King Says Pats Looking to Trade Up to Top 10

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtg5017. Show gtg5017's posts

King Says Pats Looking to Trade Up to Top 10

Speculates we're looking to grab Jackson from LSU, but also admits it's pure speculation. Check it out.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/peter_king/04/24/draft/index.html?eref=T1

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtg5017. Show gtg5017's posts

Re: King Says Pats Looking to Trade Up to Top 10

I actually wouldn't be surprised if they pounced on Ayers...he seems to be in the mold BB likes for his outside LBs and has the versatility to play multiple positions based on the scheme...270 lbs w/speed...reminds me of AT's build.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

If we're moving up to top 10 it has to be an OL or DL.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

[QUOTE]If we're moving up to top 10 it has to be an OL or DL.
    Posted by deluxbury[/QUOTE]

The greater need is at OLB

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jiminycricket. Show jiminycricket's posts

if you're giving ten to one odds, i'll put ten dollars on us going for duh duh duh if belichick moves up

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Jackson is a great prospect but not good enough to give up to to three draft picks for.  There are many guys in this draft that are just a slight drop from these top tear players that I don't see the Pats moving up.

You can pickup a very solid player at 23 or in the 2nd for a lot cheaper.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtg5017. Show gtg5017's posts

I think BB's just doing his due diligence and guaging what it would actually take to move up that high in case some1 slipped that he wasn't expecting. All part of the master plan. ;-)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

[QUOTE]Jackson is a great prospect but not good enough to give up to to three draft picks for.  There are many guys in this draft that are just a slight drop from these top tear players that I don't see the Pats moving up. You can pickup a very solid player at 23 or in the 2nd for a lot cheaper.
    Posted by Pats7393[/QUOTE]

It must be Curry if he slips. He may if Danny boy gives away the house to SP for the 3rd pick.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtg5017. Show gtg5017's posts

[QUOTE]It must be Curry if he slips. He may if Danny boy gives away the house to SP for the 3rd pick.
    Posted by thehub[/QUOTE]

Agreed on Curry, but I don't think Danny boy has enough ammo in the pocket to trigger such a trade...and apparently he's called off trading the 2010 1st rounder. We shall see though, we shall see...after all, he did give Fat Albert $100 mil. haha

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

If Curry slips to 10 or 11 then I think you see BB make a move that works for the Pats, the trade might not happen because the other team might want more but a call will take place.  Aaron Curry and Jared Mayo, wow talk about a solid LB for years to come.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

Its got to be Andre Smith. They worked him out and Saban probably gave the go ahead on him. He could be #1 or #2 talent around pick #10. Sounds like value the Pats like. Then they can take secondary help or Laurinitis at the top of round 2 and an OLB later in the draft. Then sign Taylor for next year and see how Crabble, Redd, Woods, and whoever else they pick pans out. And if none of them do, Peppers will hit the free agent market next year and its not likely that Carolina franchises him yet again.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jiminycricket. Show jiminycricket's posts

yup smith or the ohio state CB/S malcolm jenkins. ssshh hush hush.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

I believe 4 tackles are taken by pick #10, even Andre Smith if the Pats want him they might need to trade with Cincy and that's too rich of a trade.  Oher will be gone also even though the team that picks him will reach a bit.  Could be Bills at 11 but will be gone by then.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jiminycricket. Show jiminycricket's posts

what are you saying. oher is gonna be a bust.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

[QUOTE]If Curry slips to 10 or 11 then I think you see BB make a move that works for the Pats, the trade might not happen because the other team might want more but a call will take place.  Aaron Curry and Jared Mayo, wow talk about a solid LB for years to come.
    Posted by Pats739

The issue is Jax is going to move out first and get plenty for it. Then the pats need to get the packers to play fair.  There is no way its for offence as king wrote. I agree with gtg - Danny does have enough. Just like in this economy, we have nothing left to leverage and he must pay off his debts first. Poor Danny!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

If the Patriots move up inside the top 10 it's for Michael Crabtree.Since we know that Randy and Joey are not getting any younger.I know it sounds crazy but that is the pick if they can get either Jax or Green Bay to bite on the trade.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtg5017. Show gtg5017's posts

Like i said, i definitely feel like BB's just testing the waters right now to get a feel for what teams are looking for, and apparently GB's made it known they want out of the #9 spot. Life would be made much easier if Seattle takes Sanchez, that way he doesn't fall to the Jags. If that happens, I feel there will be a bidding war that the Pats will want no part in. Even if they try to trade w/GB, they'll have to give up more to the Pack because the Jags will make off with an arm and a leg! So just pray Dirty Sanchez does not make it past the Browns as #5.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from No1BadGuy. Show No1BadGuy's posts

I think it is safe to assume that at least 3 OT's and the 2 QB's will go in the top 10.

I will admit it. I have a slight bromance for Curry and if he doesn't go to to either the Lions or Cheifs (Jackson / Raji), he could fall to the 8-10 range. Personally I would love putting him inside with Mayo (remember Ray Lewis played on the edge from time to time at the U) because I think he is a 4 down line backer who moves outside on passing / blitzing downs with Guyton playing next to Mayo and then we go OLB @ #34 (English) and we have future that has a very strong linebacking core moving forward..

Rams (OT For Sure)
    Seattle (OT, QB or DT)
    Browns (WR, QB, DT or OLB)
    Bungles (Basically every position but a QB)
    Raiders (WR or OT, but really who cares because I think we can all agree that it willl be a head scratching pick anyways)
    Jags (Curry?)
    PAckers (Maybe but they have a pretty good line backing group and Kampman is suppose to move to olb in their new 3-4 scheme)
    49ers (EVERY Position)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Its all depends on how things go, if teh Lions take Curry instead of Staffard then it changes the entire draft. I saw a mock today where this happend and Brian Arakpo fell all the way to like 9, if he is there at 9 I could see us moving up and taking him. He is teh best pass rusher in the draft

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALAN2012. Show ALAN2012's posts

The whole trading up could be a big smoke screen, but i'm quite certain that if they are trading up then it will be for Andre Smith. A top 3 talent that i'm sure Saban endorsed, and a safety blanket for Brady this year.  If they move up it has to be for Andre Smith.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dx7. Show dx7's posts

[QUOTE]Its got to be Andre Smith. They worked him out and Saban probably gave the go ahead on him. He could be #1 or #2 talent around pick #10. Sounds like value the Pats like. Then they can take secondary help or Laurinitis at the top of round 2 and an OLB later in the draft. Then sign Taylor for next year and see how Crabble, Redd, Woods, and whoever else they pick pans out. And if none of them do, Peppers will hit the free agent market next year and its not likely that Carolina franchises him yet again.
    Posted by artielang[/QUOTE]

This is the most likely option. King seems to imply the same thing when he says it will be an offensive player. It's not likely that we take Crabtree or one of the QB's!

-- dx

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dx7. Show dx7's posts

[QUOTE]Its all depends on how things go, if teh Lions take Curry instead of Staffard then it changes the entire draft. I saw a mock today where this happend and Brian Arakpo fell all the way to like 9, if he is there at 9 I could see us moving up and taking him. He is teh best pass rusher in the draft
    Posted by MVPkilla[/QUOTE]

You should read the scouting report on Orakpo. He looks like a sure bust! Nothing more than a workout warrior.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

It's for Darius Butler.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I fully appreciate everyone's take on what they would be going after if they jump that high up in the draft.My opinion is based on future need and though I agree that LT is an upcoming need,I think that all 3 of the Tackles that BB might want will be gone Smith,Smith and Monroe will all be gone by #7 and since we already know that from King's story it was for an offensive player.Deduction leads me to one of the Receivers since neither running back nor QB are of interest or need.But like we always say we will see what the smokescreen was all about...IIt could be they were just trying to get someone else to jump up there to get them off his plan for the draft in the first place...The Mystery man strikes the day before the Draft.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dx7. Show dx7's posts

[QUOTE]It's for Darius Butler.
    Posted by KyleCleric2[/QUOTE]

Too high. You can get him at 23 maybe even drop down to 29 and still get him.

Sections
Shortcuts