Keys to the Game - Baltimore

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Keys to the Game - Baltimore

It used to start with the Running Game, and containing Ray Rice, but these days after paying Joe Cool all that grip, He is asked to do much more and Ray Rice is an afterthought. He is still a dangerous runner if you ignore him and is still a factor in the passing game on screens but Benard is used a lot and Joe Is a legit GunSlinger now. Their running game has been anemic so that may be good or they may use the game vs us to get it in gear again for the playoff. Advantage - Patriots

Joe Flacco is still sporatic in the passing game, but its his ability to make big plays in the clutch that has kept this team in the hunt.  He has some big play WRs to lob it up to in Torrey Smith and newcomer Marlon Brown who will surely be a problem for us  (I mean arrington). He is an undrafted rookie free agent that has 40 catches and 6 TDs and was out there making some clutch plays last night for his team. Lets hope Dobson returns for us and provides a similar impact. This unit got Pitta back last week and he looked pretty good which is bad news for Gregory. Ray Rice will be a factor as they test hightower to see if he can hang. This team likes to get it downfield and gives you chances for turnovers but do we have the playmakers? Advantage - Ravens

The Patriots got the running game going early last week with nice power runs to Blount to loosen up the Miami D but I wouldnt suggest against this group. Led by Ngata, they are still a dominating front seven that slaps RBs on the way to the QB. Smith has come over from J.Ville and took over nicely for Ray Ray and they have linebackers of all types roaming the field and its best to spread this group out imo rather than trying to run on them in conventional fashion. Advantage - Ravens

Tom Brady had a pretty decent day passing the ball vs Miami up until he got in the redzone.  This is why I think its imperative to get Dobson back because with him, maybe you can take a shot from the 30-40 yard range and score so you are not bogged down in the 20 where coverage is tighter and things happen quicker. We saw how ugly it was last week if you have to continue to score inside the redzone. Take some shots BEFORE you get there with your speedy 6'3 wideout. I have to think the Pats go back to draw up more creative plays to get Vareen involved and maybe we see some DJ Williams but with L.Webb back and playing great I dont see where our production is gonna come from honestly. Danny and Jules will combine for 10-15 of catches again but will they punch it in? I fear the Ravens have too much to throw at Brady and he doesnt have enough playmakers. Suggs, Dumerville, Upshaw and offensive line issues?! Advantage - Ravens

Special Teams unfortunately sqaurely goes to Bmore. Last game their guy Tucker came through with ALL of Bmores points in kicking 5 field goals plus a 61 yarder to win the game while our guy shanked a 48 yarder and kicked a kickoff out of bounds that contributed to a lost. I didnt even get to Jacoby Jones yet vs who? Boyce/blount/vareen?  This one aint even close guys.

Coaching is a wash in terms of the head man and I hate to say it that Dean Pees has the advantage over Patricia but thats likely due to him having more of a leash but when I see Bmore I see a team that is on the same page and always around the ball. With Patricia we look like we have 9 guys out there. Joshy gets nod over Calwell but not by much. They both pass too much

Bottom Line

Sorry to say but these are two totally different teams. One is on the way up and one is trending down. As much as I want to say we can win this game, I just dont see it at the moment but anything is possible. I'll be right there rooting them on but injuries have finally caught up IMO. We may be fighting for our playoff lives vs Buffalo in week 17 who will also be a tough out.

Thoughts are welcome...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Re: Keys to the Game - Baltimore

Baltimore has a stout defense but can be scored on. They have no fear of blitzing and if you don't pick it up you are in for a long day.

It's always a chess match with them and the game plan is everything.

Let's see how Josh attacks them and what he comes up with....it had better be good.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Offensively it is simple... the O-Line needs to play well. That could be a tall order with Mankins having to move to tackle and most likely be matched against Suggs and Kline having to be inside against Jones/Ngata. Dante has his work cut out for him this week.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Blitz read/pick-up will be key.  Brady is among the best and blitz-beating.  So long as he and wideouts are on same page a Ravens blitz may present Pats scoring opportunities.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

If Mankins is at Tackle then Brady had better up his life insurance....

Pats had better be scouring everyone's PS for a tackle to poach....worked for Miami....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

Pats had better be scouring everyone's PS for a tackle to poach....worked for Miami....

Is svetik down too? We have cannon right? Does Logan HAVE to play tackle? They can come from all angles so not sure it matters anyway. Suggs, Dumervill on either side and Ngata pushing the pocket? Wendell will be in Bradys lap all day!  Need to try and run on the edges and hope the ends are trying to get upfield and go underneath them.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Just responding to prior post that Mankins was at tackle, let us all kneel and pray....or whatever works for you, that Mankins never....ever....plays tackle again.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

Is svetik down too? We have cannon right? Does Logan HAVE to play tackle? They can come from all angles so not sure it matters anyway. Suggs, Dumervill on either side and Ngata pushing the pocket? Wendell will be in Bradys lap all day!  Need to try and run on the edges and hope the ends are trying to get upfield and go underneath them.

based on watching the ravens/Detroit last night they can get to the outside especially against Suggs. Whoever is at tackle needs to be really physical with Suggs in the run game. Wear him down.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In a word or two..  STICK with what is working on offense and defense has to figure it out.

Last Sunday, Miami was not really stopping the run, they went away from it.  When it came to passing, the receivers just weren't battling for the ball and "making plays".  Exception, Hooman's catch.

The Defense.. can it figure out a way to keep giving it up on 3rd and long situations?  If they had done that a couple times in Miami, we may have seen a different result.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from profootball. Show profootball's posts

Tom and his Co. need to find the way and score early.  The RBs comittee need to step up with 100+ yards on the ground and screen pass.  That is the way, the Vikings gave the Raven the hard fought to the end.  Sometimes, the short pass became a 20+ yards gain.  This is the good test for the Pats before the play off start with good Ravens defense.  Hopefully, the rookies WRs will step up as well.

Go Pats!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Footballexpert45. Show Footballexpert45's posts

I agree that the Ravens should have the advantage in almost every aspect.  Bad weather would be great for the Pats to pull off the upset.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to Footballexpert45's comment:

I agree that the Ravens should have the advantage in almost every aspect.  Bad weather would be great for the Pats to pull off the upset.

Ravens can also win in bad weather.  Not the greatest advantage there.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

I got Ravens winning game - Pats are 3-4 on road for a reason. Baltimore is in playoff mode for the 6th seed, with good chance of beating Cincy in week 16 for division title. Then the scary part is Bills game becomes a playoff game as Pats could finish 10-6 and not even get in tournament as they lose tie breakers to Cincy for WC and Miami for division...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

In response to ccsjl's comment:

I got Ravens winning game - Pats are 3-4 on road for a reason. Baltimore is in playoff mode for the 6th seed, with good chance of beating Cincy in week 16 for division title. Then the scary part is Bills game becomes a playoff game as Pats could finish 10-6 and not even get in tournament as they lose tie breakers to Cincy for WC and Miami for division...

Pats beat Ravens

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Footballexpert45. Show Footballexpert45's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

In response to Footballexpert45's comment:

Ravens can also win in bad weather.  Not the greatest advantage there.

Better than nothing.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Game can't come quick enough.....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Some real uphill sledding this Sunday for the Pats. Other than QB and left guard, if he is there come Sunday,is there a position the Pats are better than the Ravens at right now (punter maybe but he looked pretty good last night also). I'm now glad the game moved to the afternoon. Those games don't seem to be as loud. Less time for the fans to get drunk and in the cold you need to stand and move around to heat up. Tends to make the fans rowdier because sitting down is not a good option in the cold. I can't imagine the Pats stopping the Ravens on a last minute drive so the Pats need to have a big lead (doubtful) or have the ball last with a chance to win and get it done (very possible).  Put me in the hopeful but doubtful category. In New England 60/40 Pats but there 70/30 Ravens. I hope i am wrong on the score but I have no doubt they will play their guts out like they have all year.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from HunterThompsons45. Show HunterThompsons45's posts

Flacco seems to always pick Patriot defenses apart and he can fling the ball deep effortlessly which always causes problems for the Patriots DB's.  He doesn't have to get set to toss it long, if the receivers get a yard past the DBs you can call it a Touchdown. 

Ray Rice should receive 25 touches, not a good feeling with the way our D gives up acres of yardage.  A balanced attack by the Ravens will keep our Patriots defense guessing all night.  Look for the Ravens gaining 475-500 total passing/receiving yards on Sunday.

Patriots offensive line will have their hands full.  Need to protect Brady otherwise it will be a long night. 

Ridley worries me against this defense, I don't trust him hanging on to the rock against the Ravens D. They hit hard and ball hawk, he will cough the ball up if he gets more then 12 touches.

Brady should attack James Ihedigbo often.  He is playing better with the Ravens then he did as a Patriot but he is still arriving to the ball late, as he did here.  I would really go after him but need Dobs or Thompkins back in order to do that. 

Not having a big, physical target like Gronk against this Ravens defense is going to hurt.

As I already mentioned, the Ravens are a very physical defense and can attack the ball.  Edelman and Amendola are going to take a lot of punishment this game, hope they make it through without injury.  Having one of these guys go down will be this teams final blow.

Attack the line with the bigger Blount.

Hit Vereem out of the backfield.

Get Collie in the mix.

Brady will have to pass it 45 times to beat this Ravens team.

Bad match-up for the Patriots coming off the Dolphins loss and the Ravens coming off the Lions win.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Yea this team would have been better to play after a loss. They are riding high after talking smack about C.J. and backing it up with a nice win and no impact from their star WR. They got their chests puffed out now. Best way to kill that is to get off to a good start. Score 1st and then turn them over..otherwise.....gonna be a long day.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Dont start slow and dont play soft.  Kitchen sink on defense. Flacco should go down a few times.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Flacco has a sore knee...keep him moving

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:

Pats beat Ravens

now here is great analysis ^^

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

In response to Iceman4's comment:

Pats beat Ravens

now here is great analysis ^^

You are really one to analyze predictions  Mr "Giants will win 10 games this season".....

Sections
Shortcuts