Keys To The Game

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Re: Keys To The Game

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

I'll make it even simpler..  Pats need to make more plays and play better all around.  All it may take is one key play for the win.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Their TOP is not a silly stat at all.

It is a direct result of

1, their 3rd down conversion rate  (28%)

2, their ability to sustain drives and score (2nd in scoring)

3, Their ability to take early leads and make O's one dimentional

by forcing teams to pass and they have a heck of a Run D.

The key to this game will have to be the D getting off the field (can they get the T/O's against better O's) and getting the ball back to Tb so he can exploit the seconday.  Of course the O-line will have to keep TB clean.

They should also use the hurry-up to gain an advantage.

If the run game can help TB, that would be great.  Hopefully the commitment to it pays off, but if not; expect 40+ passes., with 18 of them to WW and it would be a good time to unleash Vereen.  Maybe even some 2 RB sets with both Vereen and Woody, to keep them guessing.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Face it if Pats cant beat Houston here, they WONT beat them down there in a playoff game...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I think Schaub isnt very mobile, and if pressured is off his mark. Key to the game is Vince and Lovie getting middle push pressure on Schaub, Nink and Jones holding the edge (both have been spotty on this issue) and Spikes and Mayo stuffing the run. I like the PAts chances very much if Schaub is pressured.

I also think that Houston is short on the back 7. I see a heavy does of Fells blocking, and the Pats getting the RB's to the 2nd level of Houstons D.  

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Talk to me Tuesday am.....

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ccsjl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Talk to me Tuesday am.....

[/QUOTE]

What does that even mean? 

[/QUOTE]

What's the wager you two have?

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

100 bucks OH MY LORD....thats like 4 weeks pay for me....I just see Houston winning the game rather easily.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I personally think we win this game by double digits. I think this dome team has too many issues in their secondary and despite what the numbers say can absolutely be run on up the middle. Weather will be a factor for their ability to execute. Talib on Andre of course makes me nervous, and Owen Daniels is a force. I'm not sure who we put on him but probably add another cb Arrington perhaps? And I agree with Rusty, limit Foster and make Shaub throw.

Turnovers will decide this game. They will make them, and we will not. Pats 37 Texans 24

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I think as Reiss has been pointing out, we use the SG less then ever, but we absolutely still need it. Brady is the best QB in football at negating the blitz. Actually number 1 statistically against 5 or more rushers and that is a direct result of spreading the field out in the gun and usually hitting WW and to a lesser extent Hern and Gronk on quick routes. With that being said I agree with you in that I hope we do not use the Miami game plan against this Houston pass rush.

And I really, really think we need to get the RB's involved in the passing game. Nothing wrong with a chek down every one in a while and see what if your talented RB's can make a guy miss and pick up 20 yards. And I don;t mean Woody because that is all we use him for. I want us to throw the ball to Ridley and Vareen when these teams are rushing four and dropping 7.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Why would anybody have to apologize for Brady you ninny??

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

This game is all about how McD gameplans and agjusts during the game.  Lately they have been giving up on the run too early and not being as unpredictable in playcalling as most would like.

Rusty most people agree with your base concepts, but your constant backhanded bashing of Brady is what gets you into mute agruements.   Keep with the football talk and less unrealistic Brady bashing you might have some good conversations. McD and BB are to coaches they controll the game plan, just accept it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to pezz4pats's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Their TOP is not a silly stat at all.

It is a direct result of

1, their 3rd down conversion rate  (28%)

2, their ability to sustain drives and score (2nd in scoring)

3, Their ability to take early leads and make O's one dimentional

by forcing teams to pass and they have a heck of a Run D.

The key to this game will have to be the D getting off the field (can they get the T/O's against better O's) and getting the ball back to Tb so he can exploit the seconday.  Of course the O-line will have to keep TB clean.

They should also use the hurry-up to gain an advantage.

If the run game can help TB, that would be great.  Hopefully the commitment to it pays off, but if not; expect 40+ passes., with 18 of them to WW and it would be a good time to unleash Vereen.  Maybe even some 2 RB sets with both Vereen and Woody, to keep them guessing.

[/QUOTE]

I didn't say it was silly. I said they're ability to average 36 minutes is silly. Sick. Amazing. Choose whateve adjective you want, Pezzy.

Again, this is another reading comprehension fail from you, which is a trait of trolls.  They either lie about what I say or can't read. Or do both!

Of course TOP is a factor and it's why we won #3 SBs and why I want Brady under center, playaction and Rdiley as the committed lead back, while you don't.

How come you aren't taking my bet in this Houston game?

[/QUOTE]

You said it was a silly stat. Period!  Can you not read your own writing?  Every one else can and once again you make a fool of yourself.  Will it ever end?

No I don't think Ridley is the key in this game unless it's late in the game with a 2 score lead like last week and their D is run down.  3rd down, blitz beating, conversions are the way to go.  Woody is best at this and even Woody as a decoy (blocking) with Vereen or WW taking advantage of that.

Not only on 3rd downs either as they blitz like 43% of the time.

Too bad you hate that plan because it will work, providing the D can get off the field..

We don't want another 7-8 possession game, which you can bet the farm that will be their plan.

Guess we'll see soon enough how much the D has improved. 

Sections
Shortcuts