In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to csylvia79's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

Start Mallett.  Stop letting suck azz Brady call all his own plays.   Line up in the I formation and run on every down.

[/QUOTE]

People who can only see things in black and white usually are considered people who lack intelligence. 

[/QUOTE]
    Do you ever read half of what your write.... your saying there is a lot of grey areas?  I do agree some posters here do antagonize you.  But I also read every thread and guys like wozzy,babe, truechamp... ect ect at times will concede to others.  I can't remember the last time you have done that maybe a few years back.  You are so bitter over this Brady thing in shows up in almost every single thread no matter the topic. All I'm saying drop it a bit, just talk football... You will find more people willing to have good healthy discussions.  

[/QUOTE]

Do you not realize that Brady is the leader of the offense?  This is like pretending Gomer Maning is told what to do in Denver. He isn't. His input on gameplans is huge and all but runs the offense there. Same with Brady. Each has multiple plays called in and can choose what they want, can audible, etc. HOw is this even debatable at this point? They're constantly running plays to try to get Ds to show, but there are still times where Brady sticks with what he wants in that shotgun and then is unsuccessful thinking the matchups alone are enough. Guess what? Sometimes they aren't!

Just because I am honest and have a slightly different opinion doesn't mean I can't have one.  Some of you act like it's totally impossible as to what I am saying, which is hilarous considering I have proof that Brady said he prefers the shotgun.  Proof. He said it.

I concede many points and do it all the time.   The main problem here with the healthy discussions is when a troll or irrational jumps in to take me on, all bitter they were blasted in a previous thread, even from a long time ago.

Why do you think Phat Rex selected me to hone in on? Because I destroyed him so many times, he'd use different board names to try to resurface, hoping to go undetected, and I am the one who took him on. Then, when I realized his new board name, I'd be the one to see it first, calling him out and he'd be exposed.  That's why. He then would create my old board names that had been banned, changed one letter in it in order to pose as me.  Over and over and over again, with many here enabling him.  The better question, why would any Pats fan enable a troll Jets fan loser like that?

If you can't say the behavorial pattern here by these insecure people, I can't help you. I've been wrong plenty, will be again, and simply admit so and move on.

Heck, my wager offer that's still open right now proves that the people that follow me around here are insecure. 

[/QUOTE

Continuing to monitor the trend of Brady and the shotgun snap -- which has been utilized less this season than past years -- let's update the numbers after Sunday's win over the Dolphins: 

Usage of the shotgun 
    at Dolphins: 35 of 79 (3 runs, 32 passes) 
    at Jets: 20 of 68 (2 runs, 16 passes, 2 Jets pre-snap penalties) 
    vs. Colts: 21 of 61 (0 runs, 21 passes) 
    vs. Bills: 38 of 72 (6 runs, 32 passes) 
    at Rams: 36 of 69 (4 runs, 32 passes) 
    vs. Jets: 42 of 80 (6 runs, 36 passes) 
    at Seahawks: 60 of 87 (7 runs, 52 passes, 1 false start) 
    vs. Broncos:
     45 of 94 (7 runs, 37 passes, 1 false start) 
    at Bills: 30 of 77 (6 runs, 24 passes) 
    at Ravens: 41 of 82 (6 runs, 34 passes, 1 fumbled snap) 
    vs. Cardinals: 47 of 82 (9 runs, 38 passes) 
    at Titans: 13 of 67 (0 runs, 13 passes) 

On the season, when including penalties, the Patriots have been in the shotgun 46.6 percent of the time (428 of 918). That is a lower percentage than the norm and reflects, from this view, a commitment to the running game that hasn't been as consistent in the past. It paid off on the final drive against the Dolphins.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

Re: Keys To The Game

"http://www.patriots.com/news/article-1/Tom-Brady-Press-Conference-Transcript/5998874b-3440-4d58-938b-07fed4fe13aa"

Q: Do you have a preference for being under center or in the shotgun? 

TB: Tell me the play and I’ll tell you my preference. 

Q: Just in general, it seems like this year you maybe are under center a little more than we’ve seen in the past. Would you agree with that? 

TB: Yeah, I think we probably have been under center a little more. For what reason, I'm not sure. 

Q: How does that change for you in terms of how you read a defense when you're under center versus in the shotgun? 

TB: It doesn’t change too much. I think I’ve done enough over the years where I don’t think about it much. Maybe you're able to see the field a little bit better when you're not turning you back to one side of the field on a drop back. But I think the important thing is to be able to run the ball from under center and throw the ball from under center and do the same thing in the shotgun so a defense can’t really queue up, ‘Ok, when they're in the shotgun, all they're doing is passing.’ I see a lot of teams around the league probably use shotgun more now than they’ve ever used it in the history of the game, but there’re a lot of runs that still come off of that. 

Q: Do you have a tendency to change a play more from either place? 

TB: Not necessarily. 

Q: With the amount of weapons and talent you guys have, does there need to be a level of unselfishness to make it all work as well as it does? 

TB: I think that’s part of being a part of a team and being part of our organization is being unselfish and doing what’s best for the team always. It’s not what’s best for the individual player or the individual position; it’s how we’re going to score the most points and in order to score the most points, we need to do what our job is. If your job is to run through the defense and clear out for another player, then you do that the best you can. We’ve found guys to be able to do those things. So, it’s not about rushing yards or passing yard or receiving touchdowns; it’s about winning games. That’s most important. 

Q: Bill Belichick said that with the changes in staff, the Dolphins have made a lot of defensive changes. What do you see from their defense? 

TB: Well, it’s a different scheme than what they’ve done in the past, so I think part of what we’ve done the past three or four days is understand what they do and how they do it and when they do well, why things are going well for them and vice versa. It’s definitely a challenging scheme. I think they have some very versatile players within their group that allow them to do those things. They have secondary guys that blitz a lot. They have linebackers that cover a lot. It’s definitely a blitz-type team, so you have to be prepared for everybody. 

Q: No Sam Madison and Patrick Surtain to deal with back there? 

TB: No, not this week. They might be somewhere this week, but they won’t be down at the stadium. 

Q: Do you ever think about all the things that have happened that you’ve been a part of down in that stadium? 

TB: Yeah, we’ve had – there was a long streak of games where we had not won, and then we beat them I think in overtime – was it in overtime when we beat them on the pass to Troy [Brown]? Yeah, that was a very memorable day. We’ve had quite a few memorable games down there and each game against this team has always been exciting. I watched the game from last year at the beginning of last season; that was a fun game. Some great memories from that game. Some not-so-great memories, too.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

Man that TB is ruining the team...

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

AVERAGING.

Now you're going to have me look up the all time AVERAGE TOP for an NFL team on a season because you're so dumb. What Houston is doing averaging 36 minutes in TOP is incredible. 

Christ, you're stupid. An outlier number in one game or even a small few, doesn't mean an 'average'. So, NYGs doing 38 or 39 in the playoffs last year isn't an average. It's literally 2 plays that can shift TOP 5 minutes in either direction.

Get it?

I would suggest you slow down and learn to read better, so your belligerence in everything I say doesn't come across so obviously. My god, are you a joke.  Please don't tell me you have kids.  Or vote. You just love to follow me around selfishly hoping to pick fights. Wouldn't it be funny if 36 minutes of TOP on average for a team is the highest in NFL history? LOL

Either take my bet or shut your mouth on this topic.

[/QUOTE]

You're as dumb as they come and contribute nothing but hate and distain to this board.  There average is actually 35:20 and as I said in my origional post, it has been achieved by being able to get the O's off the field and sustaining drives and scoring.  There is no voodoo or fakeness or mirage to it.  That's what well balanced teams do.  Well balanced means having both a good O and D and special teams. It's a fact that the team that wins TOP has a 68% better chance of winning the game 

The TOP is a product of that and it's something that the top ranked O for the Pats has not been able to do because the D sucks.

I don't give a flip how effecient the O is, cuz if the D doesn't get off the field you will NEVER win TOP.  It takes both and even a 3rd grader could figure that one out. 

The only thing an O can do to help their cause and counter that is score more quickly and effeciently, which is exactly what they've been doing for years.  They've consequently , lost TOP for the same amount of years as the D was ranked last or near last. Some of those years they had a good run game and some not.  That is not the catalist.   Poor defensive play is.

The only reason the Pats are not losing at that 68% clip is the O and Tom freaken Brady.  There has never been a NFL offense who scores from the bench and when they lose, this is the reason..  It's so freaken obvious.  Look at their losses and look at the amount of possessions in the game.   Look at the TOP.  Gints 3x's, Steelers, ect, ect ect,  All because TB was on the bench and the D was on the field for the majority of the game. ALL OF THEM!

If you'd open your beady little eyes and quit obsessing over every time TB doesn't complete a pass or throws a pick, you might be able to see some of the nuances of the game.

Please don't insult us all and say your not obsessed because I've never seen a living person more obsessed with anything.  I dated someone with OCD for 8 years and believe me, you have it.   All you are about, your waking and last breath and thought, is about bashing probably the greatest QB of all times and insulting anyone that doesn't see things your twisted way.  Only trolls do that and not even close to the extent of your illness.   Get help.  It's beyond old and very disturbing that any one could be that sick and still walking on the streets.

You did not coin the phrase "learn the game", you narcasistic moron.  Do you have a patent on it?  PFTTTT

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:

everybody he throws to is open, sometimes very open

So true, even Mark Sanchez would become a hall-of-famer in this offense.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to pezz4pats's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

AVERAGING.

Now you're going to have me look up the all time AVERAGE TOP for an NFL team on a season because you're so dumb. What Houston is doing averaging 36 minutes in TOP is incredible. 

Christ, you're stupid. An outlier number in one game or even a small few, doesn't mean an 'average'. So, NYGs doing 38 or 39 in the playoffs last year isn't an average. It's literally 2 plays that can shift TOP 5 minutes in either direction.

Get it?

I would suggest you slow down and learn to read better, so your belligerence in everything I say doesn't come across so obviously. My god, are you a joke.  Please don't tell me you have kids.  Or vote. You just love to follow me around selfishly hoping to pick fights. Wouldn't it be funny if 36 minutes of TOP on average for a team is the highest in NFL history? LOL

Either take my bet or shut your mouth on this topic.

[/QUOTE]

You're as dumb as they come and contribute nothing but hate and distain to this board.  There average is actually 35:20 and as I said in my origional post, it has been achieved by being able to get the O's off the field and sustaining drives and scoring.  There is no voodoo or fakeness or mirage to it.  That's what well balanced teams do.  Well balanced means having both a good O and D and special teams. It's a fact that the team that wins TOP has a 68% better chance of winning the game 

The TOP is a product of that and it's something that the top ranked O for the Pats has not been able to do because the D sucks.

I don't give a flip how effecient the O is, cuz if the D doesn't get off the field you will NEVER win TOP.  It takes both and even a 3rd grader could figure that one out. 

The only thing an O can do to help their cause and counter that is score more quickly and effeciently, which is exactly what they've been doing for years.  They've consequently , lost TOP for the same amount of years as the D was ranked last or near last. Some of those years they had a good run game and some not.  That is not the catalist.   Poor defensive play is.

The only reason the Pats are not losing at that 68% clip is the O and Tom freaken Brady.  There has never been a NFL offense who scores from the bench and when they lose, this is the reason..  It's so freaken obvious.  Look at their losses and look at the amount of possessions in the game.   Look at the TOP.  Gints 3x's, Steelers, ect, ect ect,  All because TB was on the bench and the D was on the field for the majority of the game. ALL OF THEM!

If you'd open your beady little eyes and quit obsessing over every time TB doesn't complete a pass or throws a pick, you might be able to see some of the nuances of the game.

Please don't insult us all and say your not obsessed because I've never seen a living person more obsessed with anything.  I dated someone with OCD for 8 years and believe me, you have it.   All you are about, your waking and last breath and thought, is about bashing probably the greatest QB of all times and insulting anyone that doesn't see things your twisted way.  Only trolls do that and not even close to the extent of your illness.   Get help.  It's beyond old and very disturbing that any one could be that sick and still walking on the streets.

You did not coin the phrase "learn the game", you narcasistic moron.  Do you have a patent on it?  PFTTTT

[/QUOTE]

I use "learn the game" plenty and then Babe started copying me, attempting to gain leverage ina a debate. It's quite comical. Jints also uses my words and phrases, attempting to look smarter than he is.

Jon Gruden said "Houston's TOP average per game is approaching 36 minutes."  He said it in the preview of this game on Monday night. I don't care if it's 35:20 or 35:43.  The point is , that's a ridiculously high average for any NFL team and it's a MAJOR factor why Houston's offense is run so well, how it helps their own D perform to its potential by keeping them well rested during games, and why Schaub looks better than he really is.

Without even looking, I'd bet money that Alex Smith's SF 49ers also have a high TOP average as well.

Gee, I wish our offense was run similarly as those two teams', because that would make Brady better and our D BETTER.

Enjoy being bluedgeoned on the topic again, Pezzy.

Only you would claim I have OCD becuase I don't have an unhealhty man lust for Tom Brady Me being an honest, objective fan who sees the root as to why Tom Brady has disappointed himself and the team in an offense that FAILS against good or great Ds, doesn't mean I have OCD.

You're googly eyed impression of Brady is why you can't see the facts. NE's D in SB 42 or the myriad of other games with a very good D here in 2005, 2006 or 2007 with all those future HOFers or All Pro players got off the field just fine back then. Just fine. A predictable, wussy turnover prone offense doesn't win SBs in an offensive era. That simple.

Apparently, you'd love it for Brady to throw 40+ times in the Superdome in February this year, wouldn't you? All you care about is Brady which makes you sick.  Absolutely sick. This is a team game, not a game centered around catering to QBs.

So, tell us, Pezzy. Why won't you take my simple bet in the Houston game?

[/QUOTE]

God, you are so dumb you just outed yourself,  Are you really that dense or is this an act?

I can tell you with out a doubt that the teams that win TOP have the best defenses.

Did you not understand the fact that the Pats never or hardly ever win TOP because the D sucks and they have never won it since  the D has sucked. 

Again, look at the # of possessions and TOp in ALL the losses. The possessions aren't hindered by the quick scoring O, they are a result of the D giving up 1st down after first down after 1st down, which consequently kills TOP  (iT is a result of that).    Football 101:  The D must get the ball back to the O in order for the O to score.   Is this so hard for you because I'm pretty sure my kid understood that when he was 6.

Are you really so ignorant that you can't see the O has carried the D for years and 99% of their losses came when the O couldn't overcome the D's suckyness?

Oh, you indeed have OCD, narcacistic syndrome, delusions of grandour, learning disabilitys , psychosis and are totally void of logical thinking.

Please do the world a favor and donate your brain to science.  If they can somehow figure out what makes a sicko , sick, there might be hope for the world yet. 

I think they could realistically cure 50 mental illness buy studying  you.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I'd like to think weather will have a factor...it will be raining and around 30 degrees. I wish it would get a little colder for this game, because honestly I don't think those conditions will be enough to effect the outcome of this one.

I want us to win, but I almost get the sense this could be a learning experience for us regarding Houston - kind of reminds me of when we played the Rams or even the Steelers in the regular season (and lost), but came back to beat them in the playoffs. I think we will try like hell to stop Johnson, but their tight end and anyone else will hurt us over the middle (similar to how Bufallo kills us over the middle)...sprinkle in the fact that we may need to bring help up to stop the run and it adds up to a game that we will have to score lots of points to win. Like usual. It will be interesting to see if Jones can play and provide some pressure. Also I'll be watching to see if we blitz a little more, like we've been doing with Talib back there.

On offense we can't just throw it to Welker - with our line being so shaky with injuries, I can see why we try to quickly get it to him, but it won't get us far aginst a good defense. Hernandez, Fells, Lloyd and Vareen have to have big games. And I'd pound the living day lights out of Ridley - he has to be a part of this offense from the very begining - if it waits till the 4th quarter, it's too late. So in order to do that, the line needs to be firing on all cylinders...that's a big assumption/hope. This team would of beat Baltimore last year in the playoffs if they had their starting quarterback - I don't know if they're playing as good on defense as they were last season (looks like they're not), but this is NOT the NY Jets we're facing this week.