Keys To Beating Dolphins This Sunday

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Re: Keys To Beating Dolphins This Sunday

In response to Neal Page's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Nevin markwart was 5-10 180.  That's pretty small considering what he did to lemieuxs face...

In the "I can't believe it was the same game" category...  Check out " neely and Corson fight" on you tube.  Nov 20, 1986. 

Correction, Neely was bloody because of an errant puck to the face which was stiched up but was reopened in this fight. 

Check out Corson at the end of the clip.  He looks like he has no idea where he is.

[/QUOTE]

I hated Shayne Corson as much as any gutless puuke those 1980s and 1990s Canadiens teams had.

Every single time the time would come to answer the bell, they'd either do something dirty or back off like little girls.

Remember this classic from Probert/Domi? 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBYznVnNTI4

[/QUOTE]

I hated Corson too.  He was a punk early in his career, I had the impression he was a goon.  Then he ended up being around for a while and scored 273 goals.  Turns out he was exactly what you said...  After checking his bio , he was suspended for a game 7 for trying to kick a player after losing a fight... among other controversies in his career. 

In that fight Neely nails corson with multiple lightening fast left hooks.  Watching that clip was the first time seeing it for me.  At the game it was at the other end of the ice along the boards...  At the time I thought corson had cut Neely with his stick.  gotta appreciate youtube... !

Some other facts about that game.  11-20-86 Montreal had won the cup the prior year and still owned the bruins in the playoffs(18 series in a row going back to 1943)  Bs didn't break that curse until '88.  interesting that the rivalry goes back to 1924...  Its a lot like the red sox Yankees in many ways except a lot bloodier...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Needed to bump this up for the hockey  fans here...

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Not really feeling that one...  It's not your concern to critique this board ... Seriously, go somewhere else.  You will be better off. 

your team needs you...

PLEASE DONT RESPOND TO THIS POST

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

What's the deal with Chandler Jones?  Will he be back this season? Same with Mankins, he plays through a torn acl but hasn't played in weeks, must be bad. Jones didn't look that bad walking off the field but now he's in a boot. Gronk should be back for the playoffs I would think. BB has built a deep team that can withstand more injuries than other teams but the Patriots can't afford many more .

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

In response to BubbaInHawaii's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm interested in seeing how McD calls this game. Dolphins have a solid running D - and I'm interested in seeing how the Patriots RB corps will do.

Thoughts?

[/QUOTE]

Spread the field on offense and mix the pass and run with runs right at the edges,(DEs) and outside---on Defense stop the RUN and let Tannyhill try to beat Brady in a shootout?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Neal Page's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Nevin markwart was 5-10 180.  That's pretty small considering what he did to lemieuxs face...

In the "I can't believe it was the same game" category...  Check out " neely and Corson fight" on you tube.  Nov 20, 1986. 

Correction, Neely was bloody because of an errant puck to the face which was stiched up but was reopened in this fight. 

Check out Corson at the end of the clip.  He looks like he has no idea where he is.

[/QUOTE]

I hated Shayne Corson as much as any gutless puuke those 1980s and 1990s Canadiens teams had.

Every single time the time would come to answer the bell, they'd either do something dirty or back off like little girls.

Remember this classic from Probert/Domi? 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBYznVnNTI4

[/QUOTE]

I hated Corson too.  He was a punk early in his career, I had the impression he was a goon.  Then he ended up being around for a while and scored 273 goals.  Turns out he was exactly what you said...  After checking his bio , he was suspended for a game 7 for trying to kick a player after losing a fight... among other controversies in his career. 

In that fight Neely nails corson with multiple lightening fast left hooks.  Watching that clip was the first time seeing it for me.  At the game it was at the other end of the ice along the boards...  At the time I thought corson had cut Neely with his stick.  gotta appreciate youtube... !

Some other facts about that game.  11-20-86 Montreal had won the cup the prior year and still owned the bruins in the playoffs(18 series in a row going back to 1943)  Bs didn't break that curse until '88.  interesting that the rivalry goes back to 1924...  Its a lot like the red sox Yankees in many ways except a lot bloodier...

[/QUOTE]

One more thing about that epic game nov 20, 1986... Just watched that brawl in the hall video again ... You see who is in the middle of it ? None other than Mike Millbury #26.  Must have been his last year on the ice.  So add him to the mix of O'Reillys crew... Charlie simmer as well.

Page 3 of this thread was great for me remembering those days at Boston garden and finding videos on YouTube from that epic game that was etched in my memory, (along with the rack on the babe I brought to that game...lol).  Stuff like that make being a Boston  sports fan such a great lifetime experience. 

Thanks to Neal page for his posts on Boston garden that got us on the topic, and for the vids.

Any bruin fans on the board should check this stuff out.  That bruin Canadiens rivalry was something else, and to this day still maintains some of that intensity. any more stories would be welcome of course.

Sections
Shortcuts