Chicago Stadium had a similar design, but wasn't as intimate as the Garden. The balconies there were a bit further back.  Other good ones were Maple Leaf Gardens (the seats behind the net had to be unreal), the Aud in Buffalo and Winnipeg's old barn, too. Never been to any of these venues, but you could tell it looked  similar in terms of the balcony positioning in relation to the ice surface.

I'd rather sit in the lower section of the balcony at the Garden than down low in the loge, to be honest.  If you were above the glass in the loge, those were very good, especially behind the net.  Center ice (or the blue lines, obviously, too.

[/QUOTE

always tried to get seats in the balcony...

Once during a tv delay  I yelled " here we go RAY"  before the puck dropped...  He basically nodded his head, then the draw came straight back to him, he did like three super quick backpedal strides drawing the puck back with him and uncorked a bullet slapshot.  Goalie made the save but I'll never forget that.  it was he was showing off, like watch THIS...  

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

[/QUOTE

Yep.  The designer I think was trying to improve that aspect over what he did at Madison Q Garden, hence why the Boston Garden was actually better than Madison Sq Garden. This is what our little NY buddy doesn't want to here.

Sure did. Arguably the best seat in any venue in the history of sports.  I cannot imagine a better seat anywhere.

The Chicago Stadium had a similar design, but wasn't as intimate as the Garden. The balconies there were a bit further back.  Other good ones were Maple Leaf Gardens (the seats behind the net had to be unreal), the Aud in Buffalo and Winnipeg's old barn, too. Never been to any of these venues, but you could tell it looked  similar in terms of the balcony positioning in relation to the ice surface.

I'd rather sit in the lower section of the balcony at the Garden than down low in the loge, to be honest.  If you were above the glass in the loge, those were very good, especially behind the net.  Center ice (or the blue lines, obviously, too.

[/QUOTE

always tried to get seats in the balcony...

Once during a tv delay  I yelled " here we go RAY"  before the puck dropped...  He basically nodded his head, then the draw came straight back to him, he did like three super quick backpedal strides drawing the puck back with him and uncorked a bullet slapshot.  Goalie made the save but I'll never forget that.  it was he was showing off, like watch THIS...  

Yep. It was so easy to heckle opposing players, too.  Here's a game I was at in Nov '91. The next game was when they put the awning over the entryway for the opposing team.

Yzerman didn't deserve this but some of the thuggie Wings players did. They got blasted in this game and then started with the dirty stuff.  

We had second row down the other end. We were hanging off the glass. lmao

Brad McCrimmon (ex Bruin) came over and choked Lazaro.  The comical part of this clip is the ultra homerism from Cusick and Sanderson.  haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbwP1zTilpk

In 1986, when Nilan needed a beating in the hallway, this was when hey switched the benches so any ejected player wouldn't have to walk right past the Bruins bench. It's just funny how many quirks he place had, to the point, no other venues really had similar ones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhqUl13ltJ4

Dude.... Awesome.  I started to watch that second video.  I was at that game in the balcony at the corner where markwart and lemieux separated themselves... Nov. 1986. ..!

Markwart was one of the best pound for pound fighters in the history of the league imo.   this was a bad blood game from the start and Neely got into it with Shane Corson and Neely took a cheap shot with a stick and skated off bleeding badly.

You knew it was just a matter of time...  The crowd was going insane.  When the brawl happened there was 2-3 minutes left in the 2nd period.  They tacked the time onto the third period and finished the game that way, it was so bad.

Anyway the Nevin markwart fight... He landed at least 5 full swings directly into lemieuxs face in a row.  It was great.  I didn't know it was Claude lemieux until years later doing some research on that game,  In the globe archives I found an article describing lemieuxs face "looking like a truck hit it".  It was early in his career... Welcome to the rivalry Claude...

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

just watched the whole video...  Lmao...  They show lemueuxs face...!  "did markwart do that...?"  YEP... I watched it from the balcony...  amazing.  They skated away from the scrum and nevin just wailed on his face right below us.

fred missed it because they were watching the other stuff... The camera guy missed it too. All you see is the aftermath...  bummer . 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Thanks for posting that  video...  I was about to post something about that brawl and bang there's the video of it. what's up with that...? 

Yeah those days are gone...  Still get some good fights here and there.  the league  is going wussy just like NFL...  Bruins were the big bad boys last year playing great then come the wussy suspensions to lucic and marchand.  Did you see that game against the canucks when marchand dumped salo?   they basically invent a clipping penalty when he clearly just put a hip into him .  Lame.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

Things that need to be done to beat the Fish:

1) Play a full, complete 60 minute game on offense (NO LETTING UP)

2) Don't get gashed for 20+ yard plays on defense on a regular/consistent basis

3) Don't make Tannehill a HOF nominee for next year's class (bad habit the D continually has)

4) Gameplan in a few turnovers (2 INT's and a fumble inside he Red Zone would be nice)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Marwkart was scrappy, but Jonathan to me was the best pound for pound fighter ever.  Tie Domi second. 

I met Domi up in Toronto. Good guy, not so nice to Flyers fans sitting behind the penalty box though lol. Dam, this conversation is making me really miss hockey this year!

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Nevin markwart was 5-10 180.  That's pretty small considering what he did to lemieuxs face...

In the "I can't believe it was the same game" category...  Check out " neely and Corson fight" on you tube.  Nov 20, 1986. 

Correction, Neely was bloody because of an errant puck to the face which was stiched up but was reopened in this fight. 

Check out Corson at the end of the clip.  He looks like he has no idea where he is.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Nevin markwart was 5-10 180.  That's pretty small considering what he did to lemieuxs face...

In the "I can't believe it was the same game" category...  Check out " neely and Corson fight" on you tube.  Nov 20, 1986. 

Correction, Neely was bloody because of an errant puck to the face which was stiched up but was reopened in this fight. 

Check out Corson at the end of the clip.  He looks like he has no idea where he is.

I hated Shayne Corson as much as any gutless puuke those 1980s and 1990s Canadiens teams had.

Every single time the time would come to answer the bell, they'd either do something dirty or back off like little girls.

Remember this classic from Probert/Domi? 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBYznVnNTI4

wow... Domi can take a punch ....or 10.  Hard to be a total fan of a guy who gets pummeled badly like that.  Nevin surprised a lot of guys who thought he was small.  But he couldn't stay in the lineup , I think he had a bad shoulder that would pop out on him (usually during a fight...) look at O'Reillys lineup that year... Miller, Byers, Neely, markwart...  Talk about taking after the coach...

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to CaptainZdeno33's comment:

Marwkart was scrappy, but Jonathan to me was the best pound for pound fighter ever.  Tie Domi second. 

I met Domi up in Toronto. Good guy, not so nice to Flyers fans sitting behind the penalty box though lol. Dam, this conversation is making me really miss hockey this year!

Yeah exactly...  Around Thursday there is not much left to talk about except a tangential conversation about Boston Garden memories.  That place was cool ... Along with the teams that played there.  Bruins Canadiens was something else entirely.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Jints... Get some new material, dinkweed.  It's  old.  If you're going to come on this board, at least post something intelligent.  People have started threads ripping you. 

Are you nothing more than a juvenile delinquent...?

Sections
Shortcuts