Keys To Beating The Texans (Again)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Keys To Beating The Texans (Again)

Thoughts (aside from "show up")?

I doubt the upcoming game will be as "easy" as the regular season game. If the Texans get to Brady, the Patriots will have to run a little bit to keep the chains moving.  IMO, the defense needs to step up this game, stop Foster, and get pressure on Schaub.

Patriots will need to be physical, just like the first game and create some turnovers.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Keys To Beating The Texans (Again)

I think there are two keys to the game:

1) Stop Foster - without Foster, Hou's O doesn't function. They need a strong running game to get the play action going or they might not as well throw the ball further than 10 yrds. Since Jonhson is their only legit receiving threat you can double and take him out like the Pats did last game but only if you stop Foster early preventing the play action

2) Contain Watt - Last game Watt was still able to generate pressure and disrupt plays behind the line and that was with him bing contained. Watt's a beast and if he goes off than this O will not be able to move the ball. Thankfully Gronk is back so it should help Brady get rid of the ball quicker but they can't let Watt beat them

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

1) Stop Foster - without Foster, Hou's O doesn't function. They need a strong running game to get the play action going or they might not as well throw the ball further than 10 yrds. Since Jonhson is their only legit receiving threat you can double and take him out like the Pats did last game but only if you stop Foster early preventing the play action

2) Contain Watt - Last game Watt was still able to generate pressure and disrupt plays behind the line and that was with him bing contained. Watt's a beast and if he goes off than this O will not be able to move the ball. Thankfully Gronk is back so it should help Brady get rid of the ball quicker but they can't let Watt beat them

I agree ith this ^ as the standard blue print but didn't we make them play from behind firstart we need to score on our first drive. Match them or go up on them right away.  I don't think they play from behind well.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

alot of no huddle......score first..make Schaub battle from behind.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Have TFB as your QB!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Pass to Gronk and Hernandez, they're clear mismatches. 

Houston's safeties are the weakest links of an already weak secondary. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Also, pass to whoever Jonathan Joseph isn't covering. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Who's going to help block Watt?  Prior to Gronk's injury, Gronk was the best blocking TE - so, if Gronk is blocking - the other receivers (welker, edelman, lloyd, hernandez) will have to pick up the slack. Also, who else can help protect Brady?  I think Woody would get bowled over.  Not sure if Ridley or Bolden is a better blocking RB.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Actually the FIRST KEY TO THE GAME IS: protect Brady.... Houston will not play the identical O or D game this time out....

SO my keys are:

ON OFFENSE

1. Protect Brady (especially concerned about Watt AND Reed)

2. Take advantage of personnel packages or mismatches by using no huddle to freeze their D

3. Use playaction to help slow down aggressive D

4. Protect the ball

ON DEFENSE

1. Contain Foster

2. Contain Johnson

3. Pressure QB on long yardage (we will need to mix some blitzing in on a number of occassions)

4. Cause turnovers... rip rip rip and get some picks.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Have TFB as your QB!!

sweet, that cigar seems a little short thoug

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

Who's going to help block Watt?  Prior to Gronk's injury, Gronk was the best blocking TE - so, if Gronk is blocking - the other receivers (welker, edelman, lloyd, hernandez) will have to pick up the slack. Also, who else can help protect Brady?  I think Woody would get bowled over.  Not sure if Ridley or Bolden is a better blocking RB.

I guess you forgot for the only time this season in that first game, Watt had NO sacks, tackles for losses or blocked passes.  And they did this WITHOUT Gronk!!!  Seems they do know how to block Watt.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

The Pats had no problems last time with their receiver.

Woody did perfectly fine blocking last game, he is our best blocker that's why he is always in on the no huddle.

I don't see why you are worried about this stuff.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

How about one with Gronk

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Play like they did the last game, shut down the running attack. Get off to a good start and a big lead and make Schaub have to beat you. Plus the always important win the turnover battle. I'm expecting a closer game but the Pats will still win 34-17.

Sections
Shortcuts