Kicker hate

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Kicker hate

In the event that we  win out and the ravens win out , the missed kick in the cards game would end up costing us home field and a first round bye.    I bet there's one guy hoping for a ravens loss or 2.   I hope he can put t to bed, we might need him.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

Re: Kicker hate

In response to Philskiw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In the event that we  win out and the ravens win out , the missed kick in the cards game would end up costing us home field and a first round bye.    I bet there's one guy hoping for a ravens loss or 2.   I hope he can put t to bed, we might need him.  

[/QUOTE]

Of course, the only reason we were in a position to win was because he kicked 4 other field goals, including two from 50+, on a day the rest of the team mailed it in.  Including the team's all-world tight end, who committed a needless hold on a potential game-winning touchdown and a false start that pushed the kick 5 yards further back than it needed to be.  And the coaching staff who on first and 10 from the 18 didn't even try to advance the ball any further, calling two kneeldowns (to center the ball) and a spike.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to MattC05's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Philskiw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Of course, the only reason we were in a position to win was because he kicked 4 other field goals, including two from 50+, on a day the rest of the team mailed it in.  Including the team's all-world tight end, who committed a needless hold on a potential game-winning touchdown and a false start that pushed the kick 5 yards further back than it needed to be.  And the coaching staff who on first and 10 from the 18 didn't even try to advance the ball any further, calling two kneeldowns (to center the ball) and a spike.

[/QUOTE]

I'm with ya brother. I like Steven g. He crushes kickoffs.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Like Nick Bekai on ESPN used to say - Kickers are like women, they cry a lot and cost me money!

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

one of the biggest mistakes the pats made wasn't letting adam v go, it was losing Robbie Gould   

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I think it is pretty much a given much of the trouble has been with the holds. Mesko has pretty much admitted this in Patriot speak, meaning he has insinuated it, beat it around the bush. Never come out and said it directly, but wants all to know he has been at fault, not Ghost.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Ghost has been a great and reliable kicker from any distance...until his shocking miss in the opener that lost the game with no time left.  

Unfortuneately, like a good putter in golf who misses a key makeable putt under pressure, it leaves a permanent mental scar and a dibilitating loss of confidence when faced with similiar situations.      I have little confidence that with the game on the line he will be able to overcome this mental block...and I predict it will cost us the super bowl. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ghost has been a great and reliable kicker from any distance...until his shocking miss in the opener that lost the game with no time left.  

Unfortuneately, like a good putter in golf who misses a key makeable putt under pressure, it leaves a permanent mental scar and a dibilitating loss of confidence when faced with similiar situations.      I have little confidence that with the game on the line he will be able to overcome this mental block...and I predict it will cost us the super bowl. 

[/QUOTE]

Come on!  Nice cheery thought for the holidays.  The Maya Long Count cycle will make it irrelevant anyway.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

[QUOTE]

Unfortuneately, like a good putter in golf who misses a key makeable putt under pressure, it leaves a permanent mental scar and a dibilitating loss of confidence when faced with similiar situations. [/QUOTE]

Which explains why he missed that 43-yarder on the final play of regulation and the 48-yarder to win it in OT 5 weeks later... oh WAIT.  He MADE both of those.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

In response to krismk's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Come on!  Nice cheery thought for the holidays.  The Maya Long Count cycle will make it irrelevant anyway.

[/QUOTE]

LOL; I have some 2013 Mayan Calendars for sale if you are interested send your PAYPAL account number to CheatDeath@Gmail.com

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

It's going to be crappy kicking conditions.  I guess it's better then the painted dirt we used to have.    This game could come down to a kick.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think it is pretty much a given much of the trouble has been with the holds. Mesko has pretty much admitted this in Patriot speak, meaning he has insinuated it, beat it around the bush. Never come out and said it directly, but wants all to know he has been at fault, not Ghost.

[/QUOTE]

On a few missed kicks, it looked to me like the holds were off (but that's hard to judge on TV and even harder to judge when I'm sitting in the third deck at Gillette).