Kiper on the Xavier Rhodes Bandwagon I started 2 months ago (Which I left recently for another plan).

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Kiper on the Xavier Rhodes Bandwagon I started 2 months ago (Which I left recently for another plan).

rhodes was my pick a while backk, but since then, ive moved to adddressing a #1 and a #2 cb in fa and getting the best pass rusher available and best big outside wr available in rd 1 and 2 ( ie carradine and hopkins or da' rick rogers).

still also interested in adding pass rush in fa, o line, wr and maybe speed lb and or safety.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Re: Kiper on the Xavier Rhodes Bandwagon I started 2 months ago (Which I left recently for another plan).

Rhodes probaly won`t fall to the 29th pick, but yeah the market is crowded at Cb we need to use the draft to find a pass rusher and a receiver this position is very thin in the FA, I totally agree with you dude.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Re: Kiper on the Xavier Rhodes Bandwagon I started 2 months ago (Which I left recently for another plan).

You make good points. CB likely addressed in FA.

Which pass rusher do you think will be there @29?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Rather get an interior pass rush in the 1st.

Truthfully there isn't much difference between CB's in the late 1st to early 3rd range, except for size. Really the coverage skills between Rhodes, Banks, McFadden, Slay, Poyer, Alford, and Davis are about the same but because of size obviously some are more geared to slot guys. So if the Pats address the outside CB position via FA then I see no reason to get a bigger CB with similar coverage skill early vs getting a highly talented DT/DE early and a CB later

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

I think we will trade back in the first round

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to PATSchampsSB's comment:

I'm not sure we will. This is a great DL draft (something BB likes) and weaker in the mid rounds. Also after last year I think BB sees the window closing and might be more willing to move up for impact players, esp since they only need piece and not whole scale rebuilds

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I want a d lineman or an OLB.  We need a pass rush   The rest would be good enough with a good pass rush. Then bb can disguise blitz packages nd get in the qbs head like years past. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

good point PatsEng`s, this really make sense

I'm not sure we will. This is a great DL draft (something BB likes) and weaker in the mid rounds. Also after last year I think BB sees the window closing and might be more willing to move up for impact players, esp since they only need piece and not whole scale rebuilds

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to pats-fan-2007's comment:

You make good points. CB likely addressed in FA.

Which pass rusher do you think will be there @29?

see above 07- carradine provided he doesnt recover to quickly

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Rhodes probaly won`t fall to the 29th pick, but yeah the market is crowded at Cb we need to use the draft to find a pass rusher and a receiver this position is very thin in the FA, I totally agree with you dude.

2 months ago he was not projected to go where he is now.

right on p rusher and big wr

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

thats my hp etrade back into top half rd 2 and trade up into top hqalf rd 2 and get carradine and hopkins (and if we miss hopkins, rogers

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

I want a d lineman or an OLB.  We need a pass rush   The rest would be good enough with a good pass rush. Then bb can disguise blitz packages nd get in the qbs head like years past. 

absloitluely need pass rush or were going nowhere. we couldnt make flacco sweat even

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Rather get an interior pass rush in the 1st.

Truthfully there isn't much difference between CB's in the late 1st to early 3rd range, except for size. Really the coverage skills between Rhodes, Banks, McFadden, Slay, Poyer, Alford, and Davis are about the same but because of size obviously some are more geared to slot guys. So if the Pats address the outside CB position via FA then I see no reason to get a bigger CB with similar coverage skill early vs getting a highly talented DT/DE early and a CB later

"CB position via FA then I see no reason to get a bigger CB with similar coverage skill early vs getting a highly talented DT/DE early and a CB later"

that is my point though we differ in dt vs de.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I would rather get carradine at 29 then Hankins or another interior DT. If any of the FA rumors are correct, the pats could be targeting some dt's in FA like Desmond Bryant from Oakland. Put him for example next to Vince flanked by carradine and jones, sure up the secondary and watch out. Now I don't think Bryant is great, but he has the size to command doubles and he can produce a sack or two from the inside and push the pocket. There are other dt's similar we could get in FA that would be affordable. I do t see anyone available in FA with carradine s skill set...maybe Avril, but he is gong to cost big bucks.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:

absloitluely need pass rush or were going nowhere. we couldnt make flacco sweat even

absloitluely

brother u know football but u got to be the worst typist in history...holy cow!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

absloitluely

brother u know football but u got to be the worst typist in history...holy cow!

well i have no disagrement with that :)

hope yer' good.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

I would rather get carradine at 29 then Hankins or another interior DT. If any of the FA rumors are correct, the pats could be targeting some dt's in FA like Desmond Bryant from Oakland. Put him for example next to Vince flanked by carradine and jones, sure up the secondary and watch out. Now I don't think Bryant is great, but he has the size to command doubles and he can produce a sack or two from the inside and push the pocket. There are other dt's similar we could get in FA that would be affordable. I do t see anyone available in FA with carradine s skill set...maybe Avril, but he is gong to cost big bucks.

right on it lifer.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

thats my hp etrade back into top half rd 2 and trade up into top hqalf rd 2 and get carradine and hopkins (and if we miss hopkins, rogers

It doesn't make as much sense to trade out of the first round as it used to. Not only because of the scale, but also because of the fifth year option that only comes with first rounders.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

It doesn't make as much sense to trade out of the first round as it used to. Not only because of the scale, but also because of the fifth year option that only comes with first rounders.

True to an extent. I think there should be a couple of qualifiers to what you said.

1) I believe the teams are still trying to figure out the rookie salary cap's impact on the value charts. I believe, that from the top 10 up (or perhaps the top 15), the increase in value as you approach the top pick will ultimately steepen. In other words, on an exchange of picks, it will be much more costly to trade up into the top 10 than it used to be (It may take another year or two for the values to reach equilibrium). It follows then that a team in the top 10 who does not think they need to pick a top 10 guy could get a lot picks on a trade down.

2) Beyond a top 10/15, a trade down could still translate to some additional picks, even if you get a pick or two on the following year. For teams with few picks, NWE is a good example this year, that would still make sense.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

In response to Muzwell's comment:

[QUOTE]

True to an extent. I think there should be a couple of qualifiers to what you said.

1) I believe the teams are still trying to figure out the rookie salary cap's impact on the value charts. I believe, that from the top 10 up (or perhaps the top 15), the increase in value as you approach the top pick will ultimately steepen. In other words, on an exchange of picks, it will be much more costly to trade up into the top 10 than it used to be (It may take another year or two for the values to reach equilibrium). It follows then that a team in the top 10 who does not think they need to pick a top 10 guy could get a lot picks on a trade down.

2) Beyond a top 10/15, a trade down could still translate to some additional picks, even if you get a pick or two on the following year. For teams with few picks, NWE is a good example this year, that would still make sense.

Well, sure it still makes sense to trade from 10 to 15 or whatever and pick up an additional pick or two in the process.  What doesn't make as much sense as it used to is dealing out of the end of round 1 into round 2, even if it's a high 2, because you lose that fifth year option.

On the flip side, it makes those late first rounders more valuable.  Let's say KC wants to pick up a developmental QB to work behind Alex Smith, it makes a lot of sense for them to move from the 34th pick to the bottom of round 1 so that they have that young QB for 5 years instead of 4.