Kirwan and Tim Ryan from camp say Bequette "clearly" ahead of Jones early on.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: Kirwan and Tim Ryan from camp say Bequette "clearly" ahead of Jones early on.

In Response to Re: Kirwan and Tim Ryan from camp say Bequette "clearly" ahead of Jones early on.:
    We can't forget that this is entertainment.  I like listening to Kirwan and Ryan.  Might be my favorite program on Sirius.  The camp visits are entertainment with a bit of info splashed in-between.  It's kinda like these meaningless power rankings they all do now.  Us fans want to be entertained (at least I do).  Most of us enjoy reading the various camp reports.  I'm overseas at the moment so I couldn't listen myself.  I'd bet anything that Kirwan stipulated once or twice that this was just one day early in camp.  That said, he's still going to make it interesting for the fans.  How boring would it be if he ended every sentence with a disclaimer....
    Posted by carawaydj

More then once! These guys are grounded, and the opinions they offered were from a small window(1 practice). Some fans here are taking it as more then that, oh well. Imo, these guys are the best on radio, and the 4 hours of camp coverage was the best Pats talk/info I have heard in a long long time. They covered every player and offered educated opinions on what they were seeing in practice....as it happened!

In regards to the run game, they also commented on the talent Ridley and Vareen had. I think the point was that at this time, there is no clear cut answer to losing Benny, as they watched these guys miss assignments and such..... but they think it will come!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Re: Kirwan and Tim Ryan from camp say Bequette "clearly" ahead of Jones early on.

Pre-draft I had Bequette pegged as possibly playing at the "Sam" ILB spot because of his mobility, I didn't foresee BB moving up into the first to grab Hightower who will start there opening day.  

I don't see how with the addition of Jones, Hightower and Bequette the Patriot's didn't have the best linebacker draft in the league.  I believe and hope that both Jones and Bequette will be good if not great.  Jones had a stellar Pro Day at Syracuse, frankly now I'm glad he stunk it up at the combine, maybe that's how we managed to get him.

Anyway you slice it with Mayo, Hightower inside and Jones, Bequette, Scott outside and Spikes, Nincovich and Fletcher providing quality depth across the board we have a completely revamped linebacking corp. With the additions to the defensive backfield the same can be said there.  Wilfork, Warren, Brace, Deadrick, Fanene and Pryor are a solid group inside.  

The only thing that can derail this defense from being great is injury.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Kirwan and Tim Ryan from camp say Bequette "clearly" ahead of Jones early on.:
    I've been in my car for 4 hours of live camp coverage and spoke with these 2 as well. They have talked highly of Hightower, Mayo, Brady, Mallet, Cannon, Gallery and for the last 5 minutes about Bequette being ahead of Jones. Specifically foot work, power, hands and over all comfortability with what they are doing. Sory no link as its live on Siruis but just happened 10 minutes ago. Granted 1 practice but its a padded practice. Few other observations as they close out. Mallet completed amost everything today. Gallery is their choice for starting guard if Mankins or Waters is not available. LOVE the addition of Brandon Loyd. As I speak I'm Ryan just said from 1 practice he notes the run game is "not fixed" Volmer is their key for the o line, they say we need him although they like Cannon. We can "win games if Brady misses time", these guys are giving glowing endorsements to Mallet over Hoyer Most importantly a quote from Kirwan to end the program, "This team is clearly better then the SB team of last year"!!! Awesome!
    Posted by TrueChamp

Thanks for the info., Champ!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Kirwan and Tim Ryan from camp say Bequette "clearly" ahead of Jones early on.:
    The Globe has been reporting that Jones has been showing nice 1 on 1 moves.  I think he starts, especially on passing downs. The word on running back is that the defense just got seriously better and the offensive line, which is at least half of the Patriots running game, is all nursing their injuries this preseason.  Gronk almost has both his feet now but he isn't really ready to run block.  Mankins isn't on the field.  Vollmer has a bad back.  This is the start of Solder's second year.  Waters is preserving his body until the real games start in September.  Neither Koppen nor Connelly is that good these days. 
    Posted by Paul_K

Very concerned about Vollmer's back problems, and Gronk's ankle. The Pats need both of these guys at 100% if they are to return to the SB.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In Response to Kirwan and Tim Ryan from camp say Bequette "clearly" ahead of Jones early on.:
    I've been in my car for 4 hours of live camp coverage and spoke with these 2 as well. They have talked highly of Hightower, Mayo, Brady, Mallet, Cannon, Gallery and for the last 5 minutes about Bequette being ahead of Jones. Specifically foot work, power, hands and over all comfortability with what they are doing. Sory no link as its live on Siruis but just happened 10 minutes ago. Granted 1 practice but its a padded practice. Few other observations as they close out. Mallet completed amost everything today. Gallery is their choice for starting guard if Mankins or Waters is not available. LOVE the addition of Brandon Loyd. As I speak I'm Ryan just said from 1 practice he notes the run game is "not fixed" Volmer is their key for the o line, they say we need him although they like Cannon. We can "win games if Brady misses time", these guys are giving glowing endorsements to Mallet over Hoyer Most importantly a quote from Kirwan to end the program, "This team is clearly better then the SB team of last year"!!! Awesome!
    Posted by TrueChamp

It's very early...and Jones is very raw. But, the physical ability and, hopefully, the desire to excel, is there. He's going to get better in time. I look for Hightower to have a greater impact than Jones this season. But, next season, watch out for Jones.

He hasn't exactly been a slouch, thus far...though he's not the second coming of Jason Pierre-Paul or Willie McGinest, yet:
    Jones-Solder duel draws notice. In what is becoming one of the more entertaining duels of camp, defensive end Chandler Jones and left tackle Nate Solder squared off in 1-on-1 drills. Jones delivered one of the individual efforts of the day with an impressive push/pull move to knock Solder off balance and score the "sack." One line of thinking on Jones is that he is a raw prospect who might need time, but that doesn't come to mind when watching him rush in 1-on-1 drills.

Glad to hear that Bequette is looking good. Good news so far on Jermaine Cunningham, too:
    Cunningham's strong camp continues. Third-year defensive end Jermaine Cunningham, one of the team's 10 offseason award winners, is off to a sizzling start in 1-on-1 drills. Rushing off the left edge, he had a spin move today that resulted in a quick "sack." The 2010 second-round draft choice has been one of the surprising stories of camp:
    http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/

I'm very encouraged about the prospects for the Pats' front seven this season!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I think most of us kinda wrote JC off a little. If he could meet his potential it would be a huge bonus for this defense. JC, Jones, Bequette,Scott,even Hightower,and Nink is some pretty good competition for the pass rush.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

The only thing I worry about with Jones right now is that with those long and lanky limbs (that may not be developed enough yet) that he gets them stuck under a player or pile and gets hurt. Where an experienced guy may know better where, and where not to land/fall/step/etc. Watching his college stuff, he looks so lanky and not quite grown into his body yet. He looks like he has so much ability, yet you can't help but notice that he's all arms and legs - I imagine they'll teach him to play more compact and choose his spots.

Sections
Shortcuts