Keys To Winning Vs. Buffalo?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Keys To Winning Vs. Buffalo?

Buffalo's secondary is worse than ours. As long as the Patriots mix things up offensively, the Patriots should have little difficulty beating the Bills.

I would like to see the defense shut down the Bills' offense anyway, just to see if the past 2 weeks have any improvement in the secondary. Obviously, Talib will be a non-factor since he won't be able to return until after the game.

As long as the Patriots don't take the game lightly, it shouldn't be a close game at all.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Re: Keys To Winning Vs. Buffalo?

No turnovers.  Last year the Bills forced three or four fumbles in the loss in Buffalo.  Bills' running game has potential, but our run defense is solid.  Fitzpatrick's going to eat a lot of turf.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In response to soups's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No turnovers.  Last year the Bills forced three or four fumbles in the loss in Buffalo.  Bills' running game has potential, but our run defense is solid.  Fitzpatrick's going to eat a lot of turf.

[/QUOTE]

Hope so. How would you assess the Bill's offensive line?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

If our D can keep from making their QB look like Montana, we should prevail.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If our D can keep from making their QB look like Montana, we should prevail.

[/QUOTE]

Even if our secondary doesn't show up, I really don't think there are many reasons why the Patriots shouldn't win.  Now on the other hand, if McD messes up w/ offensive  play calling......

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Same thing as always... score more point than you allow. Whether this is accomplished by the defense stopping Buffalo or the offense piling on points does not really matter...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Same thing as always... score more point than you allow. Whether this is accomplished by the defense stopping Buffalo or the offense piling on points does not really matter...

[/QUOTE]

lol, yes, that is obvious.  what do you know about the bill's offensive line. any good?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to BubbaInHawaii's comment:
    [QUOTE]

lol, yes, that is obvious.  what do you know about the bill's offensive line. any good?

[/QUOTE]

Probably one of the stronger units on the team although they were better at the beginning of the season (injuries have been an issue).  They are 2nd in the league in ypc and Fitz has only been sacked 12 times.  Neither are perfect metrics, (in particular I think Spiller and Jackson make them look better in run blocking than they are) but they are pretty good.  PFF had them ranked in the top 10 a few weeks ago I think.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Avoid food poisoning.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

bubba! where u been? this board needs ur intelligence and basic decency

[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure he was posting as MightyCumEarly since he is the only person I have ever seen refer to Mighty in terms of ejaculation.  In addition he wasn't posting while the other account was posting and vice versa.  Sorry if it wasn't you Bubba, but that's the first thing I thought.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I was just mocking that everything on this board turns into an offense versus defense argument which then turns into a Brady versus Belichick argument. Then it becomes who the Jets suck and have not won anything since 1969...

In response to your question, they are a good run blocking team and an average pass blocking team. They are number six on Cold Hard Football Facts Hog Index (http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/stats/2012/10/OHI/) if you believe those stats. I personally, do not, but that is just me (I think that it weighs 3rd% too much as a measure of line play).

The thing with Buffalo is that their defense is terrible... I mean just plain awful. They are 31st in both yards and points allowed. They are also dead last in terms of yards per rushing attempt on defense allowing a staggering 5.7 yards per carry (nearly half a yard more than the next worst team). 

They are coming off one of their best games of the year holding Houston to 21 points, but I doubt they will repeat that against the Pats.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Buffalo's secondary is worse than ours. As long as the Patriots mix things up offensively, the Patriots should have little difficulty beating the Bills.

I would like to see the defense shut down the Bills' offense anyway, just to see if the past 2 weeks have any improvement in the secondary. Obviously, Talib will be a non-factor since he won't be able to return until after the game.

As long as the Patriots don't take the game lightly, it shouldn't be a close game at all.

[/QUOTE]

rusty re-instated...alas

[/QUOTE]

Hey Jints, doin good. Did I miss anything while I was away?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure he was posting as MightyCumEarly since he is the only person I have ever seen refer to Mighty in terms of ejaculation.  In addition he wasn't posting while the other account was posting and vice versa.  Sorry if it wasn't you Bubba, but that's the first thing I thought.

[/QUOTE]

Don't know what you're talking about as I've been out of the country for almost 2 weeks.

In addition, I don't pay any attention to Mighty as I rarely read any of his useless posts.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

1st run Ridley

2nd Run Vareen

3rd Run Woodhead

4rth Play action to somebody wide open

Repeat steps 1-4.

Pats 42 - Bills 20(7 scored in scrub time as usual)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Showing up at the stadium lol

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

1st run Ridley

2nd Run Vareen

3rd Run Woodhead

Repeat steps 1-4.

[/QUOTE]

But seriously, this ^, Buffalo's run defense is of the swiss cheese variety.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I was just mocking that everything on this board turns into an offense versus defense argument which then turns into a Brady versus Belichick argument. Then it becomes who the Jets suck and have not won anything since 1969...

In response to your question, they are a good run blocking team and an average pass blocking team. They are number six on Cold Hard Football Facts Hog Index (http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/stats/2012/10/OHI/) if you believe those stats. I personally, do not, but that is just me (I think that it weighs 3rd% too much as a measure of line play).

The thing with Buffalo is that their defense is terrible... I mean just plain awful. They are 31st in both yards and points allowed. They are also dead last in terms of yards per rushing attempt on defense allowing a staggering 5.7 yards per carry (nearly half a yard more than the next worst team). 

They are coming off one of their best games of the year holding Houston to 21 points, but I doubt they will repeat that against the Pats.

[/QUOTE]

That's what I was thinking. So, even if our secondary shows some problems - I think our guns are bigger than their guns....lol.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]

1st run Ridley

2nd Run Vareen

3rd Run Woodhead

Repeat steps 1-4.

[/QUOTE]

do u think McD takes notes? IMO, less Woody. And for this game, if the Bill's secondary is as bad on the field as it is on paper.....they should air it out a little, just not necessarily w/ an empty backfield.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In response to CaptainZdeno33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

1st run Ridley

2nd Run Vareen

3rd Run Woodhead

Repeat steps 1-4.

[/QUOTE]

But seriously, this ^, Buffalo's run defense is of the swiss cheese variety.

[/QUOTE]

Besides....if the Patriots think just showing up is gonna do it.....then this will end up being an upset :)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]
    not much just rusty being rusty

[/QUOTE]

Looks like the Giants are doing pretty well this season and putting some pts up on the board.  I'm hoping we have a rematch in the super bowl.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts