King Says Pats Looking to Trade Up to Top 10

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

Re: King Says Pats Looking to Trade Up to Top 10

DO IT BILL! How many guys that we draft will make this team? We have 11 picks. We won't need them all. If it happens is this the first time Bill has traded up in the first round or for that matter ever?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OscarGamble. Show OscarGamble's posts

Interesting part, if true, is NE is one of four teams trying to trade up but the other 3 are targeting Sanchez. Different dynamic because the Jets, Denver & Washington are positioning against each other for the same guy; the Pats are just looking for a slot, with one particular player in mind. The Sanchez losers may provide a great opportunity for BB to get a sweet deal, IMO.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I don't have first hand knowledge I just had a gut feeling that the guy they were looking at had to be Randy's replacement the top 4 tackles could all be gone by the 8th or 9th pick!! That is what led me to my thinking that Crabtree is the guy! They still have #34 and #58 if they had made the trade that was suggested #23 and #47 for the 8th pick,so if it goes through they would still get one of thier DE/OLB's and an OT in the second round.Oh well we will see what tomorrow brings.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from patpscyho. Show patpscyho's posts

This is pure speculation and guesswork. You know NE never tips its hands and nothing from within the organization would give the game away.. note that Jackson was already the rumor.. I think he was first raised by PK.

If they are moving that far up, it will be for picking someone way out of left field or they have the intention of going against the grain to such an extent that they couldn't be easily outguessed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

[QUOTE]Only if the Patriots get a bargain, and only if the right guy is available at the right spot. Actually, there's a 30% chance the whole thing is a smokescreen.  You notice that the trades weren't actually made?  Maybe the Patriots want the Jets to snooker them out of another Vernon Gholston.
    Posted by Paul_K[/QUOTE]

Paul there a no bargains in the 10 ten all the prices are pretty much set.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]If they trade up it'd have to be for a tough to fill position like LT or anywhere along the Defensive Line. Curry will probably be terrific but it seems like you can always find quality players in the mid-rounds at LB. I wouldn't trade up just to draft a LB. The Pats still have last year's 3rd round pick (Crable), along w/ Pierre Woods, Guyton, Vince Redd, so there is some depth, albeit unproven. Yoy could wait for that position, IMO. A trade would be for Orakpo, maybe Tyson Jackson (only 4.5 sacks last season @ LSU?!) or one of the three LT's (Andre or Jason Smith & Eugene Monroe).
    Posted by OscarGamble[/QUOTE]

I agree, I can't see why Orakpo wouldn't  be the top target. I have said for a while I consider him an equal or better prospect than Curry. And he makes so much sense for what NE *needs* this offseason.

Andre Smith and Monroe are obvisouly potential targets as well. Tyson Jackson is a 3-4 De who was playing a wierd 4-3 End spot for his size. He would thrive here.

My post was only saying that Curry would be another good option in the mix if he fell a bit. I think he might, because I can't see anyone being thrilled to take an ILB in the top five.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyHasMoreRings. Show BradyHasMoreRings's posts

DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT

I CANT WAIT

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

Belichick Says Chances Of Trading Up To Top Ten Are “Less Than Zero”

Pats coach Bill Belichick just said on NFLN that the chances his team will trade up to the top ten are “less than zero.”

He sounded more optimistic about moving down.

We’ve heard they’re willing to drop out of the first round altogether.

Look for a team that needs a receiver to try to swing a deal with Belichick — whether it’s one of the teams below the Pats in round one or a team at the top of round two that wants to cut the line.