Kiko Alonso

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from saskpatsfan. Show saskpatsfan's posts

Re: Kiko Alonso

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

After seeing his name in some mocks and watching some film, I had him in my mocks leading into the draft in Rd 3, I think it was.

I think Buffalo made a wise move going a bit earlier than his projection and swooping him up. Been impressed so far.

He just reeks of an instinctual player.  Great pick.  Would have fit in here perfectly.

Yea, considering it's usually a daunting challenge for a rookie linebacker to come into the NFL and look so comfortable to start the season. Four int's to start his rookie season in the first month shows what kind of instincts the kid has.

Should be good.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from saskpatsfan. Show saskpatsfan's posts

In response to saskpatsfan's comment:

After seeing his name in some mocks and watching some film, I had him in my mocks leading into the draft in Rd 3, I think it was.

I think Buffalo made a wise move going a bit earlier than his projection and swooping him up. Been impressed so far.

He just reeks of an instinctual player.  Great pick.  Would have fit in here perfectly.

Yea, considering it's usually a daunting challenge for a rookie linebacker to come into the NFL and look so comfortable to start the season. Four int's to start his rookie season in the first month shows what kind of instincts the kid has.

Should be good.

He also leaped over the line on a goal line stand and made an aerial stick on McGehee.  The guy is seriously really good.

Yeah, I watched him a bit in Oregon and he looked like a force then. Sort of overshadowed by the high flying offense. 

I'm not sure what to make of this Bills team though. Just when their defense starts to look decent, Weeden just bombs one on them as we speak...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to saskpatsfan's comment:

Should be good.

He also leaped over the line on a goal line stand and made an aerial stick on McGehee.  The guy is seriously really good.

o   1st Round: WR, DeAndre Hopkins

o   2nd Round: CB, Jonathon Banks

o   3rd Round: ILB, Kiko Alonso

these are the picks i wanted the pats to grab if they had a pick in any of these rounds, when they traded out of the first round i immediatly circled Alonso as an LB they need. wish they got him somehow

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

yeah... i wanted him too. i did not think the pats had a chance with ogletree. i had alonso over collins, but not by much. therefore, when the pats picked collins, i was not surprised.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Haven't seen the video, but apparently he hit Hoyer while he was sliding...? Isn't that a cheap shot?  and Hoyer injured his knee and is out indefinitely.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

He does look good. More than a few people mentioned him as a pats target on MB's draft board.

it will be interesting to see him develop in comparison to Collins. I think it's going to take Collins some time, and it doesn't help that he is behind 3 very good lbs. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejuice1. Show thejuice1's posts

Hoyers slide was perhaps the worst slide ever by a qb. He got hurt because of his idiotic

Slide not because kiko hit him. There wasn't and there should not have been a penalty on kiko

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

I thought the hit was pretty ugly. He hit him with helmet and crunched his body like a trash compactor. Part of the game, but clean hit?  I dont know about that. I doubt anyone would say so if Hoyer was their son. He learned a valuble lesson last night. Its one thing to be mobile and able to get some yards but if you aint rg3, get the yards and get out of bounds.

Both Qbs went out the game trying to scramble. If Qbs are gonna be treated just like runners past the l.o.s. , than coaches need to reign in their starters before they are out indefinately. Weeden looked ok, but if Manuel is out, thats a big loss.

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Hoyer made the mistake of going for the extra yards instead of going out of bounds.  Tough?  Yes.  Smart?  Not really.  I feel awful for the guy.  But that was a clean hit by Alonso.  When you're a runner as Hoyer was, you can get hit like that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to DoNotSleepOnThePats's comment:

Hoyer made the mistake of going for the extra yards instead of going out of bounds.  Tough?  Yes.  Smart?  Not really.  I feel awful for the guy.  But that was a clean hit by Alonso.  When you're a runner as Hoyer was, you can get hit like that.

well yes according to nfl rules, once you leave the pocket, you are a runner,BUT if they are gonna throw flags for RBs putting their head into defenders how can you not put a rule in place to protect Qbs from getting speared and stuff like that. Most times when a QB slides feet first, he still gets hit up high and there is no flag. This discourages QBs from leaving the pocket. This is EXACTLY why Brady shouldnt be scrambling. He is probably the slowest QB in the NFL. He is akward when he slides.(last time he pulled the turf up) and a lot of people here think its smart to risk Bradys career for 5 yards. Only guys scrambling should be the ones fast enough to outrun a guy to the sideline(see Bledsoe vs Jets, 01) Never a good idea

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

well yes according to nfl rules, once you leave the pocket, you are a runner,BUT if they are gonna throw flags for RBs putting their head into defenders how can you not put a rule in place to protect Qbs from getting speared and stuff like that. Most times when a QB slides feet first, he still gets hit up high and there is no flag. This discourages QBs from leaving the pocket. This is EXACTLY why Brady shouldnt be scrambling. He is probably the slowest QB in the NFL. He is akward when he slides.(last time he pulled the turf up) and a lot of people here think its smart to risk Bradys career for 5 yards. Only guys scrambling should be the ones fast enough to outrun a guy to the sideline(see Bledsoe vs Jets, 01) Never a good idea

I'm sure Alonso will get a fine for the hit to the helmet.  The NFL fines for pretty much any tackle now.  Sadly, the helmet hit wasn't the problem.  Poor Hoyer's knee.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

I'm sure Alonso will get a fine for the hit to the helmet.  The NFL fines for pretty much any tackle now.  Sadly, the helmet hit wasn't the problem.  Poor Hoyer's knee.

Yea the legislation is out of control. I dont mind protecting QBs, but any hard hit now and the flags come out. I did notice that Minko Kid lay someone out with a shoulder hit which I think was legal(no flag) but he DID launch himself, just not with his head. I dont see how refs can call it yes or no in that split second. I just dont remember it being a big deal 10 years ago and now the NFL has lost his way, changing the rules every year and now this offensive penatly and more confusion! That was a very akward hit. I know he is hurting today. Things happen for a reason and now Weeden has a 2nd chance.

Sections
Shortcuts