Kiper on possible WR trade

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: Kiper on possible WR trade

A 2nd is too much....but a 2nd for D-Williams on the other hand!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSII. Show BSII's posts

Smith would be great although he's crazy.  Plays hard, and is productive despite not having a decent QB since Jake lost it 3 years ago.  I'd take the old Branch, don't know if there is much left in his tank.  Maybe a change of scenery would revive him.

8 picks in top 4 rounds is unbelievable. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Kiper is saying running back and defense, and I agree especially defense
    What about renting Champ Bailey for a third rounder (thank you Randy).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

In Response to Re: Kiper on possible WR trade:
    How about D-Will and Smith for our #1?
    Posted by rameakap

wow. blockbuster. the AFC might just go home and quit if that happened. Id say that would take our #1 and #3

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

How about D-Will and Smith for our #1?
    Posted by rameakap

Is the Carolina GM broke and smoke crack because that ain't happening.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

defense What about renting Champ Bailey for a third rounder (thank you Randy).
    Posted by futbal

no thanks

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

I posted that I wanted Steve Smith early in the preseason (of coarse i'm a girl so i didn't get much response) I'd rather have Smith than Branch but they both have injury issues. but I believe Carolina would trade. He's a nasty reciever i'd love to see him on the Patriots

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

BB will not over pay for anyone or to salvage a season. He has proved this time and time again. He believes in team, and not in stars.

Examples:

Samuel
    Moss

He has lots of draft picks for the future. I hope he is right. However, it is a little early in the year for me to be saying "wait till next year".

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

A 2nd is too much....but a 2nd for D-Williams on the other hand!
    Posted by TrueChamp

we got good RBs, plus there will be better ones in the 2011 draft we can get with that 2nd rounder

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

We don't need a RB the Patriots are a pass first offense! However if Ingram is available at #32 cool beans.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

So we can trade our #1 and Denver's #4 for DWill and Smith Then we can trade either of our #3's for Champ Bailey and still have a pick in every rd and an extra 2nd Sound good to everyone:-)
    Posted by rameakap
    Carolina would be investigated for being a team run by BB on the sly! Deangelo Williams and Steve Smith for our first round pick and our third round pick I make that trade all day long! I'm not sure the Panthers would make it..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

I posted that I wanted Steve Smith early in the preseason (of coarse i'm a girl so i didn't get much response) I'd rather have Smith than Branch but they both have injury issues. but I believe Carolina would trade. He's a nasty reciever i'd love to see him on the Patriots
    Posted by NEGAME

yep, your very much a girl.  That's not a negative by the way.  I actually think a lot of your opinions!  It gives us on the board a different look on matters.  Don't ever think that you are not respected on this board.  I'm not alone on this.

Here's where the rubber hits the road.  There are going to be an awful lot of FAs next year.  The players the Pats don't get through the draft they can obtain through FA.  It's about being patient.  Next year will be the Pats year.  I was very focal about this before the draft that it would take next years draft as well to fix everything.  I didin't get much of a response on that either.  And I'm not a girl.  Of course there might be others who disagree!  Hang in there NEGame!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Carolina is one blow out away from Global Thermo Nuclear War in the organization. I am talking anarchy. Fox and his entire staff may be fired at any moment, and as much respect as a lot of "Football" people have for John Fox, I say he deserves to be fired for the Jake Delhomme 50 mil extension, the Dwayne Jarret draft pick, the failure to replace his vaunted Defensive line from 03-05 and never having a true compliment to Steve Smith in the passing game.

Anyway my point is....Steve Smith and or D-Williams I think are in the last year of big contracts. Panthers already have The Daily Show and have multiple needs on that team. It is very reasonable;e to assume they will be making some moves. Considering we have 8 picks in 1st 4 rds I would not be opposed to trading for a quality vet instead of getting younger then we already are.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZachRudy. Show ZachRudy's posts

As a Pats fan living down in Carolina, I love the Steve Smith idea.  The guy is all heart and wants to win.  Steve has great hands, is very fast and has the fight and drive to go up and win balls.  Steve was basically begging and pleading with the Panther F.O. to bring in another receiver and even claimed he would be more then happy to play second fiddle to a big name free agent receiver or high draft pick receiver.  That did not materialize and fans can see the frustration in Smith's game, demeanor and actions (pretty much told off Clauson last week).

Steve is 31 and has two years left on his contract.  My only objection is he is becoming increasingly injury prone.  Other than that, he seems to be a hard working, blue collar player. 

All that being said, garytx is probably right.  Being patient is the most sensible approach. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

Posted by NEGAME

Gamer,
    You're either a girl or you have a bad case of the mumps.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LB34. Show LB34's posts

I like the Steve Smith idea but I'm sure Carolina will want their 2nd back we got in a trade.  That may be too high a price especially if Branch can be had for a 4th or 5th rounder.  Get Branch!

D Williams is a free agent at year end and will need to a be sign a trade to give up a 1st or 2nd.  Probably too complicated at this point.  Plus, I think a lot of fans want to see what we have in Law Firm as he too is a F/A at year end.  Maybe consider D Williams as a F/A but he will want to get paid $$$ 

Too bad we didn't draft D Williams instead of Maroney...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

I like the Steve Smith idea but I'm sure Carolina will want their 2nd back we got in a trade.  That may be too high a price especially if Branch can be had for a 4th or 5th rounder.  Get Branch! D Williams is a free agent at year end and will need to a be sign a trade to give up a 1st or 2nd.  Probably too complicated at this point.  Plus, I think a lot of fans want to see what we have in Law Firm as he too is a F/A at year end.  Maybe consider D Williams as a F/A but he will want to get paid $$$  Too bad we didn't draft D Williams instead of Maroney...
    Posted by LB34
    If BB gives a 4th for Branch, a guy Seatlle doesn't even  want, He should  be fired. I hope your not like some others who thought Moss would bring a number 1 and a three.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

It starts at DE... After rewatching that Dolphins game were going to have serious problems going forward if they dont go DE. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

I just want to stop the Steve Smith talk now.

Some people are happy Randy is gone because they THINK he was a problem.

A lot of people don't want Jackson because they THINK he is a problem.

Well, Steve Smith IS a problem. He has gotten in more than one fight with teammates, and been suspended simply for "conduct detrimental to the team." Neither Moss nor Jackson have either of those on their resumes. Smith is one of the bigger a h o l e s in the league and as much as I like the talent, you're looking at a TO type of player who's actually far more of a jerk, and less of an insecure putz.

"Steve Smith, the Carolina Panthers star wide receiver who was involved in a altercation with Ken Lucas in which he broke his teammates nose, has been suspended by the team for their first two games." - 2008

This the kind of teammate you want?

Also, numerous injuries in his past:

-Missed 04 with broken leg
    -Missed 2 games begginning 06 with various foot injuries
    -Broke forearm in week 16 of 09, broke it again 6/19 playing flag football
    -Missed Bowl game in 2000 with injury while in college

I'll take either of their RBs, they can keep this guy.

Sections
Shortcuts