Kind of a crazy thought...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Kind of a crazy thought...

In response to mthurl's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Minus Brady and Gronk, the whole damned team adds up to MEDIOCRE.

Your guess is as good as anybody's as to where we should place our chips, as the clock has just about run out.

I'd add Wilfork into that equation.

Maybe. But I don't know that he offers HOF level play. Brady and Gronk clearly do.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

In response to mthurl's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Minus Brady and Gronk, the whole damned team adds up to MEDIOCRE.

Your guess is as good as anybody's as to where we should place our chips, as the clock has just about run out.

I'd add Wilfork into that equation.

wow Hurl! look how nice this thread has gone along without Rusty!

no name-calling, no disparaging personal comments, no hijacking to say get spoiled brat TB under center, no fighting....wow!

amazing how it happens without queenie

And thus, over a dozen bannings. The mods know what they're doing.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Andre Carter, Anderson, both linebackers, if not in name but certainly in size.  Mario Williams is an outside linebacker in the 3/4 or a 4/3 defensive end with massive tackles next to him...

We need a 6'2"-6'5" 320-340 pound monster who, despite his size and mass, has a high motor, incredible leverage, can't be blocked by one player and doesn't run out of gas.  People think "defensive line" and start to rattle off all these unconventional D line players; we need a defensive tackle.  We should package our entire draft if need be to move up and grab this guy.

When (and if) this happens you will see a huge change in our defense, players like Jones and Ninc will double their sack totals (or more) from last season, the Pat's will rise to the top of the NFL in team sacks, the defensive backs will magically become good at "coverage" because opposing QB's will hear the footsteps and will make mistakes or let loose the ball early.

We need a monster in the middle next to Wilfork, add that to what we already have and this defense will be one of the best in the NFL.

Like a young Seymour?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Thurl,

Your defense may not be special but it is certainly adequate.  By simple stats standards it compares adequately to your 2001 defense.  Here's the difference.  When it came to playoff time, your current defense did not hold up as well as the 2001 version.  That's what made the defense of that era so special.  When it was time to shut an offense down, they did. 

Now all of that said, the defense did not perform substantially worse than their average.  They gave up 5 more points than their average in the playoff game they lost.  By contrast, the offense produced something like 22 points less than their average.  As good as Gronkowski is, he's not worth that much. 

Your line protected well enough.  Your receivers (not all) came up small and the running game was marginal.  Brady also was not excellent.  He missed many throws. 

You could add receivers but beyond Welker and Moss, Brady has not done a great job of integrating new receivers into his offense. 

I think you may be right to improve the offense but, imo, the only place you go is to RB and then you have to ask yourself, can your oline run block (not just pass block).  If the answer is yes, then resign welker get a stud RB and the pats win.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

The only DT that fits that bill with no exception is Star L. Doubt bb cashes everything in to get him, he is a lock to be a top 5 pick. However, there are 2-3 that may be hanging around at 20-29. If we needed to move up 2-4 spots and grab Hankins, I might do it. I got to think Hankins and vw inside with jones and maybe nink / dederick / armstead on the end may be pretty good. Of course another good de would be nice. That also frees us up to play more big 3 man lines with vw, Hankins and love/deaderick/armstead. 

I wouldn't say Star is the only player who fits this description, I'll let you know when I drop my draft guide after the combine who I like, but the initial reports are this draft is deep at DT.

Sections
Shortcuts