Keys To The Game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Re: Keys To The Game

Will gladly take the bet...provided Houston wins we dont see you till season end...Funny how I have posted under the same name for years while you have to constantlly changes, now why would that be???

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Here Russ this is for you. Nobody apologizes for Brady....

Tom Brady is in the midst of one of the great seasons any quarterback has ever produced -- yet again.

His statistical calling card is a truly unique combination of individual stats, pinball-sized scoreboard totals and team victories that distinguish him from any quarterback in the history of the NFL.

The Cold, Hard Football Facts say that Brady is the obvious choice, perhaps the only choice, to earn NFL Most Valuable Player honors at the end of the season.

Brady and the New England Patriots already wrapped up the AFC East crown with a quarter of the season to play. He is among the league leaders in every meaningful passing category. And he leads the greatest offensive machine in the history of football.

Yet the future first-ballot Hall of Famer is somehow flying under the radar screen this year. Brady is at best the fifth biggest quarterbacking story in football, behind rookie phenoms Robert Griffin III and Andrew Luck, Peyton Manning's resurrection in Denver, and Matt Ryan's leadership of the 11-1 Falcons.

Perhaps the pigskin public has Brady Burnout. He's so consistently productive and his well-oiled Patriots win with such machine-like ruthlessness that we've simply stopped taking notice.

But Brady is the best choice through Week 13 for league MVP honors, with a chance to cement his status under the bright lights of primetime football against the 11-1 Houston Texans Monday night in Foxboro.

Here's why:

Elite individual production

Brady is yet among the league leaders in every major passing category, both in volume stats and in the more important efficiency indicators that ultimately win and lose games.

Brady and the Patriots rank:

• No. 1 in quarterback turnovers (4 INT, 0 fumble), among season-long starters

• No. 2 in Real Quarterback Rating (98.7), our measure of all aspects of QB play

• No. 4 in Offensive Passer Rating (102.3)

• No. 4 in touchdown passes (25)

• No. 5 Real Passing Yards per Attempt (7.11)

• No. 6 in passing yards (3,537)

Brady's hallmark has always been pairing great production while limiting mistakes. And he's at an elite level in that skill again in 2012.

He's produced 28 touchdowns (25 passing, 3 rushing) this year with a total of just four turnovers. That 7 to 1 TD-turnover ratio is on pace to be the third best single-season mark in NFL history.

The two seasons better: Brady's 37 total TDs and 5 turnovers in 2010 (7.4 to 1) and Aaron Rodgers' 48 and 6 (8 to 1) in 2011. Both earned MVP honors in those seasons.

That ability to protect the football is typically undervalued by fans and analysts. But as we noted here last week, teams that win the turnover battle typically win 80 percent of all NFL games.

Brady's deadly efficiency and his ability to protect the football is probably the greatest reason behind New England's ability win so consistently year after year.

Consider this: teams better in Real Quarterback Rating win about 85 percent of all NFL games year after year (160-30, .842, in 2012), according to the Correlation to Victory table at CHFF Insider. Brady consistently dominates this battle of efficiency.

New England's record-setting offense

It's one thing to rack up stats. But Brady and the Patriots turn all those yards and stats into points at a clip unlike any team in the history of the NFL.

They lead the NFL with 430 points scored here in 2012, an average of 35.8 PPG. That's a full touchdown per game ahead of the No. 2 Texans (29.3 PPG).

Brady right now leads the greatest offensive machine football has ever seen, about to top 500 points scored for the fourth time in six years.

2007 Patriots -- 589 points (NFL record)

2012 Patriots -- 573 points (projected)

2010 Patriots -- 518 points

2011 Patriots -- 513 points

We might be talking six-for-six had Brady not missed the entire 2008 season to injury and struggled to regain his form in 2009.

No other franchise has scored 500 points in four different seasons. In fact, only 10 teams have done it even once.

Peyton Manning led a 500-point offense only once (522 in 2004); Dan Marino only once (513 in 1984); John Elway only once (501 in 1998); Joe Montana never did it. His best point total was 475 in 1984.

Brady and the Patriots, meanwhile, are lapping the field here in 2012. Only three teams are within even 100 points of New England's 430 points scored.

The endless string of victories

So Brady racks up stats and points. But more importantly, he racks up wins more consistently than any quarterback in modern football history. The pace of victories is absolutely breathtaking.

The only other QB in the discussion among all-time great winners is Otto Graham, the Cleveland Browns Hall of Famer who last played in 1955 and spent only six years in the NFL.

The Patriots are 9-3 in 2012, wrapping up the AFC East with four games to play.

Brady has now led his team to a division title a record 10 times -- and he's done it in just 11 years on the field. The Patriots lost the division to the Jets on a three-way tiebreaker in 2002 and, with Matt Cassel at QB, lost out to the Dolphins on tiebreakers in 2008.

New England is the only team in history to post the best record in their division 12 straight seasons.

Brady has the Patriots in the Super Bowl discussion this year despite being paired with a defense that is merely average on a good day (No. 14 in scoring defense in 2012). It certainly forces plenty of turnovers. But it's still a porous unit compared with the defenses on other elite NFL teams.

In fact, it's been a long time since New England fielded a very good defense, let alone an elite defense. New England last true Super Bowl-caliber defense was back in 2006.

Regardless, the wins keep coming, including here in 2012.

Brady's sets a new milestone for quarterbacks

The Patriots prepare to host the Texans Monday night after winning six straight games.

During the streak, Brady passed a stunning milestone that puts his career in context: he's now the first and only quarterback in NFL history to win 100 more games than he's lost.

Brady is 133-38 in the regular season and 16-6 in the postseason, tying Joe Montana for the most playoff wins. With a combined record of 149-44, he boasts 105 more wins than losses.

No quarterback is even close. Here's a look at how Brady's wins and losses compare to those of the other quarterbacks on the all-time win list (records include postseason; ties not included):

Tom Brady -- 149-44 (+105 wins)

Joe Montana -- 133-54 (+79)

Peyton Manning -- 159-80 (+79)

Brett Favre -- 199-123 (+76)

John Elway -- 162-90 (+72)

Terry Bradshaw -- 121-55 (+66)

Johnny Unitas -- 124-67 (+57)

Dan Marino -- 155-103 (+52)

Frank Tarkenton -- 130-114 (+16)

Players come and go. Seasons change. But one thing has remained constant for more than a decade: the Patriots win when Brady is under center.

Here in 2012, Brady is putting up premier individual numbers, leading his team on one of the great offensive runs in history, winning games and doing it with an average defense. He has his Patriots poised for yet another Super Bowl run -- in what would be his record sixth Super Bowl appearance.

If that resume doesn't spell M-V-P, we're not sure what does.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/kerry_byrne/12/04/tom-brady-mvp/index.html#ixzz2EONQTBs0

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to csylvia79's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This game is all about how McD gameplans and agjusts during the game.  Lately they have been giving up on the run too early and not being as unpredictable in playcalling as most would like.

Rusty most people agree with your base concepts, but your constant backhanded bashing of Brady is what gets you into mute agruements.   Keep with the football talk and less unrealistic Brady bashing you might have some good conversations. McD and BB are to coaches they controll the game plan, just accept it.

[/QUOTE]

It's not bashing. It's his offense, so he has to be held accountable. You pretend he's not supposed to be held accountable for anything which is ludicrous!

Last week, he didn't even look at Lloyd, which he admitted was a problem on WEEI.  Why is Brady above the team?

That's the question I want answered from you.

If Brady says he prefers the shotgun and then we see it to the tune of a 60% clip and 40 passes with awful offense, 4 sacks, no run game established (Ridley had 4 carries at halftime), that's on Tom Brady.

He audibles at the line, has full veto power, etc. It's his offense. McDaniels is more of a consultant. He's been slightly better than O'Brien, but the deferment to what Brady prefers is still my LONE concern. I have a right to my opinion. Period.

You can't tell me what my opinion should be.

[/QUOTE]

You are so ridiculous it's actually incredable.

When does "that's a silly stat" mean that's not a silly stat.  Only in crusty's world.

The TOP in the SB is a DIRECT result of the D not being able to get off the field.  Allowing 26 1st downs in an 8 possession game is as poor as it gets.  No 3 & outs, is as poor as it gets.  Never stoping the gints in their own territory is as poor as it gets. Not being able to get even one turn over is as poor as it gets.

If you can't understand that the lack of possessions (because of the D) caused the Pat's O to pass more and try to score quickly than you don't understand anything.

Running the ball more would not result in more TOP.  The only thing that would change TOP is more 3rd down conversions for the Pats and less for the Jints.

Since the 3rd down conversion rate for the Pat's O was perfecly acceptable for the amount of possessions and the 3rd down conversion rate for the gints was more than excessive, a reasonable person could clearly see the problem. 

Reasonability has never been one of your strengths.   Quite the contrary.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to pezz4pats's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

This game is all about how McD gameplans and agjusts during the game.  Lately they have been giving up on the run too early and not being as unpredictable in playcalling as most would like.

Rusty most people agree with your base concepts, but your constant backhanded bashing of Brady is what gets you into mute agruements.   Keep with the football talk and less unrealistic Brady bashing you might have some good conversations. McD and BB are to coaches they controll the game plan, just accept it.

[/QUOTE]

It's not bashing. It's his offense, so he has to be held accountable. You pretend he's not supposed to be held accountable for anything which is ludicrous!

Last week, he didn't even look at Lloyd, which he admitted was a problem on WEEI.  Why is Brady above the team?

That's the question I want answered from you.

If Brady says he prefers the shotgun and then we see it to the tune of a 60% clip and 40 passes with awful offense, 4 sacks, no run game established (Ridley had 4 carries at halftime), that's on Tom Brady.

He audibles at the line, has full veto power, etc. It's his offense. McDaniels is more of a consultant. He's been slightly better than O'Brien, but the deferment to what Brady prefers is still my LONE concern. I have a right to my opinion. Period.

You can't tell me what my opinion should be.

[/QUOTE]

You are so ridiculous it's actually incredable.

When does "that's a silly stat" mean that's not a silly stat.  Only in crusty's world.

The TOP in the SB is a DIRECT result of the D not being able to get off the field.  Allowing 26 1st downs in an 8 possession game is as poor as it gets.  No 3 & outs, is as poor as it gets.  Never stoping the gints in their own territory is as poor as it gets. Not being able to get even one turn over is as poor as it gets.

If you can't understand that the lack of possessions (because of the D) caused the Pat's O to pass more and try to score quickly than you don't understand anything.

Running the ball more would not result in more TOP.  The only thing that would change TOP is more 3rd down conversions for the Pats and less for the Jints.

Since the 3rd down conversion rate for the Pat's O was perfecly acceptable for the amount of possessions and the 3rd down conversion rate for the gints was more than excessive, a reasonable person could clearly see the problem. 

Reasonability has never been one of your strengths.   Quite the contrary.

[/QUOTE]

"increadable"? Oh, it's "increadable" alright.

Yes, 36 min average TOP is silly it almost looks fake.

Do you really think people reading this will buy into your incredibly pathetic attempt to backpedal from your horrendous reading comprehension? LOL

We get you're embarrassed by it, but that's not our problem.

The TOP in the SB is a direct result of the offense taking a Safety, 1 minute after the D sat down to go over what they saw on the sideline, the Brady INT or the way they couldn't finish any drives as an offense from the middle of the 3rd qtr on, while losing field position to boot.

If NE had run BJGE 3 times in a row for example and kicked a FG on the plays after Brady's horrendous INT to Kyle Blackburn, that's easily, ast least 2 minutes of clock there alone.

Much of the reason NYGs had 39 minutes of TOP int he NFC title game was also due to turnovers by a rookie kick returner. You act like turning it over on offense or STs is a good thing. lmao

[/QUOTE]

Fake?  Good grief.  The gints had a 38 minute TOP in the SB..  Was that fake too?

90% of the Pats losses are due to the other team exploiting the porous D and keeping TB off the field and  keeping the game close, only to put the dagger in at the end with a last minute TD drive.  There D's are also well rested due to being able to play monopoly on the sidelines while ther O is on the field.  Limited possessions cause teams to be one dementional unless they want to limit possessions even further. 

There is no disputing this.

Learn the game

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

Rusty how long are you going to beat the same drum... you like to use some quotes from a few years back, but disregard all the others TB makes. He has made many statements on how he is willing to hand off the ball every play if it will make the team win. Or how he compliments his players and does take responsibility for every mistake or turn over that happens.  Both McD and Brady have gone on record staeing that McD calls the plays.

I read more than I post here but you have to admit you like to frame your views in context while ignoreing all other context that goes against your views.  There is a middle ground.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Start Mallett.  Stop letting suck azz Brady call all his own plays.   Line up in the I formation and run on every down.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Rusty how long are you going to beat the same drum... you like to use some quotes from a few years back, but disregard all the others TB makes. He has made many statements on how he is willing to hand off the ball every play if it will make the team win. Or how he compliments his players and does take responsibility for every mistake or turn over that happens.  Both McD and Brady have gone on record staeing that McD calls the plays.

I read more than I post here but you have to admit you like to frame your views in context while ignoreing all other context that goes against your views.  There is a middle ground.

[/QUOTE]

How long will you enable belligerent and troll behavior? That's really the question. The more you encourage the poor behavior here, the more you'll see it from the people who behave poorly.

Do you realize the whole reason I started this thread is because I read Gruden's pregame analysis and was shocked Houston had almost 36 minutes of TOP per game on the season? I knew they led the league, but had no idea it was that high. That's a sick average.

Then, we see a very selfish Pezzy, swing in and completely misinterpret what I was saying only to be combative and troll, spinning and lying, very similarly to what Phat Rex does, yet you somehow put that behavior on me?

Why?

How long are YOU going to beat the same drum of being ignorant and encouraging poor behavior?

There is no middle ground. Running the ball keeps the clocking rolling, while passing can sometimes stop the clock due to incompletions. Hence, the more you throw, the more the odds go up, that you'll stop the clock MORE.

This is not debatable. We will LOSE this game on Monday if we come out on offense like we did last week. How we played last week on offense is WHY we lost every game that was blown by this team in the last 5 years, since the shotgun spread became an addiction for Brady in 2007 with the toys.

Run Ridley 20+ times on Monday night and we win.

[/QUOTE]
    Rusty you calling someone a troll is laughable.

A Troll is:

Someone that goes to another teams board with an agenda...That's You

They pick one or two part of the team's game like Running or the O line and praise it just to proved an excuse to slam the teams Star...That's You

That disrupt as many thread as possible with different log-in names using the same premise...That's You

They keep hammering the same line like TB is changing plays to help his stats...That's You

They hurl insults at the teams fans calling them Dumb or stupid or Ball Washer, Apologist Even...That's you

So now that you know what a Troll is and you know that it's you why don't you log out and come back as MasterHess or PhtRex and talk Trash like the real Jest Fan?

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

[QUOTE]

I got to other teams' boards and troll?  Umm, no I don't. That's pathetic and a thing losers do for entertainment.

I absolutely do hurl insults at losers. Yes. I have zero respect for agenda driven losers who derail threads for selfish purposes.

[/QUOTE]

Good I hope you've learned a lesson here!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

Start Mallett.  Stop letting suck azz Brady call all his own plays.   Line up in the I formation and run on every down.

[/QUOTE]

People who can only see things in black and white usually are considered people who lack intelligence. 

[/QUOTE]
    Do you ever read half of what your write.... your saying there is a lot of grey areas?  I do agree some posters here do antagonize you.  But I also read every thread and guys like wozzy,babe, truechamp... ect ect at times will concede to others.  I can't remember the last time you have done that maybe a few years back.  You are so bitter over this Brady thing in shows up in almost every single thread no matter the topic. All I'm saying drop it a bit, just talk football... You will find more people willing to have good healthy discussions.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

In response to ccsjl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Face it if Pats cant beat Houston here, they WONT beat them down there in a playoff game...

[/QUOTE]

I disagree. If we beat them here does that mean we will beat them there (again) ? No. Different games, injures and schemes. Turnovers and big plays. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

In response to thehub's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ccsjl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Face it if Pats cant beat Houston here, they WONT beat them down there in a playoff game...

[/QUOTE]

I disagree. If we beat them here does that mean we will beat them there (again) ? No. Different games, injures and schemes. Turnovers and big plays. 

[/QUOTE]
    One thing is for sure if we don't beat them here we will have to go there in the Playoffs if we want to get to the SB.  But if we do there is a chance (I think it would be hard for them to beat Indy twice) that we get to stay home if we meet again.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

People who can only see things in black and white usually are considered people who lack intelligence. 

[/QUOTE]
    Do you ever read half of what your write.... your saying there is a lot of grey areas?  I do agree some posters here do antagonize you.  But I also read every thread and guys like wozzy,babe, truechamp... ect ect at times will concede to others.  I can't remember the last time you have done that maybe a few years back.  You are so bitter over this Brady thing in shows up in almost every single thread no matter the topic. All I'm saying drop it a bit, just talk football... You will find more people willing to have good healthy discussions.  

[/QUOTE]

I agree with CSSylvia Russ. You gotta tone it down. You are a passionate fan and a knowledgable one. You provide some great info for our little Patriot nation board here. You are just so far off base with this Brasy thing it has consumed you. Brady does what he is told by what he refers to as the greatest coach of all time. By saying Brady wants to use this offense and Brady this and Brady that you are in essence saying coaching means nothing. McD and BB come up with the game plan of how they want to attack a defense. I am sure Brady being the best QB in the game for 12 years adds to the discussion, but he is a player like the rest of them.