Keys To Winning Today...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Keys To Winning Today...

Isn't really any different from any other game.  Score early and often, and get to the opposing QB.

Won't be able to blitz a ton today as Manning is very good at reading defenses BUT our D does have to get pressure on him from the front 7 and the CBs need to be aggressive w/ the bronco receivers....

Would still like to see the Patriots mix things up today...less empty backfield.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

Re: Keys To Winning Today...

Totally agree if they can't make PM uncomfortable then the D is going to have a long day.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Just like in the old days when he played for the Colts, their defensive line is light, keep Manning off the field by pounding the rock with the run.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Just like in the old days when he played for the Colts, their defensive line is light, keep Manning off the field by pounding the rock with the run.

[/QUOTE]

Would love to see at least 150 yards rushing or so...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

If our offense can stay on the field and control the time of possession then BB will dream up some defensive traps to lure Manning into turning it over... he owns Manning.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

I'm not as afraid to blitz Manning as a Bronco. He doesn't have quite as many weapons here as he did in Indy. If we can shut down their running game the pass rush should be sufficient. I'd also like to see us run for Large again today and every other day. I'm very interested in seeing if the running game looks as good as it did against the Bills.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If our offense can stay on the field and control the time of possession then BB will dream up some defensive traps to lure Manning into turning it over... he owns Manning.

[/QUOTE]

I agree, get manning to rush his throws early, an early INT or two - and scoring a TD or two would be sweet.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In response to Rerun85's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm not as afraid to blitz Manning as a Bronco. He doesn't have quite as many weapons here as he did in Indy. If we can shut down their running game the pass rush should be sufficient. I'd also like to see us run for Large again today and every other day. I'm very interested in seeing if the running game looks as good as it did against the Bills.

[/QUOTE]

That's true, he may not have the number of quality receivers that he had with the Colts...but I still think he has the tools to release the ball quickly and hit an open man.

Just wanna rattle him early, confuse him, and yeah - mebbe Spikes can nail him good...lol.

I would agree about the running.  See if they can continue to run just outside the edge, and work on inside running game too.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

1. Run Ridley 20+ times, its a must!

2. Contain McGahe and we can limit the short passing game of Denver who will try to kills us with big TE's, Demaryius who is strong and and quick Decker.

3. Use some blitz, Manning is still jittery in the pocket and if we can hit him or raddle him just a little that should give us an edge.

4. our CB and Saftey's must play the ball, Manning is notorious for targeting defenders that are susceptible to PI calls.

5. Good O line, protect Brady and allow him to get of hiss passes on target. Even if Brady isn't sacked but is rushed and has not so good throws, especially if drops occur, he will get frstrated.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

rusty, turnovers and mental mistakes are huge.  Don't want to shoot ourselves in the foot.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

In response to DelGriffith's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Right now, Gomer is running a boatload of bubble screens, slants and seams. I am not trying to demean him, because he could go off at any moment, but that's essentially what you do with a QB who is learning or trying to get his feet under him.

There's a stat out there that the media is ignoring:  Gomer;s accuracy past 10 yards is way down, v.s. pre-neck Gomer.

Heck, even in 2010, his worst INT season in years, you could see this.  He got hurt against the Skins and he started to lose some zip downfield.

Jam the WRs at the line when you are in passing situations. Don't let them set up the screens, watch the slants and seams.

Really, use the gameplan you'd use against Mark Sanchez.

[/QUOTE]

I've been thinking this since game 1 for him. I actually had overlooked the fact they he just missed a whole year+. I was expecting him to step and look like the Manning of old but instead he just looked Old...Literally. I figure he'll get better by the end of the year but it's not quite as easy when you get past 35 yrs.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

1. Get the Bronco's O off the field on third downs - 50% conversions on 3rd and long is too high (from Buffalo game)

2. Our Offense Execute - don't play games and try to confuse Bronco's D just play our game and execute

3. No mistakes on Special Teams (coverage, penalties or missed FG's)

4. Score touchdowns instead of Field Goals

With all of this comes the normal one protect Brady and give him some time..... I have confidence we are going to win. But we need to Execute and play at a high level, the entire Broncos team will be up for this one.... we beat them twice last year including the playoffs and they will want revenge. Manning is much better than Tebow and so they will want to ride that to a win.....

GO PATS.....

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

I was gonna say run the read option play and QB draws; then I realised the Pats are not the Jets.

A couple of picks on Gomer would be nice. Even nicer is running a few screens and traps to negate the rush and establish the run early. Any word on whether or not Hightower is playing?

Keith Brookings, that dude has to be old.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Oh yeah get pocket pressure on Manning and make him throw outside pocket.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

yes, manning isn't the best passer on the run. But then again, neither is Brady :)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Von Miller is something like 240lbs, and Dumervill is 260.  That's a lot of weight they're surrendering.  

This is the game where that running game must pay off.  

22. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts